PDA

View Full Version : Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.0[Security Release]

Hall of Famer
03-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Just as expected, the official version of Mys v1.3.0 is available to download starting from March 18, 2012. The release of Mys v1.3.x is a milestone of our dev team, and we will be moving forward to a brand new era of the development of this script. The feedback from members regarding the beta version also proved to be helpful to make this security release better than it otherwise would. Also you may notice the usage of objects and PDO's fetchObject() in this release, this is a significant change and will affect whoever aspire to make Addons/Mods for this script.

New Features:
1. Items and Itemshops
2. User Profile Redesign with Tabs
3. CK Editor for Custom Pages/Articles and Shoutbox
4. Dropdown Navtabs
5. Security Improvements
6. New ACP interface and features
7. MyBB forum integration
8. Further Script Improvement/Optimization and Bug fixes

Note: Please check the beta release thread for details of these new features. The MyBB forum integration is available in this security release now, I will post instructions on how to use it. Several glitches have been fixed in the official release too. The missing file admuploadpic.php has been added, the issue of unable to set default theme in ACP is fixed, and the green theme can be used now(it actually works fine with the drop down menu).

Installation Guide:
1. Use ftp to Upload the entire folder Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.0 Beta to your preferred directory, and change the name to whatever you like.
2. Change the CMD of folder "picuploads" to 777, together with its subfolders, this is required to enable user uploading images.
3. Access the installer script at "http://yoursitename.com/install/install.php", follow the instructions and proceed.
4. Congrats, you've successfully installed Mys v1.3.0. There is no need to manually encrypt your password in Mys v1.3.0, so cheers!

Note: The value pepper code can be generated from a website called: http://strongpasswordgenerator.com/, it can be of any length and may contain symbols. Make sure to delete the file install.php after running this script, or your site is potentially at danger if this file is accessed by someone else.

Note: An upgrader from mys v1.2.x is not yet available, and there is no way to update user passwords even if it will be available someday. For members currently using Mys v1.2.x, you will have to force all of your users to update their passwords manually when the day comes.

Forum Integration Guide:

First of all, make sure you have both fresh installation of Mysidia Adoptables and MyBB forum. Open the file /inc/config_forum.php, enter each empty field for the database info of your MyBB forum. Then Change the variable mybbenabled from 0 to 1. The very last step is to disable registration on the forum. It is all said and done, new users will have accounts created from both the adoptables site and the forum from now on.

Note the forum statistics cannot be automatically updated with registration from adoptables site, so run your maintenance tool regularly. The trick is quite simple, go to forum ACP -> Database Backup -> Recount/Rebuild -> Rebuild Statistics. It is not required though, but your forum statistics can be messed up if you dont do this.

Download Links(both .rar and .zip are provided):

Rapidshare:

rar version:
https://rapidshare.com/files/3308323511/Mysidia_Adoptables_v1.3.0.rar

zip version:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1853455814/Mysidia_Adoptables_v1.3.0.zip

Mediafire:

rar version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4rnmf9x7gnpo9rd

zip version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?o6xam2ic67f32em

Again I appreciate all of you who stayed with me and Mysidia Adoptables when we've made little promises like we did before. Life as a senior is difficult but I try to survive. I can say the same to the other dev staff such as Nyxi and Fadillzzz. This script is nothing without supporters and users, so I owe you all big thanks here.

Hall of Famer
March 18, 2012

Abronsyth
03-18-2012, 04:50 PM
I seems that the Forum integration isn't working. I entered all of the info correctly and checked it several times, yet it is not working. My forum directory is archurub.com/Forum, so I should put '/Forum' in as the path, correct?

Also, it's saying that setting the default theme via the Admin CP isn't working. It says that the action does not exist.

Hall of Famer
03-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Well this is weird, I do not suppose it matters what path you set for your forum. The forum integration automatically inserts a row of data to your forum database. You may have entered incorrect database info for your forums? Also note that the integration does not apply for the very first root admin users. When the admin set up a Mybb forum, his/her account is already created on the forum. Because of this, it is pointless to insert another admin user to forums.

Well for now you change default theme through the basic settings. I added one more field for default theme(its actually on the top, so hard to miss it).

