PDA

View Full Version : Tornado, Power Outage and No Internet!

BMR777
08-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Hello,

Some of you may have noticed that I wasn't online yesterday. Well, two days ago at night there was high wind or even tornado activity in my area. It blew the roof off the high school that is about a half mile from my home. I also lost power for 16 hours. I also lost internet access for over 24 hours while they fixed things. That's why I wasn't online.

I'm currently trying to answer the back log of emails I have received while gone for a day. Those of you who purchased Premium Memberships in the last 48 hours, I'm getting to you. :) I have about 30+ emails to answer, so that's how it goes. :)

BMR777

lupus6x9
08-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Cool. I used to live in Minnesota, where we got lots of tornado warnings, and that was fun.

Now I live in Arizona, where it's 125 degrees year-round. Must... get... OUT... of... here.... :G

You're online an awful lot. Don't you have a job or something?

BMR777
08-07-2008, 10:42 AM

I'm also a self employed computer tech (http://www.rusnakweb.com). I'm hoping to leave the computer repair business though and focus more on software development, since I seem to be good at it. :)

I'm also on summer break now, but I go back to college in two weeks, so then I'll be online less. That's why I want to get all releases out before I go back. :)

BMR777

lupus6x9
08-07-2008, 10:59 AM

I'm also a self employed computer tech (http://www.rusnakweb.com). I'm hoping to leave the computer repair business though and focus more on software development, since I seem to be good at it. :)

I'm also on summer break now, but I go back to college in two weeks, so then I'll be online less. That's why I want to get all releases out before I go back. :)

BMR777

Cool. I can't wait for college! Middle school kind of sucks. :D

Which college are you going to?

BMR777
08-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Right now I'm just going to a community college, but I want to go into somewhere where I can learn about Computer Forensics. That's cool because it focuses on security which is cool, but it's also interesting because you can use your skills to catch bad guys. :)

BMR777

lupus6x9
08-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Right now I'm just going to a community college, but I want to go into somewhere where I can learn about Computer Forensics. That's cool because it focuses on security which is cool, but it's also interesting because you can use your skills to catch bad guys. :)

BMR777

Cool. Then you can use your awesome ninja-hacker skillz to save the world from computer armageddon!

And maybe someone will make a movie starring you. Imagine the plotline: Ubuntu finally wins the war and becomes the mainstream operating system; jealous and vengeful, Microsoft strikes, using the evil power of super-hackers and a ridiculously large sum of money to break into the computers of Ubuntu employees to find their addresses, then starts assassinating them. Ingenius, right? I should make movies. :D