PDA

View Full Version : Trading Corner!

herbaceous
02-16-2012, 05:44 PM
EDIT. THE SITE IS OPEN. Feel free to join. c:
http://kommi.me/adopt

Pretty much, it's a magical bakery. LOL.
It's hard to describe since I made it to supplement a RP world my friend and I run. c:

AlexC
02-16-2012, 06:36 PM
My goodness, that theme is beautiful! It makes mine look awful... xD Can't wait to see the adoptables. :3

herbaceous
02-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Thank you! I was worried it would be too... cutesy. xD;
But, considering most of the people using it will be women, I don't think it'll be a huge issue. And, if I knew more about HTML/CSS I could probably have done a more varied theme. u_u;

AlexC
02-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Don't worry about it, it's great. :3

Knowin HTML/CSS isn't everything - I've been doing stuff for years and I still suck - design is the true talent, you can do anything with that.

herbaceous
02-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Thank you. c:
And hahahaha. I've been doing art for 7-8 years, so design is pretty easy.
I'm not a developer though, so I tend to fumble with functionality. D:

AlexC
02-16-2012, 08:16 PM
True, functionality is its own profession entirely - I find trying to make it overly simple and then overly complicated and then finding the middle ground kinda helps me. Just noticing where you go the most from a user's point of view and giving those areas to them first and foremost is the best thing you can do.

herbaceous
02-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Well, I just kind of think of what my site is supposed to do.
It's supposed to be light, nothing heavy and that helps me plan a lot.

Like, I get my friends to check it out for me in case something is off. LOL.
Because, another opinion is always good. =w= b

ChibiMaestro
02-17-2012, 04:45 AM
I love the theme :3 So comfortable, suitable and cute :D

*Points to name* Chibi= small, Kawaii= cute in Japanese (though I'm hoping to change it to ChibiMaestro soon)

I'm bad at designing o-o I honestly don't know what goes with what o-o.... but I am good with HTML/CSS lol

herbaceous
02-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Thank you! c:
And, I found that designing a layout can be really overwhelming unless you have the right resources. I found that colourlovers.com is really good for finding palettes in advance for layouts if you don't have a good idea with color theory and coordination. As for layouts, I generally read articles about popular/trending layout styles to get a good idea. c:

And, first adoptable is up. So feel free to register if you guys want. c:

Bibarel
02-17-2012, 12:25 PM
I joined under oggi!

Tequila
02-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Very nice! Liking the custom theme a lot. ;3

I've joined up, you'll recognize the name. ;3

herbaceous
02-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks for joining guys. :'D
And thanks Nyxi!
Yea, I saw. Hahahaha.
And I'm glad you like. c: I'll probably cycle through and do a few more layouts in teh next several weeks until I find one I love. /shot

Tequila
02-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Thanks for joining guys. :'D
And thanks Nyxi!
Yea, I saw. Hahahaha.
And I'm glad you like. c: I'll probably cycle through and do a few more layouts in teh next several weeks until I find one I love. /shot

I do that layout thing all the time... right now crystal hollow & little legend share a base theme, but crystal hollow will be getting a good one once the update for the script is out. ;3

Bibarel
02-17-2012, 02:42 PM
What happened? everbody's fox box thingy dissapeared?

herbaceous
02-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Ah yea sorry about that. I realized that I did the levels wrong, and it wasn't letting me edit them like I needed to. 8C
But, I uplloaded a fixed one for 0 coins so that everyone who lost one can get it back. c:
I'll be restoring credits into people's accounts as well. Sorry about that!

ChibiMaestro
02-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Thank you! c:
And, I found that designing a layout can be really overwhelming unless you have the right resources. I found that colourlovers.com is really good for finding palettes in advance for layouts if you don't have a good idea with color theory and coordination. As for layouts, I generally read articles about popular/trending layout styles to get a good idea. c:
http://colorschemedesigner.com/
^This is my FAVOURITE :D

And, first adoptable is up. So feel free to register if you guys want. c:
o-o I already registered... was I not suppose to? ;-;

herbaceous
02-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Na, you're good chibi. 8) I only needed honey to register before everyone else. And that was done so, no problems at all.

I use colourlovers.com
I'll try the site you linked when I'm on my laptop. 8)

Bibarel
02-18-2012, 06:21 AM
Ok lol :P

*goes of to adopt fox*

herbaceous
02-25-2012, 10:12 PM
New clickable pet has been added.
8)

Over the course of the next few weeks, I'll be working to add new pets at a faster rate.

RIENDEAU
02-26-2012, 01:50 PM
You got a very great website www.mysidiaadoptables.com , Glad I noticed it through yahoo.