PDA

View Full Version : Tabbed forum layout?

Hall of Famer
11-07-2011, 04:21 AM
Well I've been working on the idea of bringing Mysidia Adoptables' sections into different blocks that can be accessed by clicking on their corresponding tabs shown on the navbar. Many of you may have paid attention to this change already, and I will continue to make this look better than what it is now. Please leave feedback in this thread if you want to. I do believe it is a very feasible concept since I may end up combining support forums of my internet projects into one, and separating each project by tabs make everything easier.

Update: The tabs look perfectly in Firefox and Googlechrome, but with IE they display vertically. I have no idea why this happens, and I will try to get it fixed asap.

Hall of Famer

ChibiMaestro
11-07-2011, 10:18 AM
I noticed it today :3 I like it :D

But can you change "MysAdopts" to "MysAdoptables"? Since I hear you may be the new owner of MyAdopts, and if you do purchase it and add a new tab, it'll be confusing XD

Hall of Famer
11-07-2011, 11:41 AM
I noticed it today :3 I like it :D

But can you change "MysAdopts" to "MysAdoptables"? Since I hear you may be the new owner of MyAdopts, and if you do purchase it and add a new tab, it'll be confusing XD

Thanks for saying that Chibi, and I still try to get it to work with IE. I guess I will change it to Mys-script then, the tab cannot contain too many characters or it will look weird.

So I guess BMR has discussed all these with MA staff? Sounds interesting, Id like to see how it goes in the end.

ChibiMaestro
11-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Yep, he's posted in the Staff Lair about it.

And I see, Mys-Script sounds better :) And to make it not go vertically, remove the "float:right;" in the CSS (hope you didn't mind me peeking XD).

Tequila
11-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Hm, Looks like it'll be good to go once we get rid of IE. :3

I HATE that program. It ruins most of the accepted rules...

ChibiMaestro
11-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Urgh, I hate IE too :3
I see no use of it... except schools like to use it for whatever reason that they may have :P

GO CHROME 8D

EDIT: Oh and Hoffie, is the yellow colour going to stay? I just don't think it fits the theme well. I'd rather have it a pale green :3 (Just a suggestion)

Hall of Famer
11-07-2011, 02:29 PM
@ Nyxi:
Yeah, IE really is frustrating when it comes to css, it always messes things up. *sigh* Those tabs line up nicely even on my Iphone's safari browser...

@ Chibi:
Well the current image s just chosen randomly so I will see how the css works, it will definitely get changed once I find a more appropriate tab image. Both blue, green and brown will work better than yellow I think.

And I tried to remove 'float:right;', but the tabs dont seem to look right:
http://oi41.tinypic.com/16bzhps.jpg

ChibiMaestro
11-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Which browser does it look like that on?

And did you put the float:right back in because I checked the code and it's still the same?

Hall of Famer
11-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Well thats the screenshot taken from firefox after removing 'float:right;', it appeared the same in google chrome and IE.

Tequila
11-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Perhaps when you remove the "float:right;" code you should add a "padding:2px;" or "margin:2px;" code.

And I agree, the color needs to change.

Minor nitpick, it should be Mys-Script, you have Off-Topic capitalized on both words.

Hall of Famer
11-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Well I already had the padding and margin defined in css, these aint really the problem. I've edited the tab so it is Mys-Script now.

And interestingly, the tabs do line up horizontally on IE if I simply change it to 'float:left;', this confuses me but guess is not a bad thing? The tabs still do not display properly on IE as you can see from the screenshot below(it covers part of the login block, sigh), but guess thats already somewhat of a progress I'd say:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/o58cpi.jpg

ChibiMaestro
11-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Maybe you can use margins and paddings just for IE?
http://www.quirksmode.org/css/condcom.html

Hall of Famer
11-07-2011, 03:39 PM
I see, this does sound like a possible solution to the problem. The html and css will look different if the browser is IE. Thanks for this suggestion Chibi, I will give a try on that after dinner.

Tequila
11-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Like I said, IE = Demon Spawn...

Gods...

I wonder how it would look in Safari and Opera?

Edit
Does this link work? It should open browser shots of the forum:
http://browsershots.org/http://mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/

ChibiMaestro
11-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Lolol Demon Spawn XD

Who even created IE? Isn't IE installed on every computer you buy? If so... why can't it be replaced with FF, Chrome, Safari or Opera?

Tequila
11-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Lolol Demon Spawn XD

Who even created IE? Isn't IE installed on every computer you buy? If so... why can't it be replaced with FF, Chrome, Safari or Opera?

Because Windows won't run without it. :3 I've tried to uninstall it, it crashes the entire friggin program...

Poppy
11-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Just noticed the tabs. I like them, good idea. ^^

ChibiMaestro
11-07-2011, 04:45 PM
"Because windows won't run without it"?????!?!?!?!!!!????

WHY? Why did Windows have to choose IE? D:

Tequila
11-07-2011, 04:46 PM
"Because windows won't run without it"?????!?!?!?!!!!????

WHY? Why did Windows have to choose IE? D:

Because Bill Gates couldn't crack the German codes used in the creation of Apple. :3

ChibiMaestro
11-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Lol :P /*partly doesn't get that*/
He could have used Chrome?