Abronsyth
03-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Nope, the passwords, names, etc, are all correct...and I was testing by creating a Test account on the Mysidia portion and it wasn't working properly :(

Corsair
03-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Let me see if I can try it.

Hall of Famer
03-18-2012, 05:03 PM
umm this is weird, worked perfectly for me on my demo site/forum... What message did you receive after registration? With successful forum integration, it should tell you something like 'You may also visit your forum account and edit your profile'.

If you do not get this message, go to your config_forum.php file and see if the value mybbenabled is set to be 1. The number 1 means mybb integration is enabled, 0 indicates that integration is turned-off.

If you get even worse messages like 'Failed to create forum account', then chances are the database info is entered incorrectly.

Corsair
03-18-2012, 05:46 PM
I tried it my self and it worked perfectly.

Edit: For some reason i can login to the adoptable site.

SilverDragonTears
03-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Not working for me either. I get the message that I can visit the forum but then when I go it won't let me log in.

Could it be because there are some fields in the user table that aren't listed in the register script?

Hall of Famer
03-18-2012, 06:37 PM
@Corsair:
Are you encountering any problems? I tested it with the latest MyBB forum release and it never caused any issues for me. If your forum users database table is altered, or the MyBB password encryption system is changed, you may have trouble logging into the forum. Thats what I can think of at this moment.

@Silverdragontears
umm from the way it looks, your user has been successfully inserted into the forum database. If you aint sure for this, go to Phpmyadmin and look at the forum database table users and see if the row has been inserted successfully. You should get an error message saying 'forum account creation failed' if otherwise.

SilverDragonTears
03-18-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm looking at the database right now and I'm the only member in there :/

Hall of Famer
03-18-2012, 06:41 PM
I see, this is strange. Are you using MyBB forum? And if so, what is the version of it? I believe the database insert query is using the latest version of MyBB.

Corsair
03-18-2012, 06:41 PM
@HOF

I can login to the forum just fine it's the main adoptable site I can not login to.

SilverDragonTears
03-18-2012, 06:43 PM
It's the newest one... I just downloaded it yesterday MyBB 1.6.6

SilverDragonTears
03-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Woot!! It's working. Not sure what I did the first time but I reuploaded the function.php and register.php and it's working now!!

Hall of Famer
03-18-2012, 07:33 PM
@ Corsair:
umm now I am even more confused. You cant log into the forum but not into the adoptables site? Are you using a fresh installation of Mys v1.3.0?

@ Silverdragontears:
Congrats you got it to work.

Abronsyth
03-18-2012, 07:34 PM
All of my database info seems to be entered correctly, and I am getting the message "failed to create forum account" when trying to register a new user. It is set to one...for host, should I have 'localhost' set in?

Hall of Famer
03-18-2012, 07:38 PM
umm do you happen to have your forum hosted on a different server? If so, it can get somewhat tricky. If you have it hosted on the same server, Id say its most likely 'localhost'. From the way it seems, the insert query is not executed properly so something must be wrong with it. Either with your database info entered at config_forum.php, or perhaps the forum database table users has a different structure than the one I am using.

Kesstryl
03-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Just a suggestion, every time I've re-installed I've had trouble, and it's because of one little thing...I've had to use this path in my browser (yoursitename.com)/install/index.php instead of ...install/install.php

Don't know if that makes a difference for others, but that seems to be what I have to type to start the set up.

Corsair
03-18-2012, 07:52 PM
No no I can login to the forum.

I can not however login to the adoptables site.

I used this fresh install. It says I I logged in but it does not really log me in to the adoptable site.

SilverDragonTears
03-18-2012, 07:54 PM
HoF Imma kill you, lol!! Didn't realize by uploading the new functions.php that I'd have to reupload ALL my files :/ What is this new -> thing here? and the smd or whatever new thing that is?

Chibi_Chicken
03-18-2012, 07:58 PM
So I have started with a fresh install of myBB 1.6.6 and Mysidia 1.3.0
I put myBB in root/forum and Mysidia in root/mys130

I made the changes to the config_forum.php

Now when I am on the forums I can still create a new account.
When I jump to the mysidia registration page I can create a new accout. The info is created to both databases.

I can log in to both sites however when I log in to one it doesnt show up in the other.

