PDA

View Full Version : Installing the MAS

ChibiMaestro
01-16-2011, 06:51 AM
("MAS" short for Mysidia Adoptables Script)

So, some users find installing the MAS quite difficult, and at first, I had no clue, but I spent 3 days to explore and figure things out (I have no idea on coding so that's why I spent ages).

Because I'm that kind :D I'm going to help you install MAS so you won't have to waste your time, this tutorial is aimed directly for 000WebHost (http://www.000webhost.com/). So if you are installing MAS to a different site host, there may be some different steps to this, so just adapt it to your host.

1. Download the MAS
Check the announcements, and click the latest thread on the script, and download the ZIP file.

2. Unzip it
Right click on the file and click "Extract All".

3. Login to 000WebHost
Register if you haven't already.

4. Create a site
If you haven't already of course.

5. Go to the Control Panel of the site
Go to "List Accounts" and click on "Go to CPanel".

6. Access the MySQL section
Click the image: http://members.000webhost.com/images/4_3.gif

7. Create a new database and user
These details could be anything you like. When you click "Create Database", KEEP THE PAGE UP, don't go to a different page, keep it up!

8. Download File Zilla
Download File Zilla (http://filezilla-project.org/) because the 000WebHost uploader is dodgy and misses files when you select them.

9. Install and open File Zilla
Once you have opened File Zilla, at the top there is a form which says "Host", "Username", "Password" and "Port".

10. Go back to the tab/window that you have your MySQL Database details on
Fill the form in with those details, ignore the "Port" field and click "Quickconnect".

11. Once connected
You will see a box on the left side, open the MAS unzipped file up, and enter the "adoptables" folder. Select ALL files INSIDE the "adoptables" folder and double click into "Public_html" on the other box at the right. And then DRAG the selected files from the left box to the right box.

12. Go back to 000WebHost CPanel
And click on "File Manager": http://members.000webhost.com/images/3_2.gif

13. Click on "Public_html"
You will find all the files transferred (if your transfer has finished, check File Zilla application). Find "default.php" and DELETE it.

14. Click on "inc"
Check the box next to "config.php", and click the CHMOD button, type in "777" and click the green tick. You have just changed the permissions to config.php.

15. Click the blue back arrow
And then click "Up" and click on "picuploads".

16. Check the boxes next to "gif", "jpg" and "png"
And CHMOD them to 777.

17. Click the blue back arrow
Click "Up", and then click on "inc".

18. Open a new tab/window
And type in this:
http://yoursite.something.com/install/index.php Change "http://yoursite.something.com/" to your site's address. And click enter.

19. Follow the steps
When it says you have successfully installed it, go back to the File Manager and check the box next to "config.php", CHMOD it to 644. And then click the back arrow, "Up" and check the box next to "install"... DELETE the folder.
-----------------------------------------------
Okay, time for x10hosting (http://x10hosting.com/) tutorial :3

1. Download the MAS script
View the announcements and find the latest version and download the ZIP version.

2. Log in to x10hosting
Or register for an account if you need to- note that setting up a new account may take a while.

3. Access the file manager
Click: Hosting>Login to CPanel>http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5966/x10filemanager.png

4. Upload the ZIP file
Click: http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6925/x10upload.gif and select the ZIP Mysidia Adoptables Script file (don't extract yet) and click upload.

5. Extract the ZIP file
Go back to the file manager, and select the ZIP file, and click http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5539/x10extract.gif and click "Extract File(s)"

6. Delete the ZIP file
Once you have extracted the ZIP file, delete the ZIP file as you don't need it any more. To do this, select the ZIP file and click the http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6946/x10delete.gif.

7. Move the files & delete unnecessary files
[i]Double click on "Mys version 1.2.0" (or whatever version you may have), double click on "mys120" (as again, the name may be different), and select ALL of the files by clicking on the http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2370/x10selectall.gifSelect All. And then click on http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2580/x10move.gif and where it says to type the path to where you want to move the files to, type in "/public_html" and then delete the "Mys version 1.2.0" file.

8. Access the folder "inc"
Access the folder "inc" and select "config.php", then click the "change permissions" button, and then make it so the numbers says "777". And click "Change Permissions".

9. Go back to "public_html" by clicking "up one level"
Access "picuploads".

10. Select "gif", "jpg" and "png"
And change their permissions to 777.

11. Open a new tab/window
And type in this:
http://yoursite.something.com/install/index.php Change "http://yoursite.something.com/" to your site's address. And click enter.

12. Follow the steps
When it says you have successfully installed it, go back to the File Manager and select the file "config.php", change the permissions to 644. And then click on "up one level", and select the FOLDER "install"... DELETE the folder.

You have successfully installed the MAS :happycbig: Any problems, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread.

Hall of Famer
01-16-2011, 06:59 AM
Thanks for posting this, Chibi. *is stickied*

ChibiMaestro
01-16-2011, 07:02 AM
Yay thanks :D

And image tutorial will come soon, (improved version than MA one).

Hall of Famer
01-16-2011, 08:23 AM
You are very welcome, my pleasure.

Thats so good to know, hope to see your image tutorials soon.

Hall of Famer

The Codfin Keeper
01-21-2011, 11:31 AM
I try to go to the yoursite.something.com with my site's details filled in, but it leads me here: http://error404.000webhost.com/?

I did all the steps...

Hall of Famer
01-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Did you specify the correct database server? It is not localhost in 000webhost.com

The Codfin Keeper
01-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Yes, I have it that way, and I'm at installation. Just found the problem - the files needed were in a seperate folder, not public_html. It's fine now :)

Hall of Famer
01-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Alright, glad it works for you. I will see if I can get hypercam so that video tutorials can be made in future, possibly after Mys v1.2.0 is out.

ChibiMaestro
01-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Glad you sorted it out TCK :)

I'll make one maybe this or next week :)
I have homework to do in the weekends, so I might either do it today, or starting from Monday: the week :)

The Codfin Keeper
01-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Okay, another question.

I've finished all the steps in the tut, but when I visit my site, I get this:

------------------------------
PHP Error Message

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/a3060923/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 187

Free Web Hosting

PHP Error Message

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/a3060923/public_html/index.php on line 81

Free Web Hosting
----------------
What does it mean?

Hall of Famer
01-21-2011, 12:04 PM
It means that you must have specified incorrect database information. It can be either with your database server, username, or even table prefix.

The Codfin Keeper
01-21-2011, 12:06 PM
How would I go ahead fixing that?

Hall of Famer
01-21-2011, 12:07 PM
what is the table prefix of your database? Also the script path may be a problem too. What is the name of the folder that contains Mysidia Adoptables on your site? Show me a screenshot of what values you entered for this database setup page so that we can assist you further.

The Codfin Keeper
01-21-2011, 12:10 PM
The table prefix is adopt_ or whatever the default was, the script path was /public_html, which holds all the mysidia stuff. I don't have a screenshot of what I entered, though.

ChibiMaestro
01-21-2011, 12:39 PM
o.O Means you didn't install it correctly... o.O
I can't give a detailed answer... because Idk on PHP o.O:hmmm:

The Codfin Keeper
01-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Looking at it further, it seems that file_get_contents in index.php doesn't exist in functions...o.O

The database stuff is correct too.

