PDA

View Full Version : Password Reset

keliptis
02-09-2012, 10:31 AM
So I had a user that forgot his pass and used the reset however the email never went out.

I checked the datebase and it says it was stored and shows a bunch. I tryed it with a test account and it said it did however the pass was never reset and I never got the email.

I decided to change it in the Admin area however now when i try to log in with that account it says the pass is wrong, both what I reset it to and what it was before.

So I assume it reset but not to what I said to reset to? and in the database its now way shorter then the rest of the passwords I did not manually change.

Im rather confused as to what it did and I never touched the php files for it.

I even started a fresh site and it still did the same?

xCataluna
02-09-2012, 04:19 PM
I was just coming here to report (part of) this.
Apparently the Admin CP was never updated when the new password hash was released.

To fix, open admpost.php.

Around line 728, replace:
$password = md5($pass1);

With:
$password = passencr($username, $pass1);

That will let you manually reset passwords properly. :3

keliptis
02-09-2012, 07:06 PM
I figured after a while that was the issue that that was missing as mine were shorter I wasnt sure how to add it in.

I shall do that and see :) thank you

Edit: Thanks that worked great for that :)

Hall of Famer
02-10-2012, 04:15 AM
Yeah I figured this one an old bug I did not fix before Mys v1.2.4 release, thanks a lot for pointing it out xCataluna.

keliptis
02-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Is there a reason why emails dont go out? From what I see it all works fine even adds them to the date base but they arent being emailed