PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of treehouse?

Tequila
02-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Treehouse (http://teamtreehouse.com) is apparently a learning site that you have to pay for to use. But, it's all videos and quizzes. They have web design courses, web development courses, and iOS courses.

The plans don't even look that bad, the most expensive is 50$ a month. They even do group discounts.

From their information, Our mission is to teach Web Design, Development and iOS to people everywhere, in order to help them achieve their dreams and change the world.

Anyone else looking into it? I'd be willing to start a pool towards a group membership if others want to pay in as well. ;3

herbaceous
02-20-2012, 10:43 AM
I would too!

ChibiMaestro
02-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Expensive ._.
I would love to, but like... I'm 14 o-o and like, not allowed to buy stuff over internet ._.
It's probably a 18+ thing anyway ._.
If you do get it, tell me what it's like :D

Corsair
02-20-2012, 04:02 PM
I think it's pretty cheap considering classes can be way more expensive. I would really love to try these clases.

Tequila
02-20-2012, 04:34 PM
I would too!
I thought others would like it, so I shared it. ;3

Expensive ._.
I would love to, but like... I'm 14 o-o and like, not allowed to buy stuff over internet ._.
It's probably a 18+ thing anyway ._.
If you do get it, tell me what it's like :D
Will do. ;3 I'm sure it's just like any other learning site, just shinier...
Everything's *shiny* captain! /firefly reference...

I think it's pretty cheap considering classes can be way more expensive. I would really love to try these clases.
I know, I'm looking at the cheaper plan right now. Perhaps later on. ;3

Nemesis
02-20-2012, 09:01 PM
can we wait till the summer? though even then i could have an internship and I don't want to hold anyone back lol.

But I am interested more so in the mobile apps course. Which i now see your required to have a mac, so F that lol though i do have an ipad... but F apple anyway...

Scratch that I could use more web development skills :D

Hall of Famer
02-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Very interesting, should be a good idea to whoever not capable of learning website design from college or high school.

mapleblade
03-14-2012, 04:59 PM
theres tons of great tutorials that are FREE (youtube stuff etc)
http://www.youtube.com/user/phpacademy is a good one

I personally learned PHP by watching other scripts, and trying to understand it. (I'm 15 btw)

Tequila
03-14-2012, 05:30 PM
theres tons of great tutorials that are FREE (youtube stuff etc)
http://www.youtube.com/user/phpacademy is a good one

I personally learned PHP by watching other scripts, and trying to understand it. (I'm 15 btw)

I'll check it out. ;3 Perhaps then I'll be more useful as a dev member. ;3

Nemesis
06-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Okay would anyone want to do this. Sorry for reviving an old thread but I am being hired by a web design company and would like to increase my skills!

Tequila
07-06-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm still interested. ;3 Haven't you seen the mess that is now the new Crystal Hollow?

Nemesis
07-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Actually I am not sure on what there is to buy on treehouse. It appears they let you view all of their videos. the only point in paying is that you collect the badge lol? But other than that it doesnt say upgrade to see more videos.

Tequila
07-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Well in that case... I'll take a second look.