ChibiMaestro
01-21-2011, 12:47 PM
GAH... I put my tab up for too long xD

Anyway, I didn't put "/public_html" in it... I left it blank... could that be the problem?

The Codfin Keeper
01-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Okay, I'll try that...

EDIT: No change.

Kaeliah
01-21-2011, 01:00 PM
You should post these problems in their own thread in the questions and support section but basically the error your getting is because your database isn't responding properly. For some reason it cannot find the table links. Maybe double check it's name properly in your PhpMyAdmin?

ChibiMaestro
01-21-2011, 01:14 PM
I've done Part 1 of the video tutorial... but File Zilla has "connection timeout" so I'm going to complete the tutorial tomorrow :)

I'm currently uploading part 1 :)

Hall of Famer
01-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Can you upload video tutorials to youtube or poketube?

www.youtube.com
www.pokemonmysidia.org

ChibiMaestro
01-21-2011, 02:18 PM
I'll upload it to youtube xD

I actually decided not to upload it yet... xD

Rozel
01-28-2011, 08:21 PM
I get this when I look at my website :c

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/a6982772/public_html/enter/inc/functions.php on line 210

Free Web Hosting

PHP Error Message

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/a6982772/public_html/enter/index.php on line 81

Free Web Hosting

Sasoragon
02-05-2011, 07:17 AM
I keep getting stuck at the activation part. :ohnoes:

For some reason, my account never gets activated, so I can't download anything? Is there a way to fix this? :ColonEE:

Kaeliah
02-05-2011, 12:13 PM
What account...? You mean where you download the script? You shouldn't need an account for that.

HIddenPanda
02-05-2011, 02:36 PM
If you already have FileZilla Open, why not just chmod through that? ... Just wondering

Hall of Famer
02-05-2011, 02:44 PM
I think she's having problem setting up 000webhost account? Or I could be wrong.

ChibiMaestro
02-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Sasa told me on the MA shoutbox that her account hadn't been activated yet (000webhost) so she sent a support ticket, which gave a reply to wait 24 hours D:

I personally think x10 hosting is better than 000webhost though, so I told her to try it.

HIddenPanda
02-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Sasa told me on the MA shoutbox that her account hadn't been activated yet (000webhost) so she sent a support ticket, which gave a reply to wait 24 hours D:

I personally think x10 hosting is better than 000webhost though, so I told her to try it.

I've been using 000webhost for a long time, and I would just like to say, I have never had to wait for my account to be activated (aside from email conformation, which is usually instant) ...

Sasoragon
02-05-2011, 06:51 PM
I tried 10xhosting, but I don't think I can use it. When I tried to sign up, it gave me this message:
"Due to continued abuse from your country of origin we have currently disabled signups. Please try back at a later date."

:eye:

Well, after 36 long hours of waiting, it seems that my account was finally confirmed, after I sent a ticket. :smile:

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized that there were more posts before mine. I was talking about the 000webhost account. :3

ChibiMaestro
02-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Abuse from your country of origin??? o.O Silly x10hosting D:

Anyway, glad you got it activated.... and remember to not use the flash uploader because it is GLITCHY: even if you select all the files to upload, it'll still miss some files out! (I did that before, and I had to check through every single folder to find which was missing D: )

Sasoragon
02-07-2011, 05:40 AM
Gah, more trouble. :mii:

For the File Zilla thing, should you download the client one or the server one? I downloaded the client one..

It can't seem to connect to the server for some reason, though. What am I supposed to put in where it says "port"? :desudesudesu:

Kaeliah
02-07-2011, 09:21 AM
You want the client one Saso. And I don't believe you need to put anything into port unless your connecting to a non-default one. i'm not sure. :hmmm:

ChibiMaestro
02-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Sasa, you don't put anything in the port. And sometimes you can't connect because 000Webhost lags >.>

RoconzaArt
02-07-2011, 03:22 PM
If you go to "ViewFTP details" it should tell you every thing you need to put in to get the FTP connected.

RoconzaArt
02-07-2011, 03:23 PM
If you go to "ViewFTP details" it should tell you every thing you need to put in to get the FTP connected.

Cerelia
02-07-2011, 08:07 PM
So, do you have a tutorial on how to edit that php code? xD
Kinda helpful, except I had to use some other host, so only halfway helpful.

RoconzaArt
02-07-2011, 08:44 PM
What do you mean? Which code?

ChibiMaestro
02-08-2011, 10:36 AM
So, do you have a tutorial on how to edit that php code? xD
I don't understand... could you be more specific by saying which file?

Kinda helpful, except I had to use some other host, so only halfway helpful.
Well, it is written directly for 000WebHost :meow:

LucifersFallenAngel
02-08-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm confused on the "create database" thing.. I jsut made my account with the 000webhoster, went to control panel and clicked on the icon with the dolphin (mySQL). It comes up with "manage my SQL databases" and it has a table with :

Create new database or server

MySQL database name: a1284036_ [ ]
MySQL user name: a1284036_ [ ]
Password for MySQL user: [ ]
Enter password again: [ ]

what do I put on thefirst two boxes? the name of my site and my username for the 000webhoster? or what..?

Cerelia
02-09-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't understand... could you be more specific by saying which file?

Not sure how to edit any of them, :cfrown:

ChibiMaestro
02-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Login to 000WebHost
Login to File Manager
Go into 'public_html'
Click 'edit' next to the file you want to edit :3

Hall of Famer
02-10-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm confused on the "create database" thing.. I jsut made my account with the 000webhoster, went to control panel and clicked on the icon with the dolphin (mySQL). It comes up with "manage my SQL databases" and it has a table with :

what do I put on thefirst two boxes? the name of my site and my username for the 000webhoster? or what..?

Well these have nothing to do with your site's name or 000webhost's username. It asks you to create a database, and then a user to that database. These are the info you need for installing this script.

Hall of Famer

Cerelia
02-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Login to 000WebHost
Login to File Manager
Go into 'public_html'
Click 'edit' next to the file you want to edit :3

No, like, edit the php code that way instead of saying, for example,
(Warning LONG EXAMPLE)
when deleting an adoptable, instead of the message asking if you really want to delete it, it'll ask if you really want to release it in the wild, giving an impression that they aren't really deleted.
I know, I'm confusing :coloness:

Hall of Famer
02-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Oh? Interesting. I remember the delete pets option has been disabled in Mysidia Adoptables?

Anyway, check out the script file called lang.php, it is where most article contents are stored.

LucifersFallenAngel
02-10-2011, 04:11 PM
so..wat do I put in the boxes?

Hall of Famer
02-10-2011, 04:12 PM
You can put in anything you want. ^^

LucifersFallenAngel
02-10-2011, 04:28 PM
ok i got it. thank you Famer =3 (yay i didnt say Farmer x3)

ok now when I try to quickconnect with FileZilla, it keeps saying I cant :/. Does having Dail-Up interfere with this since the internet is so slow? :/

Knyfe
02-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Is there a way to do it without FileZilla?

ChibiMaestro
02-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Yes, if you use Java Uploader on 000WebHost... however it is glitchy and misses files out... so if you do use it, you will need to check through every folder and find any missing files...

