PDA

View Full Version : Nav Bar Freezes Theme?

AlexC
03-12-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm having a bit of an oddity concerning the nav bar. I was editing colors and sizes and things, and then suddenly out of nowhere, all of the things above the nav bar (banner links, a twitter feed box, a bunch of links and some text) became "frozen" for lack of better word. I couldn't click or highlight or anything above it. This doesn't include the sidebar which isn't above the nav bar since it's to the side.

The only place this isn't happening is on the myadopts, member list, and profile page. (possibly other pages but I haven't found them yet) On here, the footer moves into the main content div and the sidebar links (meaning the "edit account", "see my adoptables" links) become enlarged and almost appear to change font. But everything unfreezes and I can click things and scroll in the twitter box and everything again.

It seems to also vary if you're not logged in (note, you can't log back in if you're not on a page with enlarged font). The myadopts/member list pages is fine again, but the profile page is still weird.

I've got no idea how to fix it, or what's even wrong. Any help?

http://ratties.x10.mx/profile.php?user=Bea - Example of enlarged text/wonky footer.

ChibiMaestro
03-12-2012, 03:35 PM
The only reason why it isn't happening on member list, profile page etc. is because you don't have the nav bar on it.

To fix this problem, find:
.ddmenu
and add 'height:20px;'

The height is too expanded and so covers the top section of your layout, so it's not clickable.

Don't know about the wonky footer though. Will find out (hopefully if I can).
--------------------------
EDIT:
I don't know if you intentionally did this, but you hid the profile nav bar...
#profile .nav {
overflow: hidden;
margin: 0 0 10px 0;
}
Remove all the properties and it should show.
--------------------------
Now onto the footer XD
EDIT: Urgh. Idk. I'm tired. I'll try again tomorrow :3

AlexC
03-12-2012, 04:05 PM
I haven't added anything to the css - just changed colors and a bit of width/padding here and there. I did bring up the hidden nav bar in the main release thread - its been like that since I downloaded the script.

I added the height, but it doesn't seem have to have done anything. And I'm not sure where the #profile thing is. There are so many css files in this new script...

ChibiMaestro
03-12-2012, 06:10 PM
The height thing works for me. Stuff are clickable :3

AlexC
03-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Hmm, that's odd, I checked just now and everything is working fine. o.O I guess my host/browser was taking a while to update.

Thank you!

Well, that fixed a major headache. Still not sure with the footer and all though.

Tequila
03-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Eek! I thought I got all of that so it wouldn't do crap like that...

T-T One of these days, I swear...

AlexC
03-12-2012, 07:46 PM
That's alright. :3 Its only two/three pages and as long as it's fixed by the next security release, then I'm fine. Considering how awesome the rest of it is, I would say you did pretty good!

Hall of Famer
03-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Well yeah, a lot more css files this time. Unfortunately not all of them seem 'compatible' with each other, especially the profile tabs css. You may have noticed that the dropdown menu is not displaying on profile.php, apparently the tabs css is messing up the dropdown menu's. Hopefully we find a solution to this soon, otherwise it will not be possible to enable admins to create simple tabbed pages in future.

AlexC
03-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Well, you got this far on your first try - I think you'll be able to fix it just fine. :3

Hall of Famer
03-13-2012, 02:09 AM
Hopefully we will, thanks.

ChibiMaestro
03-14-2012, 01:20 PM
So is the footer not anything to do with the CSS problem?? o-o

And 'And I'm not sure where the #profile thing is. There are so many css files in this new script...'

Just add it if you can't find it lol... just see if that works.
#profile .nav {
overflow: none;
margin: none;
}

AlexC
03-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Which file do I add it to? My style css? menu css? Sorry, I really only guess at coding. xD

I'm not sure what is causing the footer problem to be honest - I mean, the whole div is just moving and inserting itself somewhere else. It doesn't do that for any other divs.