When logged in to the mysidia portion of the site I can change my email and the effects take place on the adopt db but not the forum db. I can not seem to change my password.
When i go to the forum user CP I can change my password. The new password only works for the forum login but not the mysidia login.

Also on the mysidia site I can not view my profile I get:
( ! ) Notice: Undefined index: page in C:\wamp\www\mys130\profile.php on line 18
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0011 456936 {main}( ) ..\profile.php:0

( ! ) Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\wamp\www\mys130\inc\tabs.php on line 20
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0011 456936 {main}( ) ..\profile.php:0

When I try to jump to the forum from the mysidia top tabs I get
Not Found

The requested URL /mys130/forum.php was not found on this server.

My main question is how do I set up the two software so it can reconizie that I have logged in to the forum login and dont need to do it in the mysidia site or vice versa. I am guessing it is the cookies but I am not sure.

Oh and I am useing wamp
Apache Version :
PHP Version :
MySQL Version :

Hall of Famer
03-18-2012, 08:09 PM
@ Corsair:
It is weird though... Does this happen to your admin user, or every registered user? Check your /functions/functions.php file and see if the passencr() function is missing or malfunctioning.

@ Silverdragontears:
Well '->' is the most basic operator used to access object properties and methods, while $stmt is just like $result we had before. This script is moving towards the direction we called object-oriented programming. I did it for the security release 'cause I am making a point clear what directions new Addons/Mods for Mys v1.3.x. should follow. But yeah I agree creating addons/mods may be more difficult for beginners nowadays, you need intermediate programming skills to interpret objects and OOP design.

@ Chibi_Chicken:
For now the only thing Mybb forum integration does is to create user in both adoptables and forums database. In future I will make a better bridge between Mys and MyBB, and perhaps adding another tab to user profiles to show users forum activities. I still need to browse more into MyBB's database structure and programming conventions at this point.

AlexC
03-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Apparently I'm having trouble with registering? My account works fine on both forums, it appears - but when I try to make a new account via the adoptable site, I get this message;

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gloometh/public_html/register.php on line 81
Failed to create forum account

However, I do have a new user on the adoptable site.

Hall of Famer
03-18-2012, 09:25 PM
umm what version of PHP are you using? It seems that function eregi() is used to validate email addresses but for certain version of PHP it aint working. No idea why it happens, but at times...

SilverDragonTears
03-19-2012, 12:25 AM
How do I get a number for this? Now that I can't use this format :/

$query = "SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."owned_adoptables WHERE owner='".$loggedinname."' AND currentlevel<='3' AND isfrozen='no'";
$result = mysql_query($query);
$num = mysql_num_rows($result);

if($num >= 5){
$canadopt = "no";
$article_title = "Too many eggs!";
$article_content = "You already have too many eggs to take care of! Come back once you have hatched an egg!";
}

fadillzzz
03-19-2012, 12:31 AM
umm what version of PHP are you using? It seems that function eregi() is used to validate email addresses but for certain version of PHP it aint working. No idea why it happens, but at times...
HoF, just change eregi() to preg_match(), then it will go away

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 01:21 AM
@ Silverdragontears:
You mean to count number of rows? With the new script you will have to write these:

$stmt = $adopts->query("SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."owned_adoptables WHERE owner='".$loggedinname."' AND currentlevel<='3' AND isfrozen='no'");
$data = $stmt->fetchAll();
$num = count($data);

if($num >= 5){
$canadopt = "no";
$article_title = "Too many eggs!"; $article_content = "You already have too many eggs to take care of! Come back once you have hatched an egg!";
}
In future we will implement a database class that comes with a num_rows() method so you can call easily.

@Fadillzzz:
I see, its weird how I never noticed eregi() being used in the script right from the start. Was it deprecated in the new PHP versions? If so, we have to update the script asap.

fadillzzz
03-19-2012, 01:38 AM
@HoF:
Yes, it's deprecated since PHP 5.3
I guess Gloometh is using PHP 5.3+ :smile:

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 01:46 AM
I see, should have tested the script on my new server then. XD It worked flawlessly on the old one using PHP 5.2.17, lol.

