PDA

View Full Version : More Randoms

theflyingkitty
09-20-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm wanting to up the number of randoms.

As such, with a three stage/level pet, there would be a chance of, say 5 different adult forms. Maybe a few stage 2 forms.

ALSO, quick question.
If they roll that 1 in 100 pet, and get a special level 2, will it be the special level 3 as well?

Fitzgerald
09-21-2010, 01:45 AM
after clearing icc10 last night I was able to buy my chest and glove tier pieces. the rest of the badge gear looks mediocre at best so I can stop running daily on my lock at least.. though I'll probably queue for pos every now and then for the trinket. It feels good being able to free up an extra 30mins each day..by (stiki)

fadillzzz
09-21-2010, 03:17 AM
I'm wanting to up the number of randoms.

As such, with a three stage/level pet, there would be a chance of, say 5 different adult forms. Maybe a few stage 2 forms.

ALSO, quick question.
If they roll that 1 in 100 pet, and get a special level 2, will it be the special level 3 as well?

-If by that you mean 5 alternate images, I don't think anyone can help you a lot here...

-Yes

Hall of Famer
09-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Well its not completely impossible to add more alternative images. Simply create more sql entries for your adoptable.sql table and add alternative scripts to the function.php file in a similar manner as how the existing alternative script is implemented. Chances are even users without advanced PHP skill can do that.

HIddenPanda
09-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Well its not completely impossible to add more alternative images. Simply create more sql entries for your adoptable.sql table and add alternative scripts to the function.php file in a similar manner as how the existing alternative script is implemented. Chances are even users without advanced PHP skill can do that.

It DEFINITELY is not near impossible...

It's not very hard...

You just have to find someone who will take their time to re/code alot of the adopts/levelup/functions pages and edit multiple parts of the SQL database...

I'd do it... but I don't have a way for you to pay me...

I did something similar but i completely remodeled the entire promocodes system/along with the adoptable conditions which took me like 2 weeks if you minus out the procrastination and add the fact that i only worked like an hour a day on it

fadillzzz
09-22-2010, 03:44 AM

Yes, I know it's not really that hard, but what I'm trying to say was that I don't think anyone here would bother creating a simple step-by-step guide to do it

Hall of Famer
09-22-2010, 11:17 AM

Yes, I know it's not really that hard, but what I'm trying to say was that I don't think anyone here would bother creating a simple step-by-step guide to do it

Yeah, I have to agree with you, especially if you understand that Brandon Rusnak has completely forgotten about the existence of this place.

theflyingkitty
09-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Would love it if someone else would come along and write a script with a better user interface and such. It's annoying to have to go into SQL to change alot of the options that should just be in the UI.

If it was a matter of creating more SQL lines in the database and copying and pasting and/or editing some #'s in a bit of code I could prob do it. However, still not liking the concept that MySQL is the scripts main UI.

fadillzzz
09-23-2010, 09:37 AM

Yeah, I have to agree with you, especially if you understand that Brandon Rusnak has completely forgotten about the existence of this place.

Yeah, he seems to just abandoned this place without saying anything...
what a shame :(

Hall of Famer
09-23-2010, 10:35 AM

Well actually I wouldnt really care if I hadnt spent that $20 on donation to this Rusnakweb.com's development. I dont mind spending money, but I'd rather pay $200 for something useful rather than $20 worth of trash.

Also dont even get me started on it, Brandon has plenty of time to spend on myadopts.com but no time on this place at all? Come on, dont make me laugh?

fadillzzz
09-24-2010, 05:10 AM

Well actually I wouldnt really care if I hadnt spent that $20 on donation to this Rusnakweb.com's development. I dont mind spending money, but I'd rather pay $200 for something useful rather than $20 worth of trash.

Also dont even get me started on it, Brandon has plenty of time to spend on myadopts.com but no time on this place at all? Come on, dont make me laugh?

LOL, true...
I was actually disappointed when I finally got into the premium members forum and I found that there's nothing in there...
But I guess we can't really do anything about it now

Hall of Famer
09-24-2010, 05:14 AM
lol yeah...

We will just have to think about the bright side. We only paid like $10-20 bucks for this useless premium membership, it is after all not that big of a loss. Still, what we receive from this premium membership aint even worth 1 penny.

Kaeliah
09-29-2010, 11:42 AM
it's too bad Brandon is no longer interested in this part of his project as if he was I think it would be a lot more successful.

Snder.nl
11-02-2010, 10:35 AM
@Fitzgerald

WTF, whats that ICC10 about?
Some dude wants more Randoms and u start about WoW? :P