PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing

RoconzaArt
03-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Lately I have been thinking:

"What's the point I don't improve."

I want to get better but I can't find my place as a artist. Am I a fanartist?, do I do may own thing?, Am I less of a artist for doing fan art or will people respect my art if I like to draw pokemon now and then? What is my place as a artist? and will I always be compared to pokemon just because I like it. I have grown tired of being told my art is pokemon like even when it's clearly not meant to be. I feel like a one trick pony that never improves while other shoot pass me. I can't love my work because I feel like people only like my fanart. Even making fanart is not fun when I know it will take center stage compared to my none fanart work. The thing is I don't want to give up doing fanart it's what i love. I want to improve FOR MY SELF not because I want watchers so DO NOT GET ME WRONG. I want to get better but those that mean giving up my style in favor for more serous art? What kind of artist am I? Am I a cartoonist or should I be more detailed and realistic? Which world do I belong? Original artist or fanartist who's original work takes second fiddle to pictures of oshawott?

fadillzzz
03-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Those original artworks on your deviantart are awesome! I love them!
And they don't look like Pokémon or anything like that. And I think you should post some of them here. (Just a little suggestion :smile:)

RoconzaArt
03-18-2011, 12:15 PM
It just get's so discouraging to hear people compare my art to this and that. Thank you for your feed back.

I'm kinda scared to post them for that very reason.

AlexC
03-21-2011, 09:51 AM
we all hope to be original, and it DOES suck when we're compared to stuff. I've been working on one book for two years, and I still get compared to stuff. It's even sad when people are like "this scene reminds me of ___" but I guess it's human nature to make connects. The complete unknown scares many. xD

I would love to see some original art. o: