PDA

View Full Version : custom adoptable term?

AlexC
07-17-2011, 10:14 AM
I was thinking, how in the ACP we can set the currency term, so instead of us having to edit everything on the site, we can just do it once, and it changes everywhere on the site.

Maybe for 1.3, wouldn't it be better to do this for adoptables? I've noticed that it's really hard to go over hundreds of lines of coding to find every mention of the term "adoptable" and set it to "rat".

If we could set this in the ACP, then it would speed up the time it takes for someone to edit and then launch a site, as well as that we wouldn't have to redo the site every time it's upgraded... >.>

just my two cents. I bet I'm not the only one who thinks this would be nice - it'd be a snap to code.

Nemesis
07-17-2011, 10:43 AM
that is a good suggestion, I have always used the browser find function though. ctl+f.

AlexC
07-17-2011, 12:24 PM
yeah, but you still need to do it quite often.

Hall of Famer
07-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Umm this is a very interesting suggestion, I will consider. Thanks for bringing it up.

AlexC
07-18-2011, 10:29 AM
you're welcome~ I think it'll be easy?

Plague
07-27-2011, 08:34 AM
That is a splendid idea as I've run into this myself. I use the find function in Notepad or Programmers Notepad, but it's still a bit of a pain. This would definitely be a welcomed improvement to the script.