PDA

View Full Version : website offline

powerchaos
09-12-2008, 06:44 PM
ok , this looks maybe strange if you read the post

but i cant acces this website whit my laptop for 1 of other reason
and it only happends whit this website :S

so now i aim using a other comp and it works perfect :P

i probaly knows the reason how it comes , i founded 4 differend spyware on my pc (after i restarted it after 2 weeks o.O) and now i aim running a virus/spyware scan in safemode (refused to work in normal mode)

so its posseble that i cant answer or reply on a Question or a topic for a time

i will reply on this topic when i can reply again :P

Greets From The Crasher

BMR777
09-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Yep, spyware sucks. It could also be your network equipment causing issues too. Also, every once in a while this site will go down for a few minutes. The darn server is in the U.K. so it is a long trip from my PC in the U.S. to this site. :)

Isn't it ironic that webringamerica.com is hosted in the U.K.? :)

BMR777

OceanLove
09-12-2008, 10:11 PM
What is the best spyware removal tool for free, which includes removing of spyware without registrating?

powerchaos
09-13-2008, 03:21 AM
back , finaly (it took over the 12 hours to get back online)

i used system restore to 4 days back

so , now i need to scan the comp whit differend spyware scans (browser highjacking)

to oceanlove
the best anti spyware is hitmanpro

http://hitmanpro.nl , http://hitmanpro.com

Greets From the Crasher

OceanLove
09-13-2008, 07:49 AM
I've never heard of it before..

Ajof
09-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Im in the uk so the server isn't too far from me but it often takes about a minute to load a page nowadays. Didn't used to.

lupus6x9
09-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Sometimes it doesn't load at all for a few hours, and then it works again.

BMR777
09-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Hmm, I have noticed slower load times on this site in the last few months. I've considered moving the webringamerica.com site to another server, however I have a few users from my free forum hosting service still active on this server, along with a lot of personal websites, mainly my sister's art website with 600+ images so moving all my data would be a pain. I couldn't have it transferred either. My host informed me once that on this server I have over 3GB in MySQL databases alone. I let the databases get so big because this was back in the day when I didn't know any better. I would say though that 95% of my users are on my second server, which has webring2.com and freemybb.com hosted on it, which are a lot better managed with a lot smaller smaller databases.

I will probably end up moving to another server soon though if the outages keep up. Let me know if you experience any more outages / downtime.

BMR777

Ajof
09-13-2008, 01:16 PM
I've done a seamless site transfer once before where we moved a backup of the database to the new server and then updated the config files to use that server for the db instead of local host, then copy all the files across and update dns. This way you get hardly any downtime. Still as you say you've got a lot there to move. Do you regularly back it up for safety anyway?

BMR777
09-13-2008, 01:20 PM
I try to do incremental backups. I back up the important data, but unfortunately it is hard to back up everything on the old webringamerica.com server because sometimes the backup system freezes.

On the webring2.com and freemybb.com server though I do regular backups at least once a month, but more likely weekly backups. Too my host has backups done weekly as well so that is an extra layer of protection, but I don't rely on that alone.

BMR777

Ajof
09-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Im lazy and my vps does a backup weekly by itself :D :P

powerchaos
09-13-2008, 05:42 PM
hehe thats funny :)

by 1 of my host , they do every 2 weeks a backup ( i think ,not sure ) and on my vps (yes i got finaly 1 :P ) is it weekly

then on my last host ( the bad 1 ) they doesnt do anything ... lol

i dont keep a backup of it for my own , or for on the server becouse it isnt needed so far

from the moment i got importand data on it and then i aim forced to make a backup every week :S

@bmr777
if you want to know a nice program to manage your mysql , then i suggest you to use navicat (even whit a laggy conection does it do backups , but its posseble that you need to press it 2 times to keep the conection , it will say conection lost and the second time it works )

so , the program cost about the 99$ if i aim right , but you can use this link to ^^ (please remove link if not allowed :S )

BMR777
09-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I prefer not to use cracked software. :)

BMR777

OceanLove
09-14-2008, 02:07 AM
Some cracked softwares are just spywares after you downloaded them =D

powerchaos
09-14-2008, 08:58 AM
the most of the cracks are warned as a trojan

but they arent , they got that name becouse they do file changes (cracked... a patcher)

but like you probaly knows , there are a few real virusses/trojans and you dont know whitch is real and whitch not (you will find that out realy fast ^^ )

