PDA

View Full Version : Mysidia general help

superdude44
11-11-2011, 07:16 PM
So i recently started a small free adoptables site with myadopts. The problem is, with that i cannot create the awesome layout and whatnot EX: (silverdragontears's awesome website) I really want a cool look to it, similar to dragon cave, but diverse enough to be my own. So i decided this would be good. I however am not familiar with the procedure needed to create the site. I know you have to create the website (don't know what provider to use) and i know you have to edit things through mysidia and you have to download it.

So... I guess the main question would be, How do i use this? what are the requirements to use it? how do i get started? how to i continue to update and fix things? Is it for the most part free? is it very hard to learn? and Is there a different way to do it when using linux?

any help is appreciated, thank you.

Tequila
11-15-2011, 03:08 PM
For your theme, you just need to create a basic html template. If you visit my site @ http://crystalhollow.com/ you'll see the template I'm using (yes there are things that need fixed, it'll happen eventually!).

You'll need a few codes to make it display correctly, I only use :ARTICLETITLE: and :ARTICLECONTENT: since I use my own themes and can edit items in where I need them. You'll need :SIDEFEED: to show the user menu and log in section.

There really isn't that much to learning to use the script, it's rather easy IMHO. We have some nice free modifications, and you can always suggest new things (sometimes they get turned into mods). You can also commission one of the scripters for new mods.

If you need any other help, feel free to let me know.