If you're going to use x10Hosting, you can upload the ZIP file of the Mys script, and extract it, and then select ALL the files inside the "Installation" folder, and move it out and then delete the folder.

Knyfe
02-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Okay, thanks. FileZilla isn't really working for me :3

1nkwolf29
02-24-2011, 10:27 PM
when i go to step 10 , i do it and fillezilla say:
''Status: Connecting to 10.50.0.91:21...
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server''

What am i doing wrong?I put in all the database info correctly , and try new databases and using those, its just not working! :catfish: :angrybracket:

RoconzaArt
02-24-2011, 11:17 PM
what host are you using?

Hall of Famer
02-25-2011, 12:36 AM
umm there are times that you cannot connect to 000webhost, it happens. Try again after a few minutes and see if nothing changes, we will see what we can do to help you.

Hall of Famer

1nkwolf29
02-25-2011, 10:59 AM
ok ill try again.Im using 000webhost.Also i can't find the 'adoptables' folder!Im using the newer version (v. 1.1.3) how do i add the upgrade? , its in a seperate folder.

Hall of Famer
02-25-2011, 11:12 AM
umm what do you mean by you cannot find the adoptables folder? You need to upload the installation folder if you never ran an adoptables site before.

1nkwolf29
02-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Ok C: Also i still cant get firezilla to connect.

RoconzaArt
02-25-2011, 02:51 PM
did you make sure to add the right FTP info?

http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1900

leave port empty

LucifersFallenAngel
02-25-2011, 07:27 PM
I think I messed up when I was transferring files on FileZilla. Where it says to drag the left box files into the right box into public html I was looking at the wrong box and my hand slipped and the next thing i know abunch of files from the adoptables folder are transferring...I'm afraid I missed some though..and a box keeps popping up asking if I want to overwrite "already existing target files"..i clicked yes..did I just screw myself over?

/shot

edit: I think i've figured out ^ that. but now I have a problem with "installing Rusnak PHP Adoptables" thing..it keeps coming up with an error that says it cant connect with that MyLSQ database..what am I doing wrong?

1nkwolf29
02-27-2011, 05:14 PM
yes i did and i even tried a difrent host and it worked fine , i guess ill just have to use that one.But this host's file maneger is down D: :colonu: Nevermind i got it to work and did all the steps but it leads me to http://error404.000webhost.com/? i saw on the first page that somewon fixed that but i dont kno what they mean.Help?

shiann
03-23-2011, 06:29 PM
I don't understand anything about FileZilla... o_o

shiann
03-27-2011, 04:25 PM
Do you add in the information that's in the page you're not supposed to close, or your login info for Webhost? I'm about to give up. >>

EDIT nevermind. Facepalm. I figured it out. >>

EDIT: UGH!! I followed all the directions and, well, this is what I got. http://divinemists.site90.com/ So, anyone know what I did wrong..?

Hall of Famer
03-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Well Shiann you are only supposed to upload the folder Installation to your server, if you are building a new site. What you can do is to rename the folder installation to anything you want afterwards.

shiann
03-27-2011, 05:55 PM
I renamed it, but still the same thing... ._.

Hall of Famer
03-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Well nope, thats not what I mean Shiann. You are supposed to only upload the folder mys121/Installation, not the entire mys121 folder. I advise you to delete the folder mys121 and reupload all your script files. ^^

shiann
03-27-2011, 06:59 PM
So, when I upload them, I click mys121 (what I have it under) Upgrade, and all the stuff there...? I'm confused... o_o This is kinda over my head.

EDIT: There's no 'adoptables' folder... o_o

Solistia
03-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Only upload the files inside the "Install" folder.

Once you do that go to yoursite.com/install
There you will be prompted for information to setup your site.

shiann
03-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Install, or Installation? Install just has three scripts... o_o

Solistia
03-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Installation (I couldn't remember the exact title, not at my home computer).
The not upgrade one XD

shiann
03-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Alright, thank you!! ^_^

Solistia
03-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Good Luck!

shiann
03-27-2011, 07:55 PM
It's still not wroking... ;_;

Solistia
03-27-2011, 08:07 PM
It's because you uploaded the installation folder itself, not just the files inside the folder. You need to "cut" the files inside the Installation folder on your website, and "paste" into your main folder.

Alternatively, you can rename the folder "Installation" to whatever your adoptable site will be named.

After that add "/install" to your site url, and it will take you to the install setup

shiann
03-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Oh. *Facepalm* Sorry for being a pain.. o_o Thanks!

Hall of Famer
03-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Well still having problem installing the script? Maybe I should have just made two different download files for installation pack and upgrade back, I will definitely consider next time. I may make a video tutorials on how to install the script if I have time.

ChibiMaestro
03-28-2011, 10:48 AM
New Tutorial Up

Just added a tutorial for x10hosting :3

shiann
03-28-2011, 04:50 PM
It worked perfectly, thanks!

However now, I'm not sure what to do here *pokes picture*. Is it the stuff Chibi said not to close out of? and what are the last two things? Wow, I feel unintelligant. >> I don't like being incapable of doing something. ._.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2guw9kk.jpg

Hall of Famer
03-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Alright lemme explain it to you then Shiann.

Script path is the directory in which Mys is installed on your server. If you use your root directory/public html, leave it blank. Otherwise change it to the name of your subdirectory. A good example is Mys v1.2.1's demo site:

http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/mys121

The domain name is mysidiaadoptables.com, while the highlighted part is script path.

The table prefix is quite easy to understand, if you see your database tables all have the first several letters to begin with, this is your table prefix. Table prefix is usually followed by the underscore symbol. A good example is adopts_adoptables, adopts_owned_adoptables, adopts_users. The table prefix here is apparently adopts_. Keep in mind that you can name your table prefix to anything you like, and there's no need to change its value at all.

ChibiMaestro
03-29-2011, 10:29 AM
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/416/mys.png

:smile:

shiann
03-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Yay, thanks all. :D I appreciate the help!!

Ruinily
03-30-2011, 03:17 PM
I get this when I look at my website :c

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/a6982772/public_html/enter/inc/functions.php on line 210

Free Web Hosting

PHP Error Message

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/a6982772/public_html/enter/index.php on line 81

Free Web Hosting

I get this too, its on x10 hosting and I did everything Chibi pointed out, so I dont know whats wrong. :( I really want to get going on my site, so I'd love some help getting to the bottom of this problem. From the text I'm guessing its something wrong with the location of where the software is looking? I have screen shots too, just to make it more confusing. :3

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x320/lunasif/fail1.jpg

And proof the file it claims doesnt exist does!
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x320/lunasif/fail2.jpg

Hall of Famer
03-30-2011, 04:57 PM
umm this looks strange, are you sure you installed Mys to the correct directory as you uploaded to your server? It seems rather weird to me that you have both installation and upgrade folders, you only need to upload everything within the installation folder through ftp. The upgrade folder is useless to you unless you are previous running Mys v1.2.0.