Greets From The Crasher

OceanLove
09-14-2008, 09:59 AM
I always download from trusted sites and links =D

powerchaos
09-16-2008, 06:15 PM
ok , this is bad news for the users that knows that i aim active on the forum

i was thinking i solved the problem whit the spyware/visus whit the system restore

now i got a bigger problem

the restore failt ( it worked until i restarted my pc , a couple of days later)

now i got it back and its ever worser then before , i cant conect to the internet ( a virus blocks my isp win sockeds or something like that , or lsp sockeds :S)

so i tryed out 12 differend anti spyware programs and they all seems to find 6 spywares but they cant remove it (they say they do but they dont do it )

now i installed a paid virus scanner (trial) and it seems that i got back internet (the firewall is working , the optimization to ^^)

but then the other trouble start again , the browser hijacking is started again , cant open this website whit my normal pc (not even in safe mode :S)

so i aim forced to use my vps now to just make a post on this forum o.O

if some1 knows how i can get rid of this anoying virus , then please let me know

it makes some ddl files from the moment you start your pc (c:/windows/system32/tsd and something more .ddl)

it start 7 differed files on start up (they are deleted , finaly )

it shows a irritating false warning icon (4 differend icons in task bar) (its not a false , but it try to promote himself ...)

it disable your virus scanner so it doesnt start up and is even unable to do a simple boot scan ( the scan of 2 seconds , it takes me 45 min and it was still not loaded )

the virus scanned doesnt find anything in safe mode ( avg free)

so , the conclusion , it goin take a day or 5 before i aim fully operational again , or i need to format my pc (dint do that a long time ago , got to mutch files to lose )

so now you know the problem , and if some1 got a solution then i would be happy =)

Greets From The crasher

BMR777
09-16-2008, 06:22 PM
PowerChaos: You may want to download HijackThis (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/hijackthis.php) and run on your PC. Choose the "Scan and save a logfile" option. Then a list will appear with checkboxes. These are all parts of software on your PC.

Paste the logfile that opens into this website (http://www.hijackthis.de/) and uncheck the boxes for the entries that the site flags. Hopefully this will help some as it should stop some of the malware from loading when you reboot your PC.

BMR777

powerchaos
09-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Thank you :)

i tryed that already as 1 of the first options , and now a few hours ago i dit it again , i disables like 10 differend files whit a strange name like vshkf569.exe (its just a previeuw , i dont know the name anymore)

then i saw that i got the winsoc problems , highjackthis cant repair it so i donloaded the repair tool of it

now after i run the repair tool (isnt compitable whit vista , but it worked ^^ ) then the icons dissapeared and my internet to

i rebooted and i got back internet , every program was running like normal exept that my virus scanner let froze my pc ( 56 warnings of a virus atk of a file that doesnt exist in less then 5 seconds , cant be deleded and cant be in Quarantine becouse it just restore himself)

the virus scanner i use now (and the program) is system mechanic 8 and the virus scanner and firewall of it (iolo)
this is the only program that seems to resist the virus becouse it blocks it so i got internet
but the virus scanner of it let crash my pc in normal mode :S

i tryed every anti spyware program (hitmanpro) then the highjack program and 3 differed virus scanners :S all in safe mode and when they are finished then i goin back to normal and then i see it back again :S and when i try to do then the scanner then they refuse to work ( they just frease or they give a big error )
its just a hard virus to remove :S

Greets From The Crasher

OceanLove
09-17-2008, 03:40 AM
I know something that can kill adware, spyware and stuffs.. But not sure if it works on virus.. Oh ya, too many anti-virus softwares can cause problems too =D

powerchaos
09-17-2008, 04:09 AM
i know , i know

the strange thing is that when i got the virus scanner running that he doesnt find it

when i got the realtime virus scanner then it prevents me for even doin something on my pc (it keeps blocking and deleting 1 single file that doesnt exist , cant delete it manuel becouse i cant find it )

then , its still the same website that is blocked so probaly i goin format my pc to let it works again :'(

Greets From The Crasher

OceanLove
09-17-2008, 06:26 AM
Good luck then

powerchaos
09-17-2008, 06:39 PM
ok , i founded the problem (i aim using a proxy now and its working now )

its just a browser hijacking , and i aim sure of it becouse even whit a proxy does it redirects me to sites i dint click (clicking on proxy.com in google and i go to thefreeonlineenceclopedy.com/proxy :S )

so far i got a few things fixed , i can work "normal" again whit my comp , but i got huge problems whit my browsers

the strange thing is that i cant open every page , but the most pages still works (thats what it makes strange)

then the thing i got to is that java doesnt seems to work like it need to be (what you mean ??)
well i just mean , when i open google then i see the logo at top and the rest a page below ( a lot of white space before i see the inbox)

so , its all strange :s i goin try to reinstall my pc so probaly i goin be offline for 2 days (or longer)
if some1 got some good stuff to protect from this kind of trojan/hijacker (cant be fixed in safe mode , and it disable the software in normal mode :S) and it works , then please let me know :)

Greets From The Crasher

powerchaos
09-30-2008, 10:23 AM
finaly back :)

after i finaly reinstalled my hole pc (hard desision) and i still got every file (so i dint lose anything ) is it time again to do a comeback on the forum here :)

Greets From The crasher