PDA

View Full Version : phpbb integration

Chibi_Chicken
07-02-2011, 06:38 AM
So I thought I would share some of my chicken scratching with you about getting a forum install with Mysidia.
Back when it was just Rusnak I was able to integrate the forums user logins, it has been a little trickier for me with the
updated scripts but I love me some google'n problem fixing. This is what I have so far.

looking at
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=719055
as the starting off point and looking in to
http://startrekguide.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=9456&start=0
lead me to this as a possible solution.

first I built a page in the root folder called phpbb.php

<?php
define('IN_PHPBB', true);
$phpbb_root_path = (defined('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH')) ? PHPBB_ROOT_PATH : './phpbb3/';
$phpEx = substr(strrchr(__FILE__, '.'), 1);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.' . $phpEx);
include("inc/functions.php");
include("inc/bbcode.php");

// Start session management
$user->session_begin();
$auth->acl($user->data);
$user->setup();
?>

Then I edited every adoptable page replacing the old includes to
include("phpbb3.php")
From their if I wanted to check if the user is logged on(from any of the adopt pages)

if ($user->data['user_id'] == ANONYMOUS)
{
echo = 'Please login!';
}

else
{
echo = 'Thanks for logging in, ' . $user->data['username_clean'];
}

If I wanted to run that same code from a function I would need to just set the global variable $user.
That is what I have so far I am unsure if I just want a 'lite' integration where it just checks if the the user is logged in or more like the "phpBB3 Website Integration Framework."
I installed that to the adopt script and got the index page to load up but their would be a lot of editing involved to make it full work with Mysidia.

Hall of Famer
07-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Nice tutorial, Chibi_chicken. I remember Kaeliah had a phpbb bridge on her old site, wonder if the mechanism was the same as yours. I am sure this will help many members here!

Chibi_Chicken
07-02-2011, 09:40 PM
I hope it does. I think forums are one of the missing elements of this script. either a plug in or a built in one so people can have a place to show off their pets and the owner can interact with them as a group.

Hall of Famer
07-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Well a sample forum script is planned for Mys v1.3.0, but integration with existing forum softwares is definitely appreciated since many members have forums of their own already and may not wish to use a built-in forum engine. Not mentioning its almost impossible for the built-in forum to function as perfectly as vbulletin.

AlkseeyaKC
07-04-2011, 12:49 AM
Man I am not sure if I should try to use this tutorial or wait for v1.3.0. Thank you so much for posting this though! =3 I'm considering it.

Chibi_Chicken
07-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Depends on how much work you want to do. :p
altering these would get your uses to only need one log in for both sites.
logincheck()
getsidebar()
forgotpass.php
login.php
logout.php
account.php
Still would need to decide how to alter the registering of new users.

Hall of Famer
07-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Well perhaps it will be compatible with Mys v1.3.0, you have to try it to figure out. XD

Chibi_Chicken
07-04-2011, 06:05 PM
So with the next update the login functions will be different then?
I would assume so since their is going to be more security.

Lopels
10-24-2011, 08:01 PM
does this make it where ur members don't have to re-register on the forums?