PDA

View Full Version : "Gas" prices

Ajof
08-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Well i've heard a few of you Americans complaining about the price of gas over there. Well heres something to make you feel better if you didn't already know...

Over hear in england atm it works out at £4.16 a gallon at its CHEAPEST.

Thats about $8.30 a gallon for petrol (Gas).

This is why i'm debating about whether or not I get a car in the next few months!

aussie02
08-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Damn and i though australia was bad at $2.13

BMR777
08-29-2008, 06:14 PM
I filled up this week and it was about $3.95 USD / Gallon. I'm about 100 miles away from Chicago. :)

Gas prices in England are high! Wow!

BMR777

powerchaos
08-29-2008, 06:19 PM
lol i dont know what a gallon is but this are my prices

1 gallon = 3,78541178 liter

the price is per liter

diesel (cheapest 1 ) 1 = 1.3€
euro 95 (second cheapest) 1 = 1.5€
super 98 (expensivest) 1 = 1.6€

if you count it to dollar then you just need to do it X 1.5 and you know the us dollar price (or 1€ = 1.5$ )

if you want to have it in £ then you need to do it x 0.75 (or 1£ = 1.5€ )

the prices are not accurate , they are just to show the difference of the value of the money

Greets From The Crasher

OceanLove
08-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Try not to get a car and best suit if you get public transport. With a car, you got to pay a ridicules bill for their petrol, unless you are very rich. Public transport saves the environment =D

powerchaos
08-30-2008, 08:22 AM
eu , i like to correct you a little , oceanlove

i pay 1.5 € for a single ticked to get a ride whit the public cars (bus)

whit the train i pay atleast 2€ for 1 station (5 km )

so , for short distance is it expensiver then whit your own car ( you pay 1.5 to go to the train station , then 2 for the next station whit the train and then count it to go back again ( so everything X2 ) instead that the fuel is cheaper then in that way (exept whit the car tax and so on ... )

Greets From The Crasher

Ajof
08-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Well see public transport doesn't let me take my kayak :P England is so expensive cos we pay what you pay and then the rest is ALL tax!

lupus6x9
08-30-2008, 06:14 PM

so , for short distance is it expensiver then whit your own car ( you pay 1.5 to go to the train station , then 2 for the next station whit the train and then count it to go back again ( so everything X2 ) instead that the fuel is cheaper then in that way (exept whit the car tax and so on ... )

Greets From The Crasher

How do you not know what a gallon is? Did you fail math class?

Maybe they don't teach customary units in school in other countries, but we were taught the metric system in America. Now that I think of it, though, that's probably only because the rest of the world (and chemistry class) uses metric, besides us... :(

@Ajof: Just ask them to tie it on the roof! :P

powerchaos
08-30-2008, 08:53 PM
hehe , whe dont use that galon system :)

same as the mile system ( 1.2 km )

the reason why ?? becouse whe dont need that system to work on our country
so why shal whe learn it if whe never need to use it ^^

it depends on what grade you do on scool , if you follow the first grade then you learn a lot (hard scool ) or if you follow the lowest grade then you learn just how to survive whit the basic stuff ( no , i dint follow that grade , i followed every grade , but thats to hard to explain to be honnest :S)

so that was it :)

Greets From The Crasher

lupus6x9
08-30-2008, 09:50 PM
hehe , whe dont use that galon system :)

same as the mile system ( 1.2 km )

the reason why ?? becouse whe dont need that system to work on our country
so why shal whe learn it if whe never need to use it ^^

it depends on what grade you do on scool , if you follow the first grade then you learn a lot (hard scool ) or if you follow the lowest grade then you learn just how to survive whit the basic stuff ( no , i dint follow that grade , i followed every grade , but thats to hard to explain to be honnest :S)

so that was it :)

Greets From The Crasher

...? Where are you?

In my state, you have twelve years of school, and you can't drop out until you turn eighteen, which means that you would have to fail at least two years of grade school.

I don't think I ever made any choices on whether or not to go on after first grade... ???

OceanLove
08-30-2008, 10:00 PM

Greets From The Crasher
I'm from Singapore, public transport here are real cheap!

steevestell
12-22-2009, 05:59 AM
Hello Friends,'
I read your entire post it is too good well Currently I used the Toyota Car and I filled up this week and it was about $3.95 USD / Gallon. I'm about 100 miles away from Chicago. Smile
Gas prices in England are too high.