PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble setting up

Gashu
11-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Hi all! :D I got pointed towards Mysidia from people on Virtual Pet List, and the whole thing seems extremely daunting since I don't know much about coding haha :P
Well, my problem right now is the actual setting up of the thing. I've tried to follow the tutorial, I've got the the point where I've set my host and login details into FileZilla, however, I'm stuck on the point where is says "open the Adoptables folder".
I can't find an adoptables folder anywhere! Did I download the wrong thing? Where should this folder be?

Any help setting this up would be greatly appreciated! :)

mapleblade
11-12-2011, 08:58 AM
in the /zip file u downloaded are two maps, install and upgrade, install is the adoptables folder :)

Gashu
11-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Oooh! Okay, thanks sooo much! I was a little worried I'd downloaded the wrong thing or something, I feel alot happier now!

mapleblade
11-12-2011, 09:02 AM
np :) glad to help.

Gashu
11-12-2011, 09:46 AM
np :) glad to help.

Uhh... I have one more problem haha xD I'm trying to set up my database, but it keeps coming up with:

PHP Error Message

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'Gashu'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/a8055268/public_html/install/install_func.php on line 32

Free Web Hosting
Error connecting to MySQL

This is the stuff I've entered (I am confused haha)
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/316/a/6/screenshot_by_gashu_monsata-d4fxbmc.png

How can I fix this?

mapleblade
11-12-2011, 10:34 AM
it means the mysql info is incorrect, probally your MYSQL host isnt localhost? look it up @ your hosting :)

mapleblade
11-12-2011, 10:45 AM
oh, and the root isnt /inc
the root is [blank], the /inc is for configuration files

Gashu
11-12-2011, 12:45 PM
I fixed it now, thankyou! :D Just one more problem haha! I tried to change my theme, and I managed to except my whole site is just white :O I'm not sure how to get it back to normal.

EDIT- And I can't log in now, waaah! xD It won't accept my password, but it did before?

Hall of Famer
11-12-2011, 03:11 PM
umm I am assuming you run the password encryption script erroneously? Anyway I will try to find a way to optimize the password encryption system for the next release, since it is too difficult to use for absolute beginners.