PDA

View Full Version : Admin Overhaul Request Thread

Kaeliah
01-24-2011, 09:58 AM
I am doing an admin overhaul. What does that mean? It means I'm completely changing a lot of things. Suggest ideas for functions you think the admin should have and I'll consider adding them to the overhaul.

These are the ones I'm already doing:

- Adoptable Conditions Overhaul
- Multiple Alternate Images will automatically be combined with this mod and will not be released on its own.
- Better control of User Group Functions
- Better Organization of functions.
- BBCode Editor
- CSS Editor

NOTE: I'm not adding admin functions for mods, like trading and such. It's up to the creators of mods to have their own complete admin functions.

ChibiMaestro
01-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Could you make it so a user can be in multiple user groups, instead of ONE per person? XD

And thanks for doing this Kae xD

Kaeliah
01-24-2011, 10:39 AM
I could do that... can you give me some ideas of how that would be useful though? *is brain dead from doing calculus*

Arianna
01-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Yesyesyesyes. :D The admin panel really needs it, haha.

What do you mean by better functions, though? Like, in the admin panel? 'Cause I've already (mostly) updated functions.php, for v1.2.0.

Kaeliah
01-24-2011, 11:00 AM
I probably should've picked a better word... xD functions as... uploading an image is a function of the admin panel. It's something the admin panel 'does'. I wasn't referring to the functions.php file. :meow:

PTGigi
01-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Multiple image uploading? I thought of an idea of how to code it but I have not tested out my idea yet XD

Also I recall someone on MA saying multi-image deleting for the image editing page, that might be good too :meow:

Hall of Famer
01-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Well you can request anything in this thread, old suggestions made on RA or MA are also appreciated. I've added this create/edit/delete user's individual pets for acp enhancement, which should be readily available for Mys v1.2.0. Further overhaul of acp may come with later releases, either in Mys v1.2.x or v1.3.x series.

RoconzaArt
01-24-2011, 11:49 AM
If it does not have already a easier way to banned/unbann users like perma bann and banning for a set amount of time form manage Users.

IE some one is banned for 24 hours or one week.

Hall of Famer
01-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Thats a very interesting suggestion Roconza, I am afraid cron job must be used to code a temp-ban system? I am not that good with date and time syntax, so I cant really tell.

Kaeliah
01-24-2011, 11:57 AM
I could do a tutorial on cron jobs. You can use cron jobs on 000webhost I know.

ChibiMaestro
01-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Multiple usergroups:

Say someone is banned... but still is an artist (very unlikely I know), then they would have 2 usergroups (instead of making a new one).

And could you make some extra permissions such as:
Shoutbox posting privileges,
admincp sections -maybe instead of "change users" section as a whole, maybe some specific parts such as "change usergroups", and "upload images" instead of ONE whole thing... if you know what I mean?

RoconzaArt
01-24-2011, 12:11 PM
If your adding a Multiple Alternative out comes I think there should be a better way to view the page you edit your adopts for us who like to use theme with a set width. I have my two sites set under 900px in width. It would be hard to picture that all fitting on a table on site with small content pages.

Missy Master
01-24-2011, 01:09 PM
I could do a tutorial on cron jobs. You can use cron jobs on 000webhost I know.

I would LOVE to do a Cron job to stall the birth of babies with the breeding script!

I have a script that would just insert the new baby, and all I can't get is how to have it stall to 'deliver' that baby lol.

I have several scripts I would love to have just execute for the whole site at certain times, I've tried to get the hang of this and failed! They are of course all .php scripts.

Hall of Famer
01-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Well Chibi has lots of interesting ideas. I believe there's a better way to integrate the shoutbox to adoptable sites though, lemme see what I can do with it.

RoconzaArt
01-24-2011, 04:36 PM
I'd rather have a forum then a shout box I digress I'd like to see a option of having shouts have user profile links and a way of keeping guest from posting.

ChibiMaestro
01-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Oh and, just thought of some mwoar!
1. Colours for usergroup usernames :3 that also show up on shoutboxes :3
(if a user's got more than 1 usergroup, the usergroup that ISN'T the default "registered" group would be shown, e.g.
User = registered & artist = artist colour shown
2. Permissions to moderate the shoutbox (delete, edit posts etc.)
3. Idk... I just want there to be 3 points.. but can't think of any more :cfrown:

RoconzaArt
01-24-2011, 04:53 PM
I would be awesome to have a avatar system that lets people upload 50x50 icons that show up on there profile and in the shout box.

Hall of Famer
01-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Well Anna's avatar system shall become available in Mys v1.2.0.

RoconzaArt
01-24-2011, 05:54 PM
I'd like to see a option for a pet site like avatar system if possible some day. You know were you have to earn new avatars by for filling certain conditions.

