PDA

View Full Version : MySQL is being a pain! [Fixed<3]

Rozel
06-27-2010, 10:29 AM
I did everything the readme file said, but alas, I've gotten an error through installation. 'Error connecting to MySQL' The reason is that I'm not quite sure what to fill out for it.

1st. Database host, now I'm assuming I put my web host sense that's where I made my database?... Freehostia.com is what I typed in.

2nd. Database user. It didn't ask me for a user of any sort when I made it. Just the database name, and then a password. So I'm kind of lost there.

3rd is the password, but it's pretty easy to figure out. So I just put in the PW it asked me for.

4th I put in the name it asked me when I made it. Just the last part, like 'name' instead of name_name. Is that okay?

5th I put my domain which was basically skrie.freehostia.com

6th was my path, /adoptables

7th... Then the database root was adopts_

Did I do it right? Where do I find a username? Thanks~

Seapyramid
06-28-2010, 12:56 AM
DB host, username & password you must get from your host server... normally found in CPanel if you have it.

Rozel
06-28-2010, 04:47 PM
It does kind of show it, but very un clearly and when I fill out what I think it means and I think it's very right, it won't work. Maybe I have to find another host? Dx; Would you recommend anything free, no ads, and decent enough? XD I don't really intend on getting a huge site with 10,000 people though, maybe just a small community anyways. :3

MirandaLK
07-28-2010, 01:26 PM
how was this fixed? because I have a problem with this also o.o

PokePets
07-29-2010, 03:07 AM
MirandaLK, what's your host?

MirandaLK
07-29-2010, 05:52 AM
GoDaddy