PDA

View Full Version : I discovered an egg o-o

ChibiMaestro
04-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Okay, me and my dad went to the river today, and found two eggs, one of them was cracked and I could tell it was fertilised, and the other one was perfectly fine... so I took it home.

Any ideas on how to incubate it? At the moment, I've got it wrapped up in a towel with a lamp shining on it.. I don't have any thing like a heat mat etc, but I do have a heater (for tanks and stuff)? o-o

Help?

Zero(Skyter)
04-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Keep the egg warm, use some fabric sheets, but at least one times of the day, uncover it.

PokePets
04-14-2011, 02:59 AM
Maybe a Pokémon :O
Joke :P, no I guess a ducky =D

ChibiMaestro
04-14-2011, 04:22 AM
Lol PokePets :D POKEMON >:3 Yeah, I think it's a duck too :D

I've got it kept under a lamp, I tried placing it in a container and floating it in my guppy tank (because the water's pretty warm lol xD), it does keep it warm :)

I HOPE IT SURVIVES! :D

PokePets
04-14-2011, 05:00 AM
Well, my bunnys got yesterday 5 Babys!
=D

elfhome
04-14-2011, 08:52 AM
The thing with eggs is that humidity, being turned, being free of bacteria matter a lot in addition to heat. I don't think it has much of a chance at this point.

I would candle it to see if there is anything in there. If it isn't fertile at all or the embryo has died there isn't much of a point in bothering with it.

ChibiMaestro
04-14-2011, 01:18 PM
I have searched, and from the information I gathered, I think it's at day two, and you can't find out if it's fertile until day 7-ish.

But at least I'm trying :D

Nemesis
04-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Sit on it! and make sure you're the first thing it sees when it hatches for the imprint!

ChibiMaestro
04-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Lol xD No, if I sit on it, it'll probably crack, eggs are delicate :P

I'm going to keep it warm with various things.... *brainstorms*

Nemesis
04-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Put a bird on it? Portlandia reference..

ChibiMaestro
04-15-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't have a bird o-o

Zero(Skyter)
04-15-2011, 07:39 PM
So make sure you're aways near the egg

ChibiMaestro
04-16-2011, 05:08 AM
Yupp :)

And today I found that two of my tadpoles are missing and the three others are injured... I suspect my guppies >.< Anyway, I'm quarantining the tadpoles, hope they get better :) They were living peacefully for 2 & 1/2 days... and this happens >.<

Nemesis
04-16-2011, 11:13 AM
I had gold fish have babies was awesome. And then the parents ate them :catfish: as if we didn't feed them daily.

Tequila
04-16-2011, 12:32 PM
I have something better than an egg...

Several turkey eggs! (We traded two bunnies and seven chickens for two turkeys, I love farm life!)

We also have found one litter of three kits that aren't more than a week old. One insisted on pets this afternoon as well. :meow:

ChibiMaestro
04-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Nem (can I call you that? XD), 'tis natural since goldfish eat loads xD They'd eat anything (well try to) that would fit in their mouths xD When I was cleaning out my guppy tank, I placed the guppies in a container that floated in the spare tank where the goldfish was (I was cleaning out the goldfish tank too), little did I know that the container had a hole... it sunk and they tried to eat the guppies. Luckily none got eaten :P SUPER FAST GUPPIES FTW! >:3

Nyx (can I call you that too? XD) failed :D Turkey eggs are eggs :P Lol.

Two bunnies and seven chickens?! Is it worth it? Because that's 9 animals for 2 animals o-o But idk xD

I really want to live on a farm, but like a private one where I only have them as pets xD

And... three kits? :O You make me jealous... and my mum & dad went to the market today, they bought some duck eggs o-o They don't know if they're organic but they agreed that I'm allowed to incubate them for 7 days to check if they're fertilised, and if any of them aren't fertilised, then they'd eat them lol. :D

DUCKIES ARE CUTE. And I hope the duck that I found near the river is a mallard duck 'cause they're adorable... and I heard that ducks are very social animals... what happens if it hatches, but I don't have any other ducks? :O

Corona
04-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Aw dude that's awesome *highfive* I used to have a duck and we put a diaper on it and it would run around the house with it on xD
I released it when it got older, though.

