PDA

View Full Version : Question about webhosts

xXSparrowXx
08-05-2011, 03:29 PM
I downloaded MAS and I'm currently just confused about how to use it. I used to have a little graphics site where I posted banners and such. I use webs, however, to download multiple files you need to be a premium member and I don't want to pay for it every month. Theirs to many files for me to want to upload them all one by one.

What's a good web host for this?

I've seen the gemstone hosting by Nemesis and don't really know if its safe. Call me a paranoid freek but the email said it was unsafe. I did PM asking him about it, but I also want to know of other possibilitys.

I used My Adopts.com but I'm rather unfond of it. Theres to much down time and lack of freedom. I really need to get this up and going ASAP. Thank you!

Nemesis
08-06-2011, 03:01 PM
My hosting is completely safe and we currently are running 18 adopt scripts and couple other sites. We still have plenty of room to grow and I did answer the email question but for the public's sake.

I had to add the email verification because I was getting to many sign ups probably from bots adding domains that were hosted elsewhere probably to increase SEO or something.

The email itself is just a simple link to click to validate your email which I am unsure of how to make it not seem as spam. I apologize for this and if anyone is still having problems contact me and i should be able to get your account validated.

And sparrow you are right in trusting your email client's protection protocols but remember computers make mistakes. If you have Avast it should of screeened the email and stoped any virus in its tracks, second you could check the validation link, and third never reply or give out any personal information which isn't asked for. then you know its just a mistake.