[you are now eligaible to use [insert] as a avatar!]

I think a mass email system for admins would be nice as well.

I'd like to see a option to give users a certain amount a money each day like in MA.

HIddenPanda
01-25-2011, 08:56 PM
PLEASE make the plugins page separate from the other pages, and be able to set What usergroups can edit what plugins?

Kaeliah
01-25-2011, 09:24 PM
I'd like to see a option for a pet site like avatar system if possible some day. You know were you have to earn new avatars by for filling certain conditions.

[you are now eligaible to use [insert] as a avatar!]

I think a mass email system for admins would be nice as well.

I'd like to see a option to give users a certain amount a money each day like in MA.

I'm not adding mods like avatars or adding cash. Mass email system may work though.

@Chibi - Okay I understand where your going with that. :smile:

I will be changing the look of the Admin Panel and the organization of it to a hopefully easier system.

PLEASE make the plugins page separate from the other pages, and be able to set What usergroups can edit what plugins?
I'll see what I can do about that. :smile:

Tequila
01-25-2011, 09:37 PM
I just want to say that all of these look like a good idea, I hope we can do some of them.

I will be buying a book on PHP coding for tax return season! Yay, perhaps I'll be able to provide more than pretty templates.

Kaeliah
01-25-2011, 10:29 PM
But pretty templates are so... pretty! XD I love your templates Enddayne!

Yeah most all of these should be very doable. I hope I can get some if not most of these done before 1.2.* comes out. :smile:

Hall of Famer
01-26-2011, 12:40 AM
Well maybe we can work on a possible theme manager? This way users can use css to create or edit their existing styles, most CMS or forum softwares have such a feature available to admins. Not saying it should be done anytime soon, but it's definitely worth trying. I'd like to take a look at how Bloodrun did his user's profile customization script when it is done, styling in acp should be somewhat similar to that. The difference is, well, you create a theme available for every user on your site to use instead of just a user profile by manipulating css.

RoconzaArt
01-26-2011, 05:32 AM
I like how v adopts has pet rarity, that maybe a interesting feature.

Kaeliah
01-26-2011, 08:07 AM
x.x Roconza, you seem to be missing the point of this thread. I'm not adding things like that, I'm not adding modifications. All I'm doing is reworking admin functions, and making small admin modifications. Pet Rarity isn't an admin mod, and neither are avatars or giving users money everyday...

@Famer, CSS editor in the admin panel you mean?

RoconzaArt
01-26-2011, 08:20 AM
geez I'm sorry you could said so no need to treat me like I'm a *****. I saw some of the other go off topic so I thought it would not hurt. don't worry I will not be posting any more.

Kaeliah
01-26-2011, 08:47 AM
geez I'm sorry you could said so no need to treat me like I'm a *****. I saw some of the other go off topic so I thought it would not hurt. don't worry I will not be posting any more.
:ooo:

Wha? I did say so... how was I supposed to say it differently. And It wasn't about going off topic, you were requesting things that didn't fit the category I was asking for. There wasn't a need for what you said, why is it you're reacting like that? I didn't say anything mean...

RoconzaArt
01-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Sorry I didn't get any sleep last night so I'm a little touchy today. By the way why is M-oron censored?

Kaeliah
01-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Because Famer didn't want people calling each other that. There are some other words that are censored too...

Hall of Famer
01-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Well gals use the 'report' button if you are upset at someone's post, this is the only thing I can say to you this time. ^^

@ Roconza: I dont think Kaeliah said anything rude either, I'd strongly recommend you to take it to private(use VMs or PMs) if you are indeed annoyed.

RoconzaArt
01-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Oh I already explained it to her in a PM. I was completely in the wrong this time.

PTGigi
01-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Gah I think of something while eating TunaFish and Brownies but now I forgot it (those darn brownies >.> So soft and delicious...)

If I remember it I'll edit this post XD

Oh wow just remembered it XD Make a way to combine Promo Codes with Conditions? I recall Teshia knowing how but she doesn't post how to do it she says to PM her and she has been rather inactive as of recently D:

Kaeliah
01-29-2011, 01:20 PM
:D yeppers Gigi

How come you didn't share your brownied with us...? :madO:

PTGigi
01-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Yay! X3

Cuz I only got 1 and 2 minis (the others are my brothers) But I tend to notice I act weird after eating brownies O.o REALLY WEIRD. XD

ChibiMaestro
01-29-2011, 02:35 PM
:D Oh yus, make an option where you can add CSS files VIA the ACP :3 and an editor there (like the MA one) xD xD

Kaeliah
04-28-2011, 12:58 PM
This is still a project I'm working on. :3