Ruinily
03-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Well its all in the public_html folder like the guide said, and yes I was noobish at first and uploaded the whole thing, then pulled the files out of the folders and put them in the right place. -.-' The upgrade folder was left over, its not causing a problem is it? I can easily delete it anyway. Or should I just upload the files by themselves? I dont think that'd make a difference, but obviously I dont know much about this stuff, I'm here to learn. :)

Hall of Famer
03-30-2011, 05:32 PM
I see, looks like it is not the cause of your problem then. There are three other possible causes of your problem:

1. Your SQL database did not exist from cpanel/phpmyadmin.
2. Your SQL database info was not entered correctly upon installation.
3. Your site configuration(such as domain name, script path) were incorrect.

Ruinily
03-30-2011, 05:52 PM
:D Yay!! Its working, I think. Thats awesome, thanks! I did mess up with the database info. ^_^' Sorry about that, but thanks again for the help!

Hall of Famer
03-30-2011, 05:59 PM
You are very welcome, glad it worked out for you. Its rather hard to help with users who failed to enter the correct database info though, since it is not appropriate for me or other members here to ask you too much detail about these. Anyway, have fun with Mys. ^^

Noobz
05-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Hello, i have got a problem, x10hosting, with the installation:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'UNKNOWN_USER'@'10.33.248.78' (using password: NO) in /home/noobz/public_html/Installation/inc/functions.php on line 76
Error connecting to MySQL

ChibiMaestro
05-10-2011, 10:01 AM
You haven't even placed a password or a username. Edit your config.php file with the details.

Noobz
05-10-2011, 02:26 PM
How do i change my password in x10hosting?

Noobz
05-10-2011, 02:55 PM
how do i change the password? Plz help me, sorry, I'm new

Hall of Famer
05-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Please do not double post, thank you.

Simply click on the forget password link and it will send a confirmation message to your email account.

Rosie-Girl-12-
07-08-2011, 05:53 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/35i67oh.jpg

I'm getting this problem when I am entering in my username/password & then clicking 'Quickconnect'. I'm using Filezilla, like Chibi suggested. Why is this happening?

Draga
07-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Help? ;__;"
I'm such a hopeless n00b.. D: ~

When I try to install the mysidia script in the "Mysidia Adoptables v1.2.2 Installation Wizard", the result is: 2PHP Error Message

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'Dragonera'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/a3336560/public_html/install/install_func.php on line 32

Free Web Hosting
Error connecting to MySQL" =_____=""

What can I do? D:<
I use 000WebHost btw, because x10hosting hates me and Germany! >w< (Due to continued abuse from your country of origin we have currently disabled signups. Please try back at a later date.)

Nemesis
07-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Pm me I can handle this. See my response in this thread http://mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2254 I can do the same for you and help you too Draga.

Midelaye
08-05-2011, 08:26 AM
When I try continue installation, I get this error message.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'Midelaye'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/midelaye/public_html/install/install_func.php on line 32
Error connecting to MySQL

I'm using x10Hosting.

EDIT// NVM again. Everytime I post my issue, I figure out the solution right after. XD

EDIT 2// Stuck AGAIN! Can anyone help me with this? :catfish:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/midelaye/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 814

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/midelaye/public_html/inc/functions.php:814) in /home/midelaye/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 21

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/midelaye/public_html/inc/functions.php:814) in /home/midelaye/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 21

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/midelaye/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 37

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/midelaye/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 825

Warning: mysql_numrows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/midelaye/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 200

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/midelaye/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 268

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/midelaye/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 270

Warning: file_get_contents(templates//template.html) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/midelaye/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 848

Tequila
08-05-2011, 04:10 PM
000WebHost has specific names for their MySQL dumps (and does not allow sites of the MyAdopts nature). You may want to look for a different host. :3

Nemesis
08-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Nyxi is right, browse around the forums you might find another host ;)

Rozel
08-10-2011, 06:46 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/35i67oh.jpg

I'm getting this problem when I am entering in my username/password & then clicking 'Quickconnect'. I'm using Filezilla, like Chibi suggested. Why is this happening?

I'm getting this same issue, but it works for another webhost. I'm trying to transfer my files. Not working out :P Can anyone give me why?

ChibiMaestro
08-11-2011, 06:04 AM
You shouldn't use 000webhost D:

They don't allow adoptable/gaming scripts to be hosted there.

Try using x10hosting or Nemesis' hosting.

Draggy Ave
08-14-2011, 04:13 PM
I have the same problem. :catfish:

Nemesis
08-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Try my simple three step method to get your site up and running.

1. sign up at http://99webs.info/gemstonehosting/ (order)

2. pm me your email and site name

3. Enjoy using your adopt site add pictures and get members :)

Jadiel
09-10-2011, 03:54 AM
I have the following error

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'a7684414'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/a7684414/public_html/Installation/inc/functions.php on line 76

thanks in advance ^^

ChibiMaestro
09-10-2011, 06:25 AM
"using password: NO"

That means you didn't enter the password for the user. Go to the File Manager, in inc/config.php, edit it and add the password.

dorugreymon
09-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 814

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php:814) in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 21

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php:814) in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 21

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 37

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 825

Warning: mysql_numrows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 200

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 268

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 270

Warning: file_get_contents(templates//template.html) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 848
What does this mean? Can Anyone help me out

dorugreymon
09-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Why is no one online? Sorry for double posting but i mean seriously i need someone to help me.

Nemesis
09-19-2011, 09:13 PM
pm received will be taken care of.

dorugreymon
09-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Ok thank you finally someone answers me :happycbig:

EDIT:Can anyone tell me what error this is?

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 1622

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php:1622) in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 41

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php:1622) in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 41

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 61

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 65

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/digi/public_html/adminencrypt.php on line 12

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 423

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 559

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 563

Warning: file_get_contents(templates//template.html) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/digi/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 1690

KaceKuma
09-25-2011, 09:54 PM
http://yoursite.something.com/install/index.php

I cant go to the above.... I just get a 404 error telling me it doesn't exist.... help?

Edit: Hah! I have figured it out.....so ignore the above question please....

Poppymoon
10-09-2011, 10:39 AM
I am pretty sure I did everything to install MAS on my X10hosting site but nothing has happened.
http://purrz.x10.mx/
I think it might have to do with step 11, when I entered my sites name ,purrz.x10.mx, so that it was http://purrz.x10.mx/install/index.php It din't worm and sent me here:http://x10powered.com/errors/404.shtml

Hall of Famer
10-09-2011, 12:44 PM
umm did you upload Mys successfully to your site through ftp? If you cannot even access the install.php page, chances are you failed to use ftp correctly.

Poppymoon
10-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I uploaded it correctly(I think...), then I moved all of the files I was told to and changed their permissions. If I hadn't uploded it correctly wouldn't the files not have shown....?:littlecfrown:

Hall of Famer
10-09-2011, 04:38 PM
I believe you have not uploaded the files successfully, or that you actually uploaded them to a different directory/folder that you aint noticed. This is what happens if you cannot even access the installer script.

Aur
10-10-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm getting confused installing the script :/

ChibiMaestro
10-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Could you explain step by step what you did?

Poppymoon
10-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Here is a screenshot of my public HTML folder, any obvious problems you can point out?
http://i51.tinypic.com/2qs1gyh.jpg

ChibiMaestro
10-12-2011, 02:46 PM
You should ONLY upload the CONTENTS of the "Installation" folder, not including the folder itself.

Hall of Famer
10-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Well it looks to me that she has indeed uploaded the folder installation to her site, but the other folder upgrade is also there together with mys122... Anyway rename the folder installation to whatever your site name is supposed to be, and run installer script.

