PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Dragons

SilverDragonTears
03-17-2012, 02:29 AM
I love dragons as much as I love my foxes and since I wanted to test out the new Mys script, I decided to make a new site.

This one is only dragons! The sprites are coming slowly but surely and we're still in Beta mode. I'm trying to add in all my modifications before coming out of Beta mode.

I also need to write up an intro... I'm so bad with words.

Anyway, check it out and tell me what you think. I love to hear opinions :)

http://taleofdragons.net

Kesstryl
03-17-2012, 09:13 AM
I love the banner! Nice color scheme. Are you letting people register yet? I find I've been enjoying registering for some of the sites here and enjoying what others have made. It's the nerdy gamer in me, but I wouldn't be trying to make one if I didn't already enjoy the genre as a whole so much.

SilverDragonTears
03-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Thank you :) Sure, you can register!

Ruinily
03-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Cool, I've been wondering what the new coding looks like... and the art is nice too. ^_^ How is the new coding? I cant wait to see it a bit later on to see what you do, I'll maybe join later. :P

Tequila
03-20-2012, 12:41 PM
I like what you did with my base theme. ;3

Looks good so far as well. ;3

Hall of Famer
03-20-2012, 06:00 PM
I've just registered on the site and I will keep an eye on how you develop it. If there is anything regarding Mys v1.3.x's new coding patterns that you dont quite know of, send me a message and I will see if I can help you out. At this moment I may not be able to take any specific feature requests though, since I've scheduled Mys v1.3.1 release in recent future.

SilverDragonTears
03-21-2012, 04:52 AM
@Nyxi - Thanks so much!!

@HoF - I hope you'll re register :desudesudesu: I moved the database over to the new domain apparently before you signed up.

Hall of Famer
03-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Alright then, I still dunno what happened to your site but guess I will re-register later tonight or tomorrow. Best luck.

SilverDragonTears
03-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Nothing happened to it. I just put it on a new domain.

http://taleofdragons.net

Hall of Famer
03-21-2012, 08:32 PM
I see, but this does not explain the loss of users data?

SilverDragonTears
03-21-2012, 11:32 PM
I saved the database before I took the site down like a dummy. So any users who signed up after I saved it weren't moved over.

SilverDragonTears
01-11-2013, 08:42 PM
We have so many new and amazing things happening! LOTS of new coding. Breeding has been modified, as well as the dragon lair. There's a new pool of eggs every 30 minutes with uncommon, rare and ultra rare dragons in the mix. Users are all clicking the same eggs, so if you click one that's already been taken, the user gets a message saying the egg has disappeared in the mist. If all the eggs are taken before the 30 minutes has passed, you see a picture of Nemesis guarding all the eggs.

We're having a special valentine event where you can make custom valentine cards and send them to any member on the site. Our artists are making tons of art for the event. There's a lot more details but I don't want to give too much away :)

SilverDragonTears
01-11-2013, 08:43 PM
My attachments didn't work :(

SilverDragonTears
01-30-2013, 02:16 AM
More amazing things :) We have added in a dragon shop where you can submit dragons and the sale price. They stay in the shop for three days before being automatically removed. When/If someone buys your dragon, you are notified by PM and the money is automatically put into your account.

Other New Features:
Signature generator
Multiple dragon moving
Action tracker

Come and check out all the exciting new things we have added/are adding.

MikiHeart
10-25-2013, 05:15 AM
Site is pretty good. My younger sister loves dragons, so I'll pass it onto her.

However, I will mention that it's fairly easy to make your site's currency. the page you have with all the dragons, 75 of them. Clicking on them and holding crtl. Within 30 minutes I was able to make 15k.

cailynmae
05-20-2015, 07:46 AM
Umm, when I try to go to the site it isn't there...

IntoRain
05-20-2015, 05:42 PM
I think it closed down.

kristhasirah
05-27-2015, 11:14 AM
The site is working now

kristhasirah
06-12-2015, 12:46 PM
Nevermind, the site is no longer available and everything points to the site being close and no coming back... And is kind of sad at least to me because i really enjoyed the site, the members and i really liked doing some of the digital backgrounds art for the site...

Kesstryl
08-31-2015, 01:58 PM
I think what happens is it costs to run a game server. You can only do this with shared hosting for so long before they either make you take it down or upgrade to handle the bandwidth. My own hosting company just upgraded me with no warning when I ran a text based browser game on my hosting. It wasn't even that active, I had like 20 users, most of them never logged in.

Nemesis
10-08-2015, 07:38 PM
If server was the case I wished they would of asked for help.

You won't believe what you can fit on a 10$ server.

I for example run:

Ubuntu
Minecraft server
200+ websites
Teamspeak
TF2 server
Project Zomboid server
Emails
SQL Databases - My biggest in production table has 1.5 million entries and is 200mb
Java Servlets
Other crap I don't even remember....

But it has been running at 95% RAM Usage and 70% CPU for 125 days now 8)

Hall of Famer
10-09-2015, 04:30 AM
Well if there are truly only about 20 active users and the server load is still crazily high, the culprit is most likely with the script. Some scripts just do not scale well, and its interesting and necessary to keep track of that.