PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for default Item functions

Hall of Famer
08-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Well for now I've planned five default item functions for Mys v1.3.0:

1. Key Items: They cannot be purchased, sold or tossed, such unique quality makes Key items ideal candidate to be integrated with explore/event system.
2. Level Items: The level items can raise your adoptables' levels by as many as you want. Level items are consumable items, and thus the quantity decreases by 1 each time they are used.
3. Click Items: The click items can raise your adoptable's total clicks by as many as you want, the adoptable will gain a new level if its number of clicks reach required minimum clicks for next level. Click items are consumable items too.
4. Breeding Items: The breeding items can eliminate breeding gauge for your adoptables, thus your adoptables will be readily available to breed again even if they have just bred a few secs ago. Breeding items are also consumable items.
5. Alts Items: The alts items can be used to switch between your adoptable's primary and alternate form. Apparently, such items are qualified as consumable items.

If you have suggestions for more possible default item functions, please post in this thread so I will notice. Thank you so much for your attention, hope you all enjoy the upcoming itemshop.

sensacion
08-26-2011, 10:22 PM
xD add Evoultion System for this new version :D and later battle system xD :P

Hall of Famer
08-26-2011, 11:06 PM
Well evolution system is not a default feature itself, so evolution item function will be made as a Mod together with evolution system after the release of Mys v1.3.0. Battle system, umm, it will eventually be done I guess.

sensacion
08-26-2011, 11:38 PM
I thought it was an integration for the next version like you said your here:
http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2235&highlight=evolution+system

Hall of Famer
08-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Well what I was saying is that I would be making a Mys v1.2.x compatible evolution system. It should be available in a few days from now, sorry for the delay.

sensacion
08-27-2011, 12:10 AM
xD, Do not worry, take the time you want brother

SilverDragonTears
08-27-2011, 12:23 AM
this sounds neat =)

Hall of Famer
08-27-2011, 03:43 AM
Thanks for your support. And just a reminder, Mys v1.2.3 will be released on Sunday Aug, 28th, 2011. It is by definition a true security release since it resolves most of the security glitches in previous versions by manipulating advanced password encryption, and fixing other script flaws(such as while loop runs only once, this was present before I took this script from BMR but I never paid attention until this summer) to improve performance. It should be possible to upgrade from Mys v1.2.2 directly(but not from older releases).

TheShadow
08-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Gender swap items perhaps?

Hall of Famer
08-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Gender swap is a quite easy thing to do, thanks for your suggestion and I will see if it is a good idea to have that.

PTGigi
08-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Yay suggestions :3 MA has a thread like this, you may want to check it out (http://www.myadopts.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2497) for some ideas. :D I'll pull out a few goods ones since the topic is fairly long

And I agree with the gender swap :3

Randomo ideas:
-Reset (ie level 0, clicks 0)(I ran a poll once on an old MA site that I had and a surprising number of people liked that idea O: )
-Items that have no purpose, only meant to be sold
-Going to quote cuz it's a lot XD -The admin can set a chance for the item to do nothing. So if you bought an item that gives your pet 10 click there could be a small chance that it won't work.
-On the flip-side there could be a rare chance that the item is amplified. So using the same 10 click item it might actually give you pet 20 clicks!
-Another idea is you could set and item to have two 'outcomes'. Similar to the alt adoptables now. An item could raise your click level or decrease the level?
-Also you could have the item set-up like the adoptable set-up now. With the Promo Code, Money/Free, # Limits, etc. http://www.myadopts.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif So people may have to find the promo code for the items or they may be able to only purchase 2 of an item.-Instant max level
-Here another quote I picked out:What if only adopts of a certain level could use an item? For example, a lv.2 pet can't put on a lv. 5 item! Or a Lv. 1 pet can't use a lv. 3 potion or such.-Pet backgrounds (not sure if this is possible XD)
-Another quote XD You could create and cure illnesses or turn your pet into an entirely different creature, corrupt/purify it, etc.

Interesting stuffs I pulled from that topic :3

Hall of Famer
08-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Well I am replying to Gigi's post now, it seems that she has some interesting ideas to share.