Poppymoon
10-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Ok, I am now on Step 3: Database and Site Configuration on the installation page and having some trouble, sorry for so many questions but can someone please explain each box?

Chamila
10-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Oh poo. ._. The FileZilla wasn't able to connect to the mysql server-thing. o-o Do any of you think you know what I've done wrong?

budz
11-09-2011, 02:54 AM
I'm setting mine up on hosting24.com
I could get it on 000webhost to work, but not this site :/
and I need it to work on hosting24, because of my domain.
this is what I keep getting
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/darkbree/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 1622

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/darkbree/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 61

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/darkbree/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 65

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/darkbree/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 1644

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/darkbree/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 423

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/darkbree/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 559

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/darkbree/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 563

Warning: file_get_contents(templates//template.html) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/darkbree/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 1690

~
can someone help me with this?

budz
11-09-2011, 02:57 AM
Oh poo. ._. The FileZilla wasn't able to connect to the mysql server-thing. o-o Do any of you think you know what I've done wrong?

You have to enter your FTP server details.
To get their go to FTP details in your cPanel

~I'm pretty sure it only works in 000webhost~

~~
Server name > Username/db > password > port (idk if you need to use it speciffically) > quick connect.
~~
Now you should be on :B if you need anything else (is hoping your using 000webhost) just ask.

Gashu
11-12-2011, 08:53 AM
For some reason, I can't find the "adoptables" folder which I'm supposed to open. Where could this be?

superdude44
11-13-2011, 03:35 PM
hello, I cannot connect to filezilla. when i click connect it says Connection attempt failed with "EHOSTUNREACH - No route to host. Is this a bad problem?

-thanks

Hall of Famer
11-13-2011, 04:24 PM
@Gashu: Well the folder is usually not named "adoptables" on your site(it is just a sample folder name, which varies with users), it is referred to the very folder that contains all script files of Mysidia Adoptables.

@Superdude44: This is indeed a very strange problem, chances are your webhost either provided you with wrong login info or the server was experiencing some technical difficulties. Id recommend you to submit a ticket to your host to make sure if the server was working properly.

eleng555
11-17-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm having trouble with step 10. I can't open it in fire zilla! Any ideas? this is what it tells me:
Status: Resolving address of mysql8.000webhost.com Delete MySQL Database and User
Status: Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NODATA - No address associated with nodename".
and what I've got entered: (I'm using 000webhost.com)
host: mysql8.000webhost.com
User:********_data
Pass:***********
I've got my user number it gives me and my set password in the asterisks (stars). What I just user the host as: 000webhost.com, it loads more stuff, but still fails to connect.
here's what it tells me:
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 1 of 50 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 18:40. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Command: USER ********_data
Response: 331 User ********_data OK. Password required
Command: PASS ***********
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server
I starred out my user number, and "data" is the name I gave my database. Creative, huh?

superdude44
11-26-2011, 05:52 PM
the tutorial has one flaw. It says to copy the info from the mysql thing, but it's really from the ftp login. anyways, i found out the error and resolved it. Basically what i stated above. now i'm stuck once again. In my MAS folder i don't have the folder 'adoptables'

SOLVED: I found out it's called installation on later versions.

okmmet
12-12-2011, 03:03 PM
So i followed it and then when i got to the last step it redirected me to this site: http://x10powered.com/errors/404.shtml
I dont know where i messed up! Please help me!!! :cfrown::cfrown::cfrown:

SilverX
01-28-2012, 09:32 AM
I've got a question, about 000Webhoster or whatever it's called, the nameservers, and File Zilla.
1) - How do you change your name server? I can't figure it out, even after reading the FAQ they have. :ooo:

2) File Zilla keeps giving me this error:
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server
I entered my password, username, blah blah, but that always happens. Oh yeah; What's the Host supposed to be? :el: I'm confused beyond hope.
And is my username my E-mail or whatever I filled out as my username for 000WebHost?
Because when I try to log in with my username, It gives me an error message. When I log in with my E-mail, it doesn't.

:colonzero: <-Hopelessly confused, -Silver

Silvercivet
02-08-2012, 03:25 PM
I got to the step where you open a new tab and put in yoursite.something etc and it keeps coming up as this: http://error404.000webhost.com/?

All the steps were done up until this point exactly like the tutorial

Corsair
02-08-2012, 03:29 PM
what's your site's url?

Silvercivet
02-08-2012, 03:32 PM
http://tirnanog.freeiz.com/

Corsair
02-08-2012, 04:08 PM
hmmm seems like you didn't install it right.

Silvercivet
02-08-2012, 04:19 PM
How so? What can I do to change it?

Corsair
02-08-2012, 05:00 PM
try doing it again and make sure to read this istall tutorial and any text in the install page.

First you need to clear your database.

Silvercivet
02-08-2012, 05:06 PM
I accidently deleted Public_html when deleting everything, is there a way to get it back?

Silvercivet
02-08-2012, 06:15 PM
I think I fixed the file delete problem, I went through the steps again but am getting the same issue

herbaceous
02-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Edit edit.

Got to it work.
Thank you <3

SilverX
02-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Okay, I'm using 10xwebhost and I followed all the instructions, but whenever I visit my website I get a 404 error! :ohnoes:

www.silverxstudios.x10.mx/install/index.php

Help?

alice everdeen
08-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Hello! I was wondering if you may do a tutorial for non-click website, hosted on proboards.

Aasixx
08-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Hello! I was wondering if you may do a tutorial for non-click website, hosted on proboards.

These forums are just for the Mysidia Adoptables script.. You may want to check somewhere else for a tutorial like that.

Seasparkle
10-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Hello! I hope... that maybe someone will answer me. I have a question reguarding the last parts of installations.

The form is below... Can someone tell me what goes into the Database name option? It seems so simple but im missing it :(

Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.1 Installation Wizard
Step 3: Database and Site Configuration

This page will set up your config.php file which is responsible for handling database and configuration information for your installation of Mysidia Adoptables.

Database Information:

Database Host:

Database User:

Database Password:

Database Name:

Domain Information:

Domain Name:

You must enter your domain name in the form of yoursite.com ONLY! DO NOT include the http:// or www. portions of the domain.

Script Path:

Your script path tells Mysidia Adoptables where it is installed on the server relative to your domain. If you have uploaded this script to the ROOT of your domain name then leave the Script Path box blank. If you installed this script in a subfolder, such as adoptables, then put the folder name with a slash before it, such as /adoptables in the Script Path box.

Database Table Prefix:

The table prefix determines how the tables in your database are named. In most cases, the adopts_ prefix will do, however if you are running multiple copies of Mysidia Adoptables on the same database, change the table prefix.

Hall of Famer
10-31-2012, 08:32 AM
Well did you create a database, username and password in cpanel? These are preliminary steps that must be completed before installing the script.

Seasparkle
10-31-2012, 12:08 PM
I am using Yahoo's webhosting. So its a bit different. I might switch to web000 since it seems to be the one to work with for this.

Here is my error -

The website cannot display the page
HTTP 500
Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error.

What you can try:
Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

Kamalya
01-21-2013, 10:43 AM
DO NOT use 000web

They will cancel your account and give you no reason as to why, it seems they consider an adoptable site "online gaming" and if you are using a free account then they just flat out get rid of your account.

Wanted to warn any one thinking of using it, I used them after seeing this tutorial and that's what happened to me.

LazyDaisy
02-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Every time I try to do the install wizard, I get this message
Request Timeout

This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.
I am using x10hosting. Please help!

***EDIT*** Ok, I got that fixed, but now it is taking forever to load! I fill out this page http://www.adoptablestest.x10.mx/install/index.php?step=3
then click 'continue installation' and it has been almost two hours and the next page still has not loaded... Please Help!!!

ChibiMaestro
02-11-2013, 01:51 AM
That's weird.
Maybe because the server's busy since many people at that time use it?

Try at a different time again? The site's working perfectly speedy for me :)

LazyDaisy
02-11-2013, 04:41 AM
I think I didn't create a database on x10hosting.com. How do I create one, and how do I put anything in it? Your directions say nothing about this

ChibiMaestro
02-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Sorry about not mentioning it.
You'l find somewhere on the control panel about 'MySQL databases'.
If you have a MySQL database wizard, that's even better.

Create a database (basically give the database a name), and a user (username and password). Add the user to the database with all permissions.

For example, your database could be sitename_adopt
and your user account could be sitename_user
You enter those details along with user account password on the installation forms.

I will make a more clear and updated version of the installation soon :)

Brookreed
03-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Posting this here because I didn't want to make a whole new thread for something easily fixable (or so I hope). ^-^

11. Once connected
You will see a box on the left side, open the MAS unzipped file up, and enter the "adoptables" folder. Select ALL files INSIDE the "adoptables" folder and double click into "Public_html" on the other box at the right. And then DRAG the selected files from the left box to the right box.

So, um, where's this supposed "adoptables" folder? I looked aorund in my script folders, and I couldn't find it. I tried searching all of my files, and it didn't come up. I just downloaded the newest script, so am I missing something or not looking in the right place?

Other than that, this guide has been extremely helpful :)

Hall of Famer
03-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Oh yeah this one actually was for the old Mys v1.1.x installation guide lol, although I do believe Chibi edited it to work with Mys v1.2.x. In the latest script the folder structure is a bit different.

Anyway with the newer script, the folder is simply called 'Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.x' I believe.

Brookreed
03-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Alright, I think I understand. Also, where is this "Public_html" file that I need to open?

Dodgery
03-15-2013, 11:40 AM
At the very beginning of the files, Brook :)

Ghostwriteres
05-17-2013, 03:37 PM
I try to go to the install/index.php on the end of my website and it keeps going to a 404 Not Found error. I followed the directions to the letter, is there somthing I did wrong?

Sorry also using the x10 hosting.

Techwolf77
05-20-2013, 06:01 PM
File Zilla won't connect! Trying to remake my website!

gloryKAT
07-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Strict Standards: Declaration of File::getBasename() should be compatible with SplFileInfo::getBasename($suffix = NULL) in /home/magicval/public_html/classes/class_file.php on line 19

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/magicval/public_html/classes/class_file.php:19) in /home/magicval/public_html/classes/class_session.php on line 13

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/magicval/public_html/classes/class_file.php:19) in /home/magicval/public_html/classes/class_session.php on line 13

This is appearing in the background on my site :littlecfrown:

Hall of Famer
07-23-2013, 02:38 PM
Umm which version of Mysidia Adoptables are you using? If its Mys v1.3.3, try edit the file class_file.php and change 'public function getBasename()' to 'public function getBasename($suffix = NULL)'.

gloryKAT
07-23-2013, 03:54 PM
It's fixed now, thanks.

Hall of Famer
07-23-2013, 11:42 PM
No worries, does this also fix the session warning messages?

Lyrastrae
07-29-2013, 03:44 PM
8. Access the folder "inc"
Access the folder "inc" and select "config.php", then click the "change permissions" button, and then make it so the numbers says "777". And click "Change Permissions".

I'm looking at the "inc" folder, but I do not have a "config.php" file. I have a "config_adopts.php" and a "config_forums.php" though. Should I be changing them?

Tequila
07-29-2013, 04:08 PM
I'm looking at the "inc" folder, but I do not have a "config.php" file. I have a "config_adopts.php" and a "config_forums.php" though. Should I be changing them?
Change "config_adopts.php" to "config.php". The file names were modified for instances where people needed to upgrade their installations.

Lyrastrae
07-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Thank you very much Tequila!

Phoeniix
10-28-2013, 01:20 AM
hi, im really new to this and i have tried both tutorials with 0 success with is rather frustrating.

Tut 1- Stuck at 10- The FileZilla wont recongnize the Host-User and pass and it wont connect

with Tut 2-
I cant upload the Zip file because it says (Data Error)

i completely stumped. :BIGO:

Hall of Famer
10-28-2013, 01:33 AM
Chibi's tutorial is for Mys v1.2.x, search for Gloometh's tutorial for Mys v1.3.x and see if it helps you better.

Phoeniix
10-28-2013, 03:30 AM
i did that and no help. i got to after i install the script

antillia.comxa.com/index.php

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/a6382099/public_html/classes/resource/native/objective.php on line 3

MikiHeart
10-28-2013, 06:40 AM
I have the same user as Phoeniix. Fresh install on a paid host.
I even tried redownloading the files and retrying.

I have an idea on what it might be. I'm going to mess around and see if it changes anything.

Edit:

I suspect it may have something to do with php versions. Because I had this issue in the past I believe. What php version does the script need/run on?

I get the follow errors on these php versions.

4.4.9:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/REMOVED/index.php on line 15

5.0.5 - 5.1.6 - 5.2.17 - 5.2.17 with Suhosin patch:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/REMOVED/classes/resource/native/objective.php on line 3

5.3.27 - 5.4.17:

Fatal error: Class 'InputComponent' not found in /home/REMOVED/classes/class_textcomponent.php on line 17

Hall of Famer
10-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Well the script requires PHP 5.3 or above(or more precisely, PHP 5.3.9+, but it's easy to get around so long as you use PHP 5.3), it does not work with PHP 4 or PHP 5.2. I wonder why you are getting the class not found error on PHP 5.3.27-5.4.17 though, as far as I know the script runs on these versions of PHP.

MikiHeart
10-28-2013, 09:42 PM
I've installed php on my computer and I'm going to start doing some more testing with php versions.

Hall of Famer
10-28-2013, 11:19 PM
U are free to do so, but I believe it's clear what versions of PHP is required for this script. PHP 5.3 and 5.4 should be able to run this script without issues, there is no support for PHP 5.2 unfortunately.

MikiHeart
10-28-2013, 11:29 PM
I have access to php 5.3 and 5.4. You say it should be able to run, but it's not o-o

I'm not trying to get it to work on php 5.2. I'm trying to get it to work in general.

Hall of Famer
10-28-2013, 11:33 PM
Umm this is weird, u said u are running the script on ur own computer? Are u sure u have enabled most PHP extensions? I saw that ur having this class not found error, it may have something to do with the loader class not doing it's job. Do u have spl extensions enabled? Is the spl's autoload_register function working properly?

