PDA

View Full Version : Neon Glow Core

AlkseeyaKC
01-25-2011, 01:14 PM
What is it?
This will be a click pet site based off my web comic, Neon Glow (http://neonglow.smackjeeves.com/). The Comic's story line will have nothing to do with the site. It takes place inside its own lab where users can raise pets called Neons. Neons are radioactive ghost/zombies creatures. Users will also be able to find hidden Neons with in the comic and also some crazy creatures from its pokemon/digimon like show called, Pauchumon.

Working on!
- Rework Site Layout
- Adotpable page
- Recycle

Adoptable Sneak Peaks
I just did remakes of the Felisneon. they will not be available until new adoptable page is done.
http://fav.me/d4fqov2
http://fav.me/d4fs3l2
http://fav.me/d4fs974

Here is the URL: http://neon.planetkalzy.com/

Hall of Famer
01-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Nice job so far KC, I really dig your artworks. ^^ I find the idea of 'fish neon' quite intriguing, mind explaining a little bit of it?

AlkseeyaKC
01-25-2011, 01:27 PM
In chapter 3 Zedof goes after a fish neon (aka Coraneon). This featured one will be from a gold fish. The big green ghost image is the first form of the neon.

I forgot to add on there that the site will update along with the chapters of the comic. So when a new chapter comes. A new set of Neons will be on the site and a hidden one in each chapter. There is all ready one hidden Neon in Chapter one. I had it on the site all ready but all the images magically disappeared so I need to re-upload it.

Hall of Famer
01-25-2011, 01:39 PM
I see, I thought you were gonna add a fishing system. ^^

Sounds quite interesting, so your adoptable site is completely integrated to your comic? Cant wait to read it myself when I have more time. XD

AlkseeyaKC
01-25-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm happy you like this so far. ^_^;

LOL No the features are going to be quite simple. Though I'm still planing things out.

Its not really integrated, Like the comic is its own thing and the pet site is it's own thing. But the themes are the same. And the chapters are when new stuff come out. Then the hidden neons are like thanks for reading kind of thing. I may come up with a way for people to get the hidden neons with out finding them in the comic.

Thanking about the fishing game, though I don't think this would work out with the theme of the site, I can make a flash game people can play to find the neons. I will have to think of that. It would be more simple like point and click game.

PTGigi
01-25-2011, 03:04 PM
OMG I REMEMBER YOU NOW :BIGO: I remember those Squibies of yours XD *facepalm* I thought you seemed somewhat familiar :smile:

Love the designs, and it's cool how you're making them relate to your comics :happycbig:

AlkseeyaKC
01-25-2011, 03:10 PM
YAY I'm known in places! XD I'm happy you like them, did you make any Squibies?

PTGigi
01-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Back when my art wasn't the best I did XD It made a bunch of 'Swolfs' Swirl Wolves XD And some dragons (my best thing was probably these two Chibi Spyros X3) but my login doesn't work (forgot pass) and I'm too lazy and uncaring to go back X3

AlkseeyaKC
01-25-2011, 03:43 PM
*looks you up* OH! I has your purple dragon! (http://squiby.net/view.php?user=AlkseeyaKC&view=111929)

AlkseeyaKC
01-26-2011, 09:23 AM
May not see any new updates on this for a while, I'm going to work on getting this chapter to run faster.

AlkseeyaKC
03-24-2011, 08:52 AM
Main Topic was locked so I say it here. XD;

I'm happy the new version is out. I can not implement it for a while though. Chris and I are working on moving in together. When things get settled, I will get this project started up again. That's all that's going on. XD

Rozel
03-25-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm happy you like this so far. ^_^;

LOL No the features are going to be quite simple. Though I'm still planing things out.

Its not really integrated, Like the comic is its own thing and the pet site is it's own thing. But the themes are the same. And the chapters are when new stuff come out. Then the hidden neons are like thanks for reading kind of thing. I may come up with a way for people to get the hidden neons with out finding them in the comic.

Thanking about the fishing game, though I don't think this would work out with the theme of the site, I can make a flash game people can play to find the neons. I will have to think of that. It would be more simple like point and click game.

You can make it so the person goes to your comic, and when they click on a certain panel it goes to another page that gives a promo code in which you can turn in for a pet. :3

Good luck on your website, by the way!

AlkseeyaKC
04-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Hey Rozel! With how the comic site is set up, it is not possible to do that. The pages are php set up so editing one single comic page would be tricky. I think people typing in the numbers would be fine.

I'm trying to make Ideas for the site. I was thinking there would be the main menu but the whole sit may be set up so it will look like a lab that you can walk around. I don't know how to implement forums, so I may just direct people to some other forums I like. LOL I don't expect the site to get all that big. XD

AlkseeyaKC
04-30-2011, 01:43 AM
Just got the site back up and I have been tweaking with the layout. Lets see where my L33t dream weavers skillz can take me. XD

Its going to be plain for a while. I need to actually fegure out what the over all layout will look like still.

Rozel
05-01-2011, 12:46 PM
I knew you played Furcadia, bro :T

AlkseeyaKC
05-04-2011, 06:41 AM
I never knew of it until you mentioned it.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but where can I edit the Menu? I mean there is a place to edit it like add and delete. But It dose not let me take of breeding. I did not want to have breeding on my site. I also wanted to take the shout box off. It dose not really work well.

Tequila
05-04-2011, 08:45 AM
You can delete those links through your phpMyAdmin and MySqsL manager.

Rozel
05-04-2011, 10:04 AM
You never knew of it until I mentioned it? Wut? o-o Then what about dream weaving? ; w;

AlkseeyaKC
05-04-2011, 11:15 AM
I go there and it just allows me to edit the name and link url. hummm. Maybe I can keep those and change what they are.... But then again the pages I was thinking of were going to be hidden.....

LOL forgive if I'm being stupid. I'm new to all this. But I can be a quick learner. =3

Rozel - I do not know dream weaving ether. o n o; *hides*

Rozel
05-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Neon: "Lets see where my L33t dream weavers skillz can take me. XD "

AlkseeyaKC
05-05-2011, 03:24 PM
OH I thoght "dream weaving" was another game. In that comment I was talking about using Dream Weaver. Its the Program I'm using to make the site.

Posible Fox Neon
http://oekamie.planetkalzy.com/pictures/OP_450.png

Rozel
05-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Oic. Lol, we use the word Dream Weaving a lot in Furcadia because uhm... you're dream weaving. And you seemed really familiar as if I saw you on there before. But, just ignore me being weird. 8D

AlkseeyaKC
06-22-2011, 09:24 PM
HEY I worked on the site, All I did was Implement the site look, that is just the comic's site look. XD; I'm still trying to look into the menu system. I still can not fegure out where it is I can edit it. Chris is offering his help on it. He knows this stuff more then me. If I can just get the site to look good and work, then I can get on with the adoptables.
Well I need to make the Logo first. XD I have something awesome in mind. =3

Edit: OH WAIT!! I think I'm on to something with the links! =D

Hall of Famer
06-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Glad you made some progress with your site lately, and best luck with your future work. Looks like you are having someone important to you to help with your project, which is so good to know.

AlkseeyaKC
06-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Thank you Famer!
Well He can help me. But he works with a company that makes the banner advertisements and designing sites. When he gets home, looking at this stuff hurts his head. But I am Having fun digging around in the code. XD I really am a noob, but I am a fast learner, I don't think I will ever be able to make anything awesome though.
I am starting to think that the site really needs a forum of some sort. Not sure what to do with that still. =/

I'm done tweaking the pages for now. I need to work on a logo! O 3 O

AlkseeyaKC
06-30-2011, 07:11 AM
Site look is implanted. It looks awesome but still needs tweaking.

Tequila
06-30-2011, 12:59 PM
I do like the site design, it's nice. Fits well with your theme. :3

Can't wait to see what all you get up. :3

And the fox sketch is too cute!

AlkseeyaKC
06-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks Nyxi! =3 I still have a lot more tweaking to do on it and cooler buttons.

Oh yeah people are free to join the site if they want. Adoptable should be coming after the tweaks are done. You can see what I have to do on the Task list.

I'm having some trouble with the ad thing. It says it can do HTML but it dosen't. =/

Tequila
06-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Hm... I usually just code the Advertisements into the template itself, so I haven't run into that problem recently.

AlkseeyaKC
07-01-2011, 08:23 AM
YAY got the ads working. Just need to go threw and tweak a lot of stuff. X_x;

I'm happy to know how to get into my database now. =3

Edit: We have a Felisneon up for adoption!

AlkseeyaKC
11-10-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm going to be starting this project back up again. I'm redoing the Felisnoen finally: http://fav.me/d4fqov2

I ended up just getting a phpBoard. http://www.neon.planetkalzy.com/forum/index.php

After I get some other work done I will be working on redesigning the over all site look to move the side menu to the top and working on the adoptables page. It will have a machine users scroll through and a NPC to explain things.
End the end I plan on having most pages designed so you feel like your walking around a office lab place. XD;

AlkseeyaKC
12-02-2011, 04:46 PM
I killed the ph Board because it was getting tons of spam. I'm not sure how.

The new update killed the layout and thus I made a new one but I don't have it coded.
http://fav.me/d4hymp0

Read the artist comment for more information. =3