ChibiMaestro
04-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Lol, diaper, that's a pretty good idea :P
Releasing isn't good if you hand raised it since it will be used to humans and won't know how to forage for food and stuff, so if it hatches and lives to be an adult, I'm going to clip its wings so it can't fly away. I don't want to risk it starving/freezing to death because it wasn't raised in the wild.

Tequila
04-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Nyx (can I call you that too? XD) failed :D Turkey eggs are eggs :P Lol.

Two bunnies and seven chickens?! Is it worth it? Because that's 9 animals for 2 animals o-o But idk xD

I really want to live on a farm, but like a private one where I only have them as pets xD

And... three kits? :O You make me jealous... and my mum & dad went to the market today, they bought some duck eggs o-o They don't know if they're organic but they agreed that I'm allowed to incubate them for 7 days to check if they're fertilised, and if any of them aren't fertilised, then they'd eat them lol. :D

DUCKIES ARE CUTE. And I hope the duck that I found near the river is a mallard duck 'cause they're adorable... and I heard that ducks are very social animals... what happens if it hatches, but I don't have any other ducks? :O

I don't mind. :3 And the bunnies were in danger of the pot since they were the bad ones. :3 We still have like ten chickens left and I know we're thinking about hatching more (again).

And yes, three kits. Soft fuzzy little hissy fits... One got lost from mom in the box and I put it back, but it hissed at me in the baby hiss... *squee*

ChibiMaestro
04-16-2011, 03:03 PM
And the bunnies were in danger of the pot since they were the bad ones. :3

o-o The pot?

AND I AM HATING MY SNAILIES RIGHT NOW >.< o-o They laid two batches of eggs in 4 days I kept them.... I'm going to get my dad to release them back to the pond now... o-o THEY ARE ANNOYING ME... and I actually think my tadpoles do a better job of cleaning my tank... one of the snails, yesterday, was on the other side of the tank wall... and I was like "How did it get there?!" so yeah, I DUN LIKE WATER SNAILS...

Tequila
04-17-2011, 08:08 AM
o-o The pot?

One was actually bred to be a meat bunny. *sage nod* It is true, people do cook them, it's not just in fantasy novels. :catfish:

ChibiMaestro
04-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Oh o-o

Also, have you hatched eggs before? If so, please give me some advice on it :P

Tequila
04-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Try looking on farm sites for advice. I usually just check on the incubator while we're working on them.

What color is the egg?

ChibiMaestro
04-17-2011, 10:21 AM
I personally think the egg won't hatch o-o but idk xD

Anyway, it's grey-green o-o

Corona
04-17-2011, 01:50 PM
:colonu: I got that kinda egg in mai refrigerator. Dun ask me how I got it, my parents went to some chinese market. :|

ChibiMaestro
04-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Lol xD
Colour doesn't affect if it's fertile or not.
My mum and dad bought some duck eggs yesterday from the market, they're really white and big compared to the egg I found :P

Nemesis
04-17-2011, 10:36 PM
could always make a good omelet:OHSHITALION:

Hall of Famer
04-18-2011, 02:30 AM
How big is the egg? Did you take it to an expert to examine what is inside this egg? You better hope it is not a baby snake. XD

ChibiMaestro
04-18-2011, 05:02 AM
Nemesis: ... >.<
Hoffie: Egg is small compared to a duck egg from the market... I don't think it's a snake 'cause when I found the egg, there was another egg (the same type), but it was cracked and I saw a 'lil baby chick in it o-o

Zero(Skyter)
04-22-2011, 01:11 PM
HoF: it's not a snake, snake eggs are kind of slimy.
Chibi: I've never seen agreen egg before o-o

elfhome
04-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Eggs come in all sorts of colors. Chickens typically can lay green, blue, brown or white, but plenty of wild birds have colored eggs.

These are very pretty:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/36/Murre_Eggs.jpg

Examples of Colors:
http://people.eku.edu/ritchisong/554images/bird_eggs2.jpg

ChibiMaestro
04-23-2011, 04:15 AM
o-o
The egg I found is as big as a chicken egg, the colour of the 4th one on the top row, but slightly darker (2nd image), shaped like a chicken egg xD

kitty08
10-28-2011, 05:18 AM
did it hatches ?:3