PDA

View Full Version : good webhosting

Nemesis
04-14-2011, 09:42 PM
What I got:

I am able to help you guys, if your interested, with cheap and reliable hosting; because I acquired a web server at a great price. I am able to offer shared hosting at just a 1.99$ for 1gb space and 5gb transfer. then 2gb space and 10gb transfer for 2.99$ and so forth... I will also offer free hosting and sub domain for really small sites that are under construction and not in ready to launch mode.

Why for you:

I found it hard myself to find a good host and that they can be tricky. while some hosts claim unlimited even tho that's not possible and charge high prices like 7.99$ others i think don't have small enough packages like 4.99 but you get 100gb... which who needs that much. Free hosts like 000webs i have found to be unreliable, slow, small uploads, downtime, always checking your content, limited features. I will be very lenient too as im not interested in making money so if you need extra space or bandwidth we can easily work it out.

Why for me:

for me this is a learning experiencing as i plan on eventually working in a computer related fields with lots of data and clients.

How:

As I am a computer science major a good friend of mine that owns some web servers and offered me a dedicated server at wholesale price, and I can even use his software rv site builder and fantastico.

For the developers:
for the developers i would like to help out by offering free hosting for their sites and forums that pertain to the script. Though im unsure of your space and bandwidth requirements and you may already have a better hosting deal, so Hall of Famer if you are interested please let me know your server requirements as of now and i'll see if it'd be possible :happyc:

note: Again I am fairly new to web hosting and this will be a learning experience so if you know better please tell me!

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Nemesis
04-15-2011, 09:24 PM
ahh ok no one interested..

Tequila
04-16-2011, 10:23 AM
It's ok, I'm getting little to no sign ups as well. :3

Nemesis
04-16-2011, 11:03 AM
you have web server too? Well I have some peers in a computer class and since we are going to be working with sql databases in a couple of weeks there glad i can offer them it :)

im still waiting on my friend to set the server up and im getting the site set up.

Tequila
04-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Yep, I'm w/ HoldFire on their Beta Reseller plan. It's like $20 a month, but that's a lot better than what I paid at HostGator.

Nemesis
04-16-2011, 12:21 PM
umm want me to talk to my friend cause i get 100gb (ban 150gb) and free site builder and fantastico. and cheaper :)

Tequila
04-16-2011, 01:39 PM
I use two services (Surnaturelle for my personal sites, they don't allow a lot of things that are used with the MysAdopts script) and HoldFire. I don't use much right now, but if it gets to much I can upgrade or even look at dedicated servers.

I'm not worried yet, but I wouldn't mind knowing where else would be good in the future. :3

Nemesis
04-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Our site is ready to go technical wise (we can recieve orders and have them up instantly) we just need to add images, fix links, and finish forum so check out http://99webs.info/ to try us out risk free. and http://99webs.info/forum/index.php is our forum. thank you :)

Hall of Famer
04-18-2011, 02:27 AM
Well I am actually looking for a good VPS hosting that cost around $40-60 a month. This way I can move both of my pokemon site/forum/projects and this Mysidia Adoptables to one single host, it is easier to manage this way. I plan to register the main domain mysidiainc.com if possible.

Nemesis
04-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Thank you for posting that, I have one dedicated server and I am only specializing in shared hosting or low recourse using sites. However my friend that works at this database may be able to help you too. And I'm sure I can get him to cut a deal too :) I'll get back with you.

Edit: I could install virtuzzo and dedicated half my server to you, let you try that. Has my hosting site grows I will specialize in vps eventually.

Edit2: I think better yet give me as much info you can on your sites usages and I believe we (my friend) has a package more around $30.

Hall of Famer
04-18-2011, 08:19 PM
umm I am more interested in a list of VPS hosting companies with reviews/comments from users rather than purchasing from your friends. Sorry if I wasnt clear before.

Nemesis
04-18-2011, 09:33 PM
I see.. well are you sure you will need a vps though? I havent seen your other sites but those are for sites that need dedicated resources. Most hosts allow for multiple domains. I know of a dedicated server for 21.99 too if you really need it.

Hall of Famer
04-19-2011, 01:05 AM
umm a dedicated server for $21.99? Sounds appealing, would you provide some detailed information about it such as disk storage, monthly bandwidth and so on?

fadillzzz
04-19-2011, 06:03 AM
I see.. well are you sure you will need a vps though? I havent seen your other sites but those are for sites that need dedicated resources. Most hosts allow for multiple domains. I know of a dedicated server for 21.99 too if you really need it.

Seems a little too cheap for a dedi server.
I would also like to know about this...

Nemesis
04-19-2011, 01:35 PM
the server is currently shared by 4 people... im brining the owner here to make sure information is relayed correctly...

PokePets
04-21-2011, 02:48 AM
My website is now placed there :)
*testing*

Anything looks good, also the support ;D

Nemesis
04-21-2011, 07:17 AM
sorry for the delay on the server specs, but i haven't seen him on skype. I have been pretty busy though with the end of school and i guess he is busy too.

Thanks for the little testimonial pokepets, there are 5 admins there total now, all volunteer and either a computer science major or web development and design. It was interesting because we all were able to contribute something to fix the minor issues with moving poke pets site. Also we allow free hosting for sites under construction not using more than 100mb of bandwidth for any package, payments will be waived and accounts validated so risk free trials are available!