PDA

View Full Version : Forum Editing Posts?

PTGigi
01-25-2011, 04:22 PM
I've noticed this forum edits my posts in very unneed fashion D: I can see why such a thing would exist but frankly it's quite bothersome at times D:

Examples:
My thread title 'MM2+' was changed to 'Mm2+'
Saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ENDDAYNE" is set to all lowercase D:
Saying "OMG Yus! XD" is changed to 'omg yus xd'

Also it does stuff like:
Add this random </span> thing after code/php tags occasionally on my posts
I've posted stuff in a PHP tag that was not shown, I believe I was posting the HTML for a link and it excluded the second ' I put in to define the link, that's rather necessary since your code will seriously mess up if that's not in there (trust me I've done it XD)

And just a few other bothersome things D: Not sure if this is fixable D:

Also another minor error/glitch (?) I've seen is when I go to a forum section, read all the topics that are marked as unread, then hit to buttons at the top of the forum to go back to the main page it shows the forum section as unread, that is until I go back, view the page where it shows the list of topics in that section, then I can go to any page I want and have it show unread O.o

Yeah just some random stuff X3

Hall of Famer
01-25-2011, 04:25 PM
umm I wonder why your uppercase letters were changed to lowercase, lemme try it myself and see if it does:

GIGI IS CRAZILY FRIENDLY

For the random stuff, I will see what is causing the problem for you. I believe it is fixable, but it may take time.

Edit: looks like it works, maybe it has something to do with usergroups? I will ask Kaeliah to type with uppercase too, lets see if she gets a problem like you did.

PTGigi
01-25-2011, 04:28 PM
It's strange because I can type MM2+ without it changing but as a thread title it changes it D: Could it be because of character count? So it thinks it's spam if I just post 'MM2+' or 'OMG Yus! XD' with very few other words within the post? O.o

Hall of Famer
01-25-2011, 04:29 PM
umm this could be a possibility, lemme see:

MM2+

Edit: Found out the cause of your problem, I've disabled this 'Prevent Shouting' function through acp. You should be fine now gigi.
http://oi56.tinypic.com/6yl7ph.jpg

Kaeliah
01-25-2011, 07:15 PM
I AM SPAMMING CAPITAL LETTERS HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DID IT WORK??????

O.o now let's see what happens?

PTGigi
01-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Lol HoF told me via my profile he fixed the settings X3

Thanks HoF :D

Kaeliah
01-25-2011, 07:49 PM