PDA

View Full Version : Version 3?

AlexC
09-08-2011, 07:04 PM
I was just wondering (and this may be posted somewhere on the site and I haven't realized) when Version 1.3.0 of the script was going to be released? I have been working on overhauling my site to prepare to install it on the new script, but I haven't actually set anything up yet, and I look forward to the new script.

Even just a rough timeframe? Six months? December? If I'm being too picky, just wave me off~

Hall of Famer
09-09-2011, 05:13 AM
Well we do not really know when Mys v1.3.0 will be released at this point, especially with me in my senior year of college life. A reasonable guess is somewhere between 2-5 months. There's no guarantee that it will be available in December, but we'd definitely speed up the progress in December as Christmas/Winter break arrives and school ends. The new version should be available no later than the beginning of next Spring semester, unless some serious glitchs are discovered and need to be fixed the hard way.

AlexC
09-09-2011, 05:35 AM
Alright, thank you very much. ^.^ So by the end of the semester, hopefully.

Hall of Famer
09-09-2011, 05:48 AM
Yeah its most likely that Mys v1.3.0 will be available between the end of Fall semester and beginning of Spring semester. Keep in mind that we will need to beta-test the script for days or even weeks before a stable public release. We have to do this to prevent the same mistake from happening for Mys v1.2.0.

AlexC
09-09-2011, 02:50 PM
alright, I'll keep that in mind~

Hall of Famer
09-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Well also this is Mys v1.3.0, not Mys v3. Mys v3 by definition is Mys v3.0.0, which I do not even know if I will live long enough to see it being released. XD

AlexC
09-09-2011, 02:55 PM
I know that, I added that in the first post~ I just said version three in the title. xD

also, I have a question - will there ever be "food" items for the script, with hunger and so forth?

Hall of Famer
09-09-2011, 03:16 PM
umm food items? Well I am coding one for my Pokemansion site. It will be rather difficult for Mys at this moment since it will require users to manually set up cronjobs to have their pets hunger values diminish every X hours. I am afraid most of you cant set up cronjobs on your own, so a public release is not a feasible idea. I may release it as a MOD for those who are particularly interested.

AlexC
09-09-2011, 05:37 PM
alright then - I was just wondering, because most of the items I had choosen for my site were food related ones. I could always use them with clicks though... gain a certain amount of clicks by feeding your rat "good" food and get clicks removed by feeding your rat "bad" food.