Reset Clicks/Levels: This can be done easily, I will add it for Mys v1.3.0 now that you asked.
Items that serve no purpose but to be sold: It is already available for the itemshop script I made. Such items are called valuable items, you usually get them by using exploration system and then sell for money.
Instant Max Level: Similar to Reset Clicks/Levels, just a different extreme I guess. Will add it for Mys v1.3.0 too.
Level-based Restriction: Sounds like a good idea, it is quite similar to species or usergroup-based restriction, I will give a try.
Chances of items taking effect: I like it, will give a try too for Mys v1.3.0 prior to its official release.
Chances of amplifying item effect: This should not be difficult, but I do not see a point of including it in an official release. May consider this as a Mod if demand is high.
Alternative outcomes for items: Good idea, it may be a tedious(not difficult) to handle for Mys v1.3.0, but I will consider for future releases.
Limits: Chibi suggested the feature of item promo code, I will add this soon.
Pet background: Umm this may be difficult, since it will need to merge the background and pet image. I personally never tried that before, but Anna has done that with her breeding script. I will see if it will work nicely.
Create/Cure Illness: Well this is planned for future releases of Mys v1.3.x series, since we will need an adoptables status/sickness system as prerequisite. Good point btw.
Turn your adoptables into different species: This is just like an evolution system, isnt it? I will release an updated version of adoptables evolution script following the release of Mys v1.3.0, and evolution items will be part of that Mod.
Corrupt/Purify Adoptables: Dont understand what that is, mind elaborating?

Cindykt
08-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Items that let you upload a custom pet image? :3

PTGigi
08-30-2011, 01:50 AM
Well I am replying to Gigi's post now, it seems that she has some interesting ideas to share.

Pet background: Umm this may be difficult, since it will need to merge the background and pet image. I personally never tried that before, but Anna has done that with her breeding script. I will see if it will work nicely.
Turn your adoptables into different species: This is just like an evolution system, isnt it? I will release an updated version of adoptables evolution script following the release of Mys v1.3.0, and evolution items will be part of that Mod.
Corrupt/Purify Adoptables: Dont understand what that is, mind elaborating?
Pet Background I assumed it might be difficult seeing as very few other adoptables sites have a feature like that (I can only think of two off the top of my head O.o). But an idea is an idea XD
Different Species I believe the suggestion more entailed changing the species entirely. Similar to how on VDex if you have a Ditto and use a Metronome on it the Ditto will turn into a random Pokemon. Something not evolution based though, coding-wise, I guess it does sound very much like evolution except it would have multiple outcomes of what it could turn the creature into. So in that case it just seems better to give "evolution" items the ability to have more outcomes. :3
Corrupt/Purify I believe the user who posted that was going on something similar to the sick/cure items, except it would change it to a new image to display the new effect. So, in that case, I'd think it'd be an item that just changes the pet's image to another one. Giving the effect that your pet has become "corrupted" or "cleansed". It could also be used for many other things, similiar to Neopet's Paintbrushes or whatnot. :3

Chibi_Chicken
08-30-2011, 03:45 AM
An item that lets the user change their name.
an item that would would give out a random promo code from a list you have per-set.

Hall of Famer
08-30-2011, 12:00 PM
@ Gigi: I see, thanks for bringing these up to me. I believe many of the request features will be added for Mys v1.3.0, while others may be available in future releases or as Public/Premium Mod.

And, an item that changes an adoptable into a different species...Lemme think about it then, still believe item based evolution can achieve the same purpose.

@ Chibi_Chicken:
An item that allows users to change their usernames? Should the item be a consumable item(that its quantity decreases by 1 each time used) or not?

Chibi_Chicken
08-30-2011, 06:41 PM
I would suggest it be a consumable item and along the same lines build an item that lets user change their pets names, so they can use some of that money they have been saving up.

Nemesis
08-31-2011, 09:16 PM
Cyanide pills to put down your pets! Definitely consumable but available in bulk.

But on a more serious note pet deletion/release items? Admin could call it w/e lol :D

Teshia
08-31-2011, 09:24 PM
An item that changes your pet's image to an alternate (like zombies).

Hall of Famer
08-31-2011, 09:49 PM
@ Chibi_Chicken: Alright, I will take a look into these. It seems that users can change the names of their pets at any time for now.

@ Nemesis: Are you referring to the disabled feature to kill pets? Also pet release can be achieved with the pound feature, unless you want pound adoptables to be globally turned off and only users with pet release items can pound their adoptables.

@ Teshia: I believe alt image change is already available:

5. Alts Items: The alts items can be used to switch between your adoptable's primary and alternate form. Apparently, such items are qualified as consumable items.

If you have a different suggestion regarding alternate image items, please lemme know.

Linkin-Dreamer
09-01-2011, 12:47 PM
You make me want 1.3.0 all the more :catfish:

Hall of Famer
09-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks for your support Linkin. And yeah, the itemshop is the major new addition of Mys v1.3.x series compared to its successor, even though other features such as user profile redesign with tabs and WYSIWYG text editor are quite nice to have too.

