PDA

View Full Version : Adopting not working

StarGirl
02-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Well, I have this site and I made an adoptable [A horse] but when I go to adopt it and I press adopt it says: Invalid Adoptable ID Specified
The ID specified does not match any adoptable in our system. Sorry. If you wish, you can adopt a pet. Why?? I've tried re-installing loads of times you couldn't count but nothing seems to work. This also happens when trying to edit the permissions of a usergroup, it says it doesn't exist.

Hall of Famer
02-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Well first of all, check your ACP or PHPmyadmin database to see if the adoptable has been successfully created or not. There is a good chance that you have failed to create a new species through ACP. If the adoptable exists in your database, it should be safe to conclude that something is wrong with adopt.php or doadopt.php. Otherwise your database structure for prefix_adoptables will need to be examined for its compatibility with doadopt.php script. Are you using the latest Mys v1.2.4 release, and have you installed any Mods from this forum?

StarGirl
02-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Well, now I've got the adopts working but the user groups don't work. When I edit the Artist's permissions then accept it, it says the group doesn't exist. I have before deleted the artist group and made a new one then edited that new one but it's the same so I re-installed the script. I just checked adopts_groups, and yes the artist group is in there. I found I can edit its permissions from there. I'm not sure if that works though..

Hall of Famer
02-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Well editing from phpmyadmin always works perfectly, but theoretically you should have no problem creating/editing usergroups through ACP. The problem seems quite strange, Id request a few screenshots to know what exactly is happening.

StarGirl
02-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Thought so. :P Anyway, I could get a few screenshots. Of what specifically? And maybe the admin.php?set=users&do=groups code? But here's some screens.
They're attatched.

Hall of Famer
02-28-2012, 11:18 AM
I see, perhaps the usergroup permission system was glitched in the current release. I will double-check on that later, its good to realize before Mys v1.3.0 come out though.

StarGirl
02-29-2012, 09:49 AM
ok then.. and is there any way to stop the [url] BBCode tags in the page editor from adding an amp; after urls with &'s in it? My adoptables page relies on promo codes and it works by clicking on buttons linking to promo code pages but they always link to the promo url with amp; after the & which doesn't work.

Hall of Famer
03-07-2012, 12:52 AM
I've found out the problem with editing usergroup permissions. It seems to be really a minor mistake, a right bracket } is placed in a wrong position which ends the while statement earlier than it otherwise should. What really intrigues me at this point is how such small coding error can cause the script to malfunction, the nature of programming I must say.