PDA

View Full Version : log in error - after new installation

draugluin
10-31-2011, 09:40 AM
Hi there...

I've dowloaded the newest mysidia script and installed it at another scriptpath as the old version (very very old from rusniak)
But I use the old database (to keep the old adoptables, the old users and so on)

... but now I could'nt log in anymore :cfrown:

does anyone now, why ?
Maybe the problem based on the encrypt ?

Help, please.... How can I solve this ??????

I try to change the passwords manually, but no success.... :(

*eek* and as I try to register, I get this error:

Something is very, very wrong. Please contact us about this error.

Inf3rnal
10-31-2011, 10:17 AM
Did you run the encrypt admin password on the last page of the installer/upgrader?

draugluin
10-31-2011, 10:27 AM
yes, I have.

and I think, that THIS is the problem, so that all "cryptet" passwords in the database are now "wrong" ??

Tequila
10-31-2011, 12:15 PM
I ran into this as well. Try resetting your password through the phpMyAdmin in your cPanel. Log in with the new password and reset in the account.php page.

Let me know if that works!

draugluin
11-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Hi Nyxi,

thank you for your answer.
Öhmm.... Maybe I'm a little bit blind... I could't find, where I can reset my password at the admin CP. :wutno:

Is there another way to "rescue" the passwords of all my user ?
I want to copy the old (working) database to the new database.

Tequila
11-01-2011, 08:05 AM
It'll be the cPanel on you web host. :3

After that set up a form requesting username and e-mail, then assign and send out new passwords an a reminder to change it st yoursite.ext/account.php

draugluin
11-01-2011, 08:21 AM
ahhhmm... I shall reset the password for the hole database ???

but ... maybe we missunderstood *smirk*

I try to explain... (sorry, english is not my first language)

In the old database is the "cryptet" password for my account "xf123..."
I've installed all the things at a new direction on a new server, with a new "salt code"
I copied the database to the new one and now looks the same password "34dcv..." and I can't log in.

And it's not possible, to copy all the users with their (cryptet) passwords to the new database, because it's not possible, to log in.

draugluin
11-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Okay, now I know, my old passwords are encrypted with MD5.

How can I persuade my new database, to use this too ? :colonu::colonu::colonu:

Or the other way around: how can I set the new database, so that it encrypt the passwords at the same way ?
The only thing I want is, that I can copy the old encryptet passwords to the new database, so that it works.... every user should be supposed to log in at the new site.
*sigh*

Inf3rnal
11-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Just have them use the "Change Password Feature"
It's not too much of a hassle to do so.

Hopefully something down the line will fix this encryption issues but the best bet would be just having them change passwords so they get encrypted properly.

draugluin
11-01-2011, 03:11 PM
But there's no way to log in at the moment.
And ... something is wrong with the "forgot password" ... I've tried it, but no success, there's no mail.
yes, I've checked the spam... nothing.

mmmmmhhh..... :angrygrin:

Hall of Famer
11-03-2011, 12:52 AM
The error 'Something is very, very wrong' is generated when the database structure of table prefix.users does not match with the mysql insert query in register.php. I am sure your table prefix.users structure is completely different from Mys v1.2.3's. This may be the cause of your problem. Also its a bad practice to replace all your old files with new script files without looking at your database structure. You may be experiencing similar problems with creating and adopting pets too since I do not believe the database structures are compatible.

Anyway in order to upgrade from Rusnak Script, you will need to first upgrade to Mys v1.1.0, and subsequently v1.1.1, v1.1.2, v1.1.3, v1.1.4. It will then be possible to upgrade to Mys v1.2.2 using the megaupgrader, and a final upgrader from Mys v1.2.2 to Mys v1.2.3 is the last thing to use. This is under the assumption that you have not installed any old RA mods/addons. If you have installed any old Mods/Addons, the game is over and you will have to start over. I am sorry about that, there is nothing I can do about it. The old Mods/Addons do not use the plugin system, which causes lots of compatibility issue with new releases.

draugluin
11-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Hi Hall of Farmer,

thank you for your answer. :pleased:
Actually I hold, that I've adapted the structure with care.
But mayby I've overlooked something. Could happen. :jay:

Anyway I can manage the old adoptables in the new database, I've included them with the same care....

The proposal to follow the updates sounds good. I'll try it.
I've saved all the entrys of the old database - to be on the safe side.