AlexC
09-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Will there be any items that have "bad" affects - for example, if we don't explain what effect the items will take and then perhaps people will lose clicks or levels if they feed their pets the wrong foods? I don't plan on saying in the item descriptions which foods will give your pet more health - or clicks. I was hoping there would be some where if they fed their pets the wrong foods (foods you shouldn't feed rats), they'd lose clicks.

Sorry if this has already been suggested. xD

RoconzaArt
09-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Suggestions if not already mentioned:

No mate Breeding item: A item that produces a egg with out the need of o a mate.

Example: I use the item on a "dog" to produce a puppy with out the need of a mate.

Item A on pet makes Item B: Using a item on a pet to produce a spellable item.

Examples: Use Item "shears" on Pet "sheep" to produce spellable wool.

using item on item: Using a item to turn a item to some thing different.

Hall of Famer
09-22-2011, 04:43 PM
No mate Breeding item: A item that produces a egg with out the need of o a mate.

Example: I use the item on a "dog" to produce a puppy with out the need of a mate.

This is definitely doable, I will add it to my to-do list for item functions. Thanks for bringing it up...

Item A on pet makes Item B: Using a item on a pet to produce a spellable item.

Examples: Use Item "shears" on Pet "sheep" to produce spellable wool.

using item on item: Using a item to turn a item to some thing different.
Umm this is like an alchemy system I had in mind before, which generates a different item if two or multiple items are mixed together. I am most likely going to release it as a Mod for Mys v1.3.x in future, check it out by then.

Pyrkagias
09-22-2011, 05:37 PM
This is not really a suggestion for an item, but what if some items could only be bought by a certain usergroup?

That would be really useful. :P

RoconzaArt
09-24-2011, 06:46 AM
What about the "Item A on pet makes Item B" idea?

I mean using a item on pet to get a item. Like using the item shears to get a spellable item like wool from a sheep adoptable once a day or week.

http://wishvault.ign.com/images/Client/prop.generic.shears.leather.png + http://icons.iconseeker.com/png/128/farm/sheep-1.png= http://wakfu.gamerescape.com/wiki/images/wakfu/0/0b/Gobball_Wool.png

Abronsyth
10-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Accessory items?
So a user could purchase the item(s), then go to a pet's page and there's a link that says "Add Items to Pet" and the user can see all of the items that they own, and simply drag those items over to the pet, then save it that way?

...Huh, just realized my idea is pretty much just how the item feature on chickensmoothie.com works...so much for my attempt at an idea XD

Rosie-Girl-12-
10-08-2011, 04:32 PM
This would be a great idea, and I'd love it as a feature. :3

Lopels
10-24-2011, 07:52 PM
I like these and cannot wait to install this into my site!! Prepared and ready for it Hall!

AlexC
01-08-2012, 02:16 PM
I know this thread is a bit old, but I've got a question - with the item shop, will we be allowed to "drop" items on our sites - so our members can find them on certain pages and pick them up? Or can we only give items through the store?

Hall of Famer
01-09-2012, 01:02 PM
umm users can drop items by clicking the 'Toss' button at inventory.php page. I have not coded a script to enable users to pick up dropped items, it should not be difficult to accomplish though since the idea should work out in a similar way as Pound script.

For now the only way to obtain items is through itemshop, but this will change in future. When a battle system is available in Mys v1.5.x, admins should be able to assign items dropped by enemies. I coded a quiz system for my Pokemansion site, in which users receive fishing rod by completing fishing quizzes.

So yeah, you can do whatever you want to extend the item/itemshop system with PHP programming.

AlexC
01-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Alright, I was just wondering. I'm not that good at coding, so I wasn't sure if it was going to be added or not... I made my own explore system, so I just want to be able to have a small code that when people visit a certain page, an item is added to their inventory.

Hall of Famer
01-10-2012, 12:05 PM
I see, this should not be difficult at all. You simply have to modify the database sql table that stores items for users whenever someone is supposed to receive or lose an item by accessing the explore page. I will show you an example someday after the itemshop is released together with Mys v1.3.0.

AlexC
01-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Alright, thanks - examples are awesome. xD

Hall of Famer
01-14-2012, 07:43 AM
No worries, you just need to play with basic control loops in PHP in order to accomplish this. Knowledge of If...else, Switch...case, while and for loops should be sufficient, assuming you are comfortable with PHP variables and HTML forms.

Bibarel
01-14-2012, 09:21 AM
HOF, v1.3.0 gonna be awesome, i can't wait :jay: