PDA

View Full Version : Which hoster is better?

OceanLove
09-19-2008, 03:21 AM
http://www.hostmonster.com/hosting-features.htm

https://www.vistapages.com/hosting/linux-web-hosting.php

http://www.hosting24.com

VistaPages or Host Monster or Hosting24 is better? Or any other host? Please state.

Hosting24 said this

Unlimited disk space? How is that possible?

While it may sound unrealistic - it's true - with Hosting24.com you receive unlimited disk space and bandwidth - and it's guaranteed by the company owner itself.

Where is the trick? No tricks at all. You get what you see. Even if your account will use 10 GB of disk space, we will never kick you off and you can continue uploading. Let us explain, how it works.

These days server disk drives are dirty cheap - for example, we get 1000GB disk drive for just $40 per month. So, if some day, we will start running out of disk space, will simply attach new disk drive and you can continue uploading without interruptions. At the moment we have over 5000 customers and the biggest account takes "only" 15 GB of disk space, so even on the worst scenario, we could still put 60 such customers on a single disk drive and then attach new disk drive with the minimal costs.

But, there is one thing you should know - all files you store on your account must be legal. For example, you cannot put music that is copyrighted - only music that you have permission to distribute or the music that you have created yourself can be uploaded to your account. You cannot put any copyrighted photos or videos too, only your own material.

Unlimited Bandwidth

Unlimited data transfer becomes normal these days too. Our internet service provider is giving us dedicated and unmetered 10 mpbs line on each server, so we can offer unlimited bandwidth for you too! Please also note that all files you make available for download must be legal too and you must have full permissions to distribute them.

http://www.hosting24.com/unlimited.php

OceanLove
09-19-2008, 03:27 AM
I know there is more, but I can't find other that is better

Rsmiley
09-19-2008, 04:26 AM
freewebspace.net/forum

Lots of good ones

:D

OceanLove
09-19-2008, 08:17 AM
I am talking about paid. Moreover, I am not asking for ALL, I want good examples. And check out my examples, their hosting packages are really attractive.

BMR777
09-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Both of these appear to be nice but are probably not good. They are most likely oversold. Notice how they give you "unlimited" disk space. In the web hosting business "unlimited" does not exist! Once you start to use too many resources then they will suspend your account for sure. :)

BMR777

OceanLove
09-19-2008, 10:07 AM
I see.. They are rated top 10 and some the first in some web hosters rating websites??

What about www.hostgater.com/

BMR777
09-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Hostgator is not for free forum hosting. They will shut down your account once you start to use too much.

Also, some of those website review sites are rigged. The hosts pay to be rated. Also, some sites the uptime monitors are a bit bugged so they don't show true downtime.

BMR777

OceanLove
09-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Hostgator is not for free forum hosting. They will shut down your account once you start to use too much.

Also, some of those website review sites are rigged. The hosts pay to be rated. Also, some sites the uptime monitors are a bit bugged so they don't show true downtime.

BMR777

I'm looking for paid hosting. Hostgater doesn't seem to have unlimited space, but bandwidth yes, which is very common. I have expected that they did their own reviews and stuffs to make their customers believe it, and thats why I was trying to discuss here.. BMR, what hoster did you use then?

BMR777
09-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Unlimited bandwidth is not common, heck, it's very rare! I suggest that you do check out http://freewebspace.net/forum. That's not just free hosts but paid as well. There you can request a host for your specific needs at a specific price. Also let them know you will be offering free forum hosting. Some will be fine with this and some won't be.

BMR777

OceanLove
09-19-2008, 10:22 AM
I see.. But what did you use?

BMR777
09-19-2008, 10:23 AM
I have a couple of hosts. I don't like to tell though because I don't think it is good to have more than one free forum hoster per server. :)

BMR777

Ajof
09-19-2008, 10:55 AM
I have a vps which I'm not using hardly any of it at all, so if you wanted I could offer you some of this space for quite a good price. Contact me if your interested. Also it means if you have any problems with setting up your forum host I can aid you much easier.

Other than that, I did use hostmonster once and didn't stay too long. Their a very big host but from experience I have preferred smaller hosts where I can be talking to only one or a small selection of people when I need support, thus we get to know each other a bit better.

Edit: Scratch that I'm getting confused between hostmonster and hostgator. Apologies.

OceanLove
09-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Lol BMR.. Ajof, then how do you find Hostmonster's service? Good or bad? How much space or bandwidth had you used??

OceanLove
09-20-2008, 03:06 AM
Ok updated. Hosting24, another one. Review it please..

Ajof
09-20-2008, 08:09 AM
Sorry oceanlove, but I edited my post because I realized I was confusing hostmoster with hostgator. Those names are too similar!

OceanLove
09-20-2008, 09:58 AM
I was confused by those 2 too.. =x

So how was their service?

Ajof
09-20-2008, 10:18 AM
I haven't used hostmonster, only hostgator. So I couldn't comment on their service.

OceanLove
09-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Then how do you find HostGator's service?

Ajof
09-20-2008, 10:39 AM
I wan't that impressed. Their a big company so youo can never get to know the people hosting you.

OceanLove
09-20-2008, 10:45 AM
But small companies can hardly be trusted..

Ajof
09-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Depends on the small company, look around for reviews on webhostingtalk.com

OceanLove
09-20-2008, 08:23 PM
I don't like reviews, they can be bought, as what BMR had said.

davidsmith
09-26-2008, 02:29 AM
You can compare the hosting packages here
http://www.hostaz.com/

OceanLove
09-26-2008, 09:29 PM
How about www.hostgator.com? Many people said that they are very reliable??

Ajof
09-27-2008, 07:56 AM
I didn't like em. Too big a company means support isn't so good.

OceanLove
09-27-2008, 10:14 AM
24/7 support, who knows.. And some big companies do give great support :P

Ajof
09-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Well yeah its 24/7 but its not so personal. To the support people your a number. With a smaller host the support people can get to know your needs a lot better and you are generally much more valued to the company as a customer.

OceanLove
09-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah. But a smaller company can go big anytime and its the same eventually. But they should have a lot of staffs right?

andrewbimmer
09-30-2008, 01:47 AM
Even I run an e-commerce site.
DreamHost and Godaddy would be better.

OceanLove
09-30-2008, 10:15 AM
I have quite a few in mind already :)

davidsmith
10-10-2008, 01:19 AM
How about www.hostgator.com? Many people said that they are very reliable??

Hostgator - how much do they charge?
Any idea?

OceanLove
10-10-2008, 04:29 AM
http://www.hostgator.com/shared.shtml

Check it our yourself here. You should as well just click on it!

lupus6x9
10-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Even I run an e-commerce site.
DreamHost and Godaddy would be better.

No offense, but in my opinion, GoDaddy sucks. Big time.

SleepWalker
07-13-2009, 11:43 AM
I use 000webhost.com.I like the Cpanel and the net2ftp file manager.
I make some webpages with the net2ftp file editor.
Plus,it's free.

aroymart
07-13-2009, 02:48 PM
i used justhost.com i have a ton of features and its 30 the first month and 7 every month after that

(note: us dollars)

Fabis94
07-13-2009, 07:28 PM
I'm using JustHost. Really great, 6$ Monthly fee, 24/7 Live support + Email support.
Also Unlimited Bandwidth, Space, Addon domains etc. and you get a free extra domain.

@Aroymart: I used the same, but entered the 50OFF coupon code and it's only 5.95$ Each month for me :P

aroymart
07-13-2009, 11:47 PM
lucky and how did you get the free extra domain? i want one

Bloodrun
07-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Well if its free you want.

www.1free.ws

Seems to have a pretty good set up, its what Ive been using, and with I have been using it for, it hasnt given me any troubles.

Fabis94
07-14-2009, 09:12 PM
lucky and how did you get the free extra domain? i want one

It's actually like this, if you make an account with an existing domain you got before it counts as your free domain (i know that sucks). You actually get a free domain only if you register a new one while making a hosting account.

aroymart
07-15-2009, 10:04 AM
i registered a new domain when i started my site, i dont believe there was someone else who wanted a site named aroymart.com

LucasA33
01-23-2013, 05:50 AM
You need to find a reviewer site, and start there. All I can offer advice for is hostgator. They seem to be the standard for reliabilty and offer plans to get started with for dirt cheap.. Once your site gets popularity, you should try finding methods of getting donations and then upgrade your plan accordingly. You could also go the path of unreliability and free hosting if you want. :)

Nemesis
01-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Where have I been? For the most part I am the leader in providing free hosting for Mysidia Adopt Sites. 99webs.info has been running for two years as a free host and has not failed.
Of course if you want to pay for it you can :happycbig: But do check us out we are ever improving.

I would rate 99webs way better than any other free or paid host. I started out on 000webs myself and it didn't work out. They offer very limited features just to get you to upgrade. at 99webs upgrading isn't an option, one package and its all features! Aside from that 000webs brings your site down to inspect it. When ever I would make major changes or upload a file the site would go down for inspection, pretty lame as you can leave a site up and still inspect it...

As for godaddy and hostgator I did try them both. Hostgator was ridiculous as their egg starter package was 8$ a month. way to expensive for shared hosting. GoDaddy had a better 3.99 economy plan but again was overselling free hosting. When ever I did have problem each time a sent a ticket and got an answer it was a different person. They would even call me just to verify I was the owner. To much hassle just to get some support. To them I was just another client of thousands but to 99webs you are family.

So that's my story. It hasn't been easy but my host is still growing. As a student I have access to servers and I am allowed to use them as I want. There has been tough times, I had to partner with sites on my host to share ad revenue and even force a banner on new sign up sites. But now that the main hosting site is getting steady log in traffic it is having great success with just banners on the main host page so I will takeing the ads off client sites.

LucasA33
01-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Where have I been? For the most part I am the leader in providing free hosting for Mysidia Adopt Sites. 99webs.info has been running for two years as a free host and has not failed.
Of course if you want to pay for it you can :happycbig: But do check us out we are ever improving.

I would rate 99webs way better than any other free or paid host. I started out on 000webs myself and it didn't work out. They offer very limited features just to get you to upgrade. at 99webs upgrading isn't an option, one package and its all features! Aside from that 000webs brings your site down to inspect it. When ever I would make major changes or upload a file the site would go down for inspection, pretty lame as you can leave a site up and still inspect it...

As for godaddy and hostgator I did try them both. Hostgator was ridiculous as their egg starter package was 8$ a month. way to expensive for shared hosting. GoDaddy had a better 3.99 economy plan but again was overselling free hosting. When ever I did have problem each time a sent a ticket and got an answer it was a different person. They would even call me just to verify I was the owner. To much hassle just to get some support. To them I was just another client of thousands but to 99webs you are family.

So that's my story. It hasn't been easy but my host is still growing. As a student I have access to servers and I am allowed to use them as I want. There has been tough times, I had to partner with sites on my host to share ad revenue and even force a banner on new sign up sites. But now that the main hosting site is getting steady log in traffic it is having great success with just banners on the main host page so I will takeing the ads off client sites.

Your site is great, I just didn't prefer your cPanel. For one, it messes and renames all your databases z344049 or something like so... There was other reasons, but I can't seem to jog my memory what else I disliked. :P