MikiHeart
10-28-2013, 11:47 PM
I've tried both on my computer and on my paid hosting service. The errors I posted were on my hosting service.

Hall of Famer
10-28-2013, 11:50 PM
Umm that's so strange, as far as I know the script runs on most webhosts, the class not found error u posted was honestly the very first time I've ever heard of. If u don't mind, please do keep testing the script on ur server and lemme know if u find out why the script ain't working on ur webhost. I'd be curious to find out the cause of this error.

erica65404
12-14-2013, 04:13 PM
When i enter my host user and password on filezilla that i got from ooowebhost, it says it can't connect to the server

AlexC
12-14-2013, 04:17 PM
When i enter my host user and password on filezilla that i got from ooowebhost, it says it can't connect to the server

First - you're not using "localhost" as the host, correct?

That web host has a page for their FTP program, I can't remember exactly where on the page. It should have all of your details, double-check that you're entering the correct details.

What is the exact message you're getting when it doesn't connect? Is it saying it can't find the server, there are too many connections...?

erica65404
12-14-2013, 04:27 PM
it shows 2 errors. error: connection timed out and error: Could not connet to server.
I followed the deirections. It game me this information:

MySQL database will be created in 1 minute. Use these details for your PHP scripts:

$mysql_host = "host";
$mysql_database = "database";
$mysql_user = "user";
$mysql_password = "password";

I changed the values for this post, but I used the actual values on filezilla. I was also sent an email with account details and file upload details. All of these showed the same error messages.

erica65404
12-14-2013, 04:29 PM
the upload details contained FTP hostname, username, and password. That didn't work either.

AlexC
12-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Please edit your post instead of double posting.

With the ones you posted, those are your mySQL details, not your FTP details.

MySQL is your database, it resides on your server and is used to store information. You'll need that for installing the script. FTP stands for "Files to Program", if I remember correctly, and is a remote way to access your file manager. Only your FTP details can be put into filezilla.

I'm signing up for 000webhost to see if I can find your details easier.

erica65404
12-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Oh thank you so much. Turns out I was using the wrong password... sorry for the inconvenience!

AlexC
12-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Alright, that's good to hear! Tell us if you have any more questions~

IntoRain
12-14-2013, 05:05 PM
FTP stands for "Files to Program",

It's "File Transfering Protocol". Just like HTTP is "Hypertext Transfer Protocol". Web is all protocol based, so every "TP" is most likely a transfer protocol

AlexC
12-14-2013, 06:06 PM
It's "File Transfering Protocol". Just like HTTP is "Hypertext Transfer Protocol". Web is all protocol based, so every "TP" is most likely a transfer protocol

Ah, that sounds more right. xD I have such trouble with abrivations.

gloryKAT
04-09-2014, 08:05 PM
I probably asked this before, but:

I have this error:

Could not connect to database, the following error has occurred:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'glorykat'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

How do I solve this?

Kyttias
04-09-2014, 09:29 PM
I probably asked this before, but:

I have this error:

Could not connect to database, the following error has occurred:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'glorykat'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

How do I solve this?

This sort of error can plague any user working with any framework setup that connects to MySQL, because the problem here lies with the username/password you're trying to connect to the database with. I personally can't advise much beyond triple checking your configuration for Mysidia to make sure it is trying to use the correct details, checking your MySQL through PHPMyAdmin to make sure that you can indeed log in with that same username/password combination, and then checking your permissions for that user (http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/user_management) - to make sure the user has access to all the functions of the database.

After browsing around the web trying to find some help for troubleshooting, all I found was the following vague gems:

Sometimes you have to use localhost not 127.0.0.1 for this to work.
Is the password in quotes?
This might be worth a read (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11096045/mysql-said-documentation-1045-access-denied-for-user-rootlocalhost-usi) since you're on localhost (presumably through WAMP or similar). But it may be rather very irrelevant to this situation.

And whether you attempt this first or last, you can always try creating a new user in PHPMyAdmin (http://cuiborails.wordpress.com/2012/03/12/add-user-for-phpmyadmin-in-command-line/), just to make sure you did it properly the first time.

tahbikat
04-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Do you get this when logging in? I had the exact same issue. You need to make sure your database info for the site and forums are correct and match.

View this thread to see how to -hopefully- solve this issue: http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4396

gloryKAT
04-10-2014, 10:15 AM

I put in the wrong database password, so I couldn't get in.

gloryKAT
04-10-2014, 05:06 PM
another problem:

Warning: require(/home/foxmerev/public_html/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/foxmerev/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/foxmerev/public_html/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/foxmerev/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

Kyttias
04-10-2014, 05:58 PM
another problem:

Warning: require(/home/foxmerev/public_html/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/foxmerev/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/foxmerev/public_html/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/foxmerev/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

What's the directory path in your config file look like?

gloryKAT
04-10-2014, 05:59 PM
directory path?

how do i figure that out XD

all that's in there is this:

<?php
//Mysidia Adoptables Site Configuration File

define('DBHOST', 'localhost'); //DB Hostname
define('DBUSER', 'foxmerev_gloryka'); //DB Username
define('DBPASS', '***********'); //DB Password
define('DBNAME', 'foxmerev_main'); //Your database name
define('DOMAIN', 'foxmerevale.x10.mx'); //Your domain name (No http, www or . )
define('SCRIPTPATH', ''); //The folder you installed this script in
define('PREFIX', 'adopts_prefix');
?>

went into classes and found this:

}

/**
* The getTemplate method, will be added later once smarty or another template engine such as Twig is implemented.
* @access public
* @return Template
*/
public function getTemplate(){
$templateClass = "inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php";
require $this->path->getRoot().$templateClass;

$this->template = new Template($this->path);
Registry::set(new String("template"), $this->template, TRUE, TRUE);
return $this->template;
}

which appears to be part of my problem because it cant call upon smarty (it's not there)

okay i edited smarty and now this occurs:

Warning: require(/home/foxmerev/public_html/lang/lang_global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/foxmerev/public_html/classes/class_language.php on line 78

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/foxmerev/public_html/lang/lang_global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/foxmerev/public_html/classes/class_language.php on line 78

gloryKAT
04-10-2014, 07:03 PM
nevermind ^-^ i managed to fix it.

mattinc
05-14-2014, 08:38 PM
I have a fatal error when clicking the - "You will need to log in to your installation of Mysidia Adoptables before you can access the ADMINCP.

This is what I get when I click Log In:

Fatal error: Class 'AppController' not found in /home/a3397944/public_html/login.php on line 3

Everything has been installed .. I'm confused. Help.

.matt

krazykat1980
05-17-2014, 12:52 AM
@mattinc

What is the url to your site?

Is it like mysite.com or is it like mysite.com/pets?

If it's like the second example then your problem is the 'script path' in config.php.... in that situation the 'script path' would be the part after the .com (in the example I show, script path would be '/pets')

svmajesie
07-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Original issue I posted about appears to be fixed, I can log into my account but I am not able to get into the admin control panel. Also, the site doesn't load right and I think it's the result of being on a subdomain. If anyone has any settings suggestions for subdomain installation, I would really appreciate it!

my site is: messengers.godspack.com

EDIT: After messing around with things, now I can't log in. Buh. I use Godaddy for my hosting, everything is technically in the godspack.com/messengers folder because it's a subdomain. Can't seem to get anything to work!

