PDA

View Full Version : Days Instead of Clicks

alonaria
03-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Eh, this has likely been suggested before. Might as well suggest it anyway. How about for people who want to make the MAS more petsite-like and less adoptable-like there could be a mod to, instead of having pets increase levels (points, etc.), they would increase with days. Dunno what else.

PokePets
03-03-2011, 09:56 AM
You can do this with cronjobs i think?
But the levelup is then useless i think ;s

fadillzzz
03-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Yeah, you can use cron jobs. But when your site gets big and has millions of adoptables, the cron job will take forever to complete!

PokePets
03-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Or your users can visit a page, end then all (or some) their adoptables get day +1
This can be done with a new colum in _users

Knyfe
03-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I think it would also be cool, if like on Dragon Cave, adoptables have a limited time to grow up. (You could combine both by having them almost grow up without clicks, but with clicks they would completely mature and possibly mature faster.)

Kyris
03-04-2011, 11:20 AM
I think another neat thing to add to this is you could have vouchers or something like that to "sell" to the players, which will make the pet grow-up instantly, or even to be "forever" locked in a particular stage for the people who find the baby/teen form much more attractive :usedusedused:

Missy Master
03-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Excellent ideas, something I've wanted for a long time ( I can't do cron jobs, they make me nuts lol ) -- but a way to time births, growing up, all that, with time, would be so valuable to us all in so many ways!

ruletka
06-25-2011, 05:27 AM
You can use cron jobs or php, to change the pets image over time, I don't know how to remove clicks without messing up the adoptable script, but this may create a lead. This is a script I have for my own pet system I made. It makes the adoptables image change.
Just putting it out there as a resource to do this ^^;

This is a image.php?id=3
it shows a pets image depending on the id number of the pet.
You would need to add babyurl , teenurl , adulturl in your speices table..I think you probably already have that but with a diffrent name.
In owned adoptables table you should add
`date` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`fulldate` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`halfdate` varchar(255) NOT NULL,

function greaterDate($dformat, $beginDate, $endDate)
{
$subtract = $endDate - $beginDate;
if($subtract > 0) {
return 1;
}
else {
return 0;
}
}

function p_image($url) {
//edit line below
return './adoptable image dictionary/' . $url;

}
function check(){
//pid is the adoptables id being requested
$pid = mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['id']);
$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `OWNED ADOPTS` WHERE `id` = '{$pid}'");

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_ASSOC))

{
//petid is in owned adopts table, it is the id of the speices adopted.
$results = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `S P E C I E S` WHERE `id` = '{$row['petid']}'");
$pet = mysql_fetch_array($results);

$results2 = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `U S E R S` WHERE `id` = '{$row['owner']}'");
$user = mysql_fetch_array($results2);

if(greaterDate(".", $row['fulldate'], date('Ymd')) > 0) {

$im = p_image($pet[adulturl']);
$image = imagecreatefrompng($im);
header('Content-type: image/png');
return imagepng($image);
return imagedestroy($image);

} elseif(greaterDate(".", $row['halfdate'], date('Ymd')) > 0 && greaterDate(".", $row[fulldate], date('Ymd')) <= 0){

$im = p_image($pet['teenurl']);
return imagepng($image);

} elseif(greaterDate(".", $row['halfdate'], date('Ymd')) <= 0){

$im = p_image($pet['babyurl']);
return imagepng($image);

}
}
}

echo check();

In the file where you adopt your pets, you would add
$date = date('Y/m/d');
$halfdate = date('Ymd') + 7;
$fulldate = date('Ymd') + 13;
Adjust the 7 and 13 however you want..thats the number of days to grow. You simply just add the $date,$halfdate,$fulldate to the sql that insert's the adoptable info into owned adoptables.
Sorry I can't give a mod for this, its just a resource to whomever can complete the job.Keep in mind its not very secure and may need some edits :S