EDIT2: Have tried changing the config.php file to this:

<?php
//Mysidia Adoptables Site Configuration File

define('DBHOST', 'messengersadopt.db.12382978.hostedresource.com'); //DB Hostname
define('DBUSER', 'messengersadopt'); //DB Username
define('DBPASS', '******'); //DB Password
define('DBNAME', 'messengersadopt'); //Your database name
define('DOMAIN', 'godspack.com'); //Your domain name (No http, www or . )
define('SCRIPTPATH', '/messengers'); //The folder you installed this script in
define('PREFIX', 'adopts_');
?>

Now the site LOOKS correct when you go to godspack.com/messengers but if you attempt to log in, it just takes you to a 404 page. In fact, all links don't function correctly. BUH.

Missy Master
07-24-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm on subdomains and it works great, but only after I worked with the .htaccess file.

Did you try the fix I had added to your other post? Let us know :)

svmajesie
07-24-2014, 12:01 PM
I'm on subdomains and it works great, but only after I worked with the .htaccess file.

Did you try the fix I had added to your other post? Let us know :)

At the moment, I got frustrated and just bought a second domain and did it that way. If Mysidia doesn't work out as an overall option, I got a programmer friend interested in helping with the project. Thank you!

ilrak
08-27-2014, 10:34 PM
Hi! I'm brand new and am trying to get this site up and running, but I'm running into some issues. Hopefully this is the right place to ask! I used this tutorial to install MAS onto my site, hosted by x10. I got all the way to this page:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q93/flippin_k_moon/ScreenShot2014-08-27at91609PM.png

And then when I click on Log in, it takes me to a blank page. The other links take me to a page not found. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but hopefully someone can help me!

Thanks!

IntoRain
08-27-2014, 10:54 PM
thepond.x10.mxmys

If you are using x10hosting, it should be thepond.x10.mx without "mys" at the end, I think

ilrak
08-27-2014, 11:05 PM
Thanks. I went back and reinstalled so that the site name is http://www.thepond.x10.mx. I'm still getting a completely blank page when I try to log in though. :/ I'm so new to coding, I probably really messed up lol.

Derpstra
09-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Is anybody else getting a blank page on a fresh install? Because I am. I have tried everything to correct it and I cannot find a solution.

Hall of Famer
09-05-2014, 12:44 PM
I think x10hosting changed some settings that made this script malfunction on their servers. It used to happen before, when users were reporting issues with PDO class/object not found. Its strange though, as I was trying to fix ilrak's site but couldnt do it somehow. I will see what solution I can find for this issue.

Derpstra
09-10-2014, 06:12 AM
Do you think you will have a solution soon, or would it be better to just switch webhosts at this point? I've been pretty faithful to X10hosting.

destrovel
09-14-2014, 11:17 AM
I personally think it's less effort to find a host that works than to wait for a fix on this really specific problem. Especially because we don't know what x10 changed in their settings ;)

IntoRain
09-28-2014, 01:04 PM
Ran into this during a new installation in x10hosting. Script works fine in my old account, but not on this new one. Has anything been found about it?

----

Alright, I think I found the problem. I echo'd the root and it was giving me /usr/local/apache/htdocs/ instead of /home/_name_/public_html/

In class_path.php, instead of this line:

$this->root = getenv('DOCUMENT_ROOT').SCRIPTPATH."/";

put this:

$this->root = "/home/_name_here_/public_html/";

Pear
10-19-2014, 10:16 AM
Ran into this during a new installation in x10hosting. Script works fine in my old account, but not on this new one. Has anything been found about it?

----

Alright, I think I found the problem. I echo'd the root and it was giving me /usr/local/apache/htdocs/ instead of /home/_name_/public_html/

In class_path.php, instead of this line:

$this->root = getenv('DOCUMENT_ROOT').SCRIPTPATH."/";

put this:

I'm doing this, and yet I'm still getting a blank page? c:

IntoRain
10-19-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm doing this, and yet I'm still getting a blank page? c:

Might be for another reason, like misconfiguration. What are the contents of your error_log on the day you last visited your site?

Pear
10-19-2014, 05:58 PM
Might be for another reason, like misconfiguration. What are the contents of your error_log on the day you last visited your site?

Oh man. That file is a mess. There's so much stuff there. xD I'm not sure the last day I visited my site and it was working was though..As I get on every day. It might have been 2 days ago, but maybe the one from today would help?

[19-Oct-2014 16:55:11 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/_name_here_/public_html/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/php') in /home/capifore/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

Edit:
Alright. I went back in there and there was a break in the error messages. So this might be of more help?
[07-Oct-2014 02:33:02 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined property: DocumentRenderer::$thematicBreak in /home/capifore/public_html/classes/class_guirenderer.php on line 184
(-There are no errors in between these two dates-)
[16-Oct-2014 01:54:35 America/New_York] PHP Warning: require(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/capifore/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

IntoRain
10-21-2014, 04:58 PM
Oh man. That file is a mess. There's so much stuff there. xD I'm not sure the last day I visited my site and it was working was though..As I get on every day. It might have been 2 days ago, but maybe the one from today would help?

[19-Oct-2014 16:55:11 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/_name_here_/public_html/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/php') in /home/capifore/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

Edit:
Alright. I went back in there and there was a break in the error messages. So this might be of more help?
[07-Oct-2014 02:33:02 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined property: DocumentRenderer::$thematicBreak in /home/capifore/public_html/classes/class_guirenderer.php on line 184
(-There are no errors in between these two dates-)
[16-Oct-2014 01:54:35 America/New_York] PHP Warning: require(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/capifore/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

Yeah that seems to be the error I was getting. When you put this line:

Where it says _name_here put capifore. It's the name of the folder public_html is in

Pear
10-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Yeah that seems to be the error I was getting. When you put this line:

Where it says _name_here put capifore. It's the name of the folder public_html is in

Oh man. I'm such a derp. It's working now. XD Thank you very much! <3 I'm not sure what I would have done without you. c:

IntoRain
10-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Oh man. I'm such a derp. It's working now. XD Thank you very much! <3 I'm not sure what I would have done without you. c:

Hehe no problem! I didn't really explain what it was xD I'm glad it's working! Sorry taking long, forgot to check this thread

Hall of Famer
10-25-2014, 10:40 PM
I think people need to stop replying to this thread. There's another thread on installation tutorial, and its more up to date with Mys v1.3.x.

AndromedaKerova
11-07-2014, 03:53 PM
11. Once connected

My issue is that there ISN'T an "adoptables" folder in the unzipped scripts file.
I'm using Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.4

Hall of Famer
11-07-2014, 03:55 PM
well this tutorial is a bit outdated, since it was written at the time of Mys v1.2.x. Use this tutorial and it will help you better:
http://mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3532

If you still are confused then, lemme know and I'd be glad to help you.

LUC1G07CH1
04-01-2016, 09:32 AM
What if the host isn't 00webhost? But Mysidia's host?

Hall of Famer
04-01-2016, 01:01 PM
This tutorial is for Mys v1.1.x and v1.2.x, it has been outdated for a while now. Thread closed for discussion, please refer to this thread if you need help:
http://mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3532