SilverDragonTears
03-19-2012, 03:31 AM
Thanks for the code HoF :)

AlexC
03-19-2012, 06:01 AM
Yes, I checked and I've got 5.3.8. oops. xD Do I have to wait then?

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 06:49 AM
@Silverdragontears:
Well you aint suppose to tell people to check out your site in a thread like this one when its sole purpose is to offer supports, but good site so far. The layout looks quite spectacular.

@Gloometh:
You do not need to wait anything. Did not Fadillzzz offer a solution? Try it and I suppose this should suffice.

PokePets
03-19-2012, 10:03 AM
*Installing*
I'm so happy :D

Corsair
03-19-2012, 10:46 AM
?:eye: for some reason now I can login.

PokePets
03-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Ok, I installed the Mys script, anything works.
Then I installed the forum script and edited the config_forum fille.
Now I get this on the index of my Mys site;

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[42000] [1044] Access denied for user 'u693722181_niels'@'10.1.2.2' to database 'u693722181_beta'' in /home/u693722181/public_html/Beta/functions/functions.php:11 Stack trace: #0 /home/u693722181/public_html/Beta/functions/functions.php(11): PDO->__construct('mysql:host=mysq...', 'u693722181_niel...', 'MyPASSWORD') #1 /home/u693722181/public_html/Beta/index.php(3): include('/home/u69372218...') #2 {main} thrown in /home/u693722181/public_html/Beta/functions/functions.php on line 11

I didn't change my username or so and the forum is in another database.
Help?

EDIT; OMG OMG OMG Q___Q
ALL MY DATABASE'S GOT COMPLETLY DELETED?!

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 11:25 AM
@ Corsair:
Perhaps it has something to do with your cookies and browser cache. Glad you can log in now.

@ Pokepet:
Did you forget to give the forum database user all access privileges? Access denied error is usually present when you have such a problem, though its also possible that you entered database info incorrectly.

And your databases got deleted? Can you please explain it a bit more clear? Was it just the adoptables database, or your forum database too? It is weird though, I do not think there is a line in this script that drops tables from database.

Corsair
03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
It seems when I register a new account I can't login but for some reason after a certain time I can.

PokePets
03-19-2012, 12:19 PM
@HoF;
My database from the old Mys script is completly deleted.
Well, the database still excist but all the fields inside are deleted.

Maybe it has something to do with my host? I don't know how it's possible...

As for the forum error, I did anything like in the MyBB installation guide but I will install again.

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 01:06 PM
@Corsair:
Umm interesting. Now try to register on my dev demo site and see if you have the same problem. Its strange how you can log in like after a certain time. Id say your cookies and browser cache settings may be the cause of it:
http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/mys130b/index.php

@Pokepet:
The old Mys script? What do you mean by that? You are talking about your old adoptables site made with Mys v1.2.x or v1.1.x? What version were you using? I thought you had a customized rusnak script...

And yeah, your host can possibly do that since you may be using too many database queries, tables and rows. Contact them for info and see if it is the case.

PokePets
03-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Yes my old adopt site is made with mys version 1.2
The newest verwion before the version that is yesterday released.

SilverDragonTears
03-19-2012, 02:28 PM
@HoF - Sorry :el: I removed it

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Yes my old adopt site is made with mys version 1.2
The newest verwion before the version that is yesterday released.

I see, would you mind either posting a new thread regarding the deletion of your old database? The problem is not really relevant to topic of this thread, but I know how important and urgent situation you are facing. I need you to provide more info in order to assist you on this issue. I do not suppose the installation of Mys v1.3.0 caused it, must be something else...

@Silverdragontears:
Oh really, but why? Uncomfortable with the usage of objects and single arrows in the new script? o_o

SilverDragonTears
03-19-2012, 03:22 PM
@HoF - Nooooo! I removed my site spam, lol :)

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 03:26 PM
@HoF - Nooooo! I removed my site spam, lol :)

Oh sorry, I thought you removed the beta site. Nvm I must have not been sleeping well lately. XD

Corsair
03-19-2012, 04:03 PM
@Corsair:
Umm interesting. Now try to register on my dev demo site and see if you have the same problem. Its strange how you can log in like after a certain time. Id say your cookies and browser cache settings may be the cause of it:
http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/mys130b/index.php

It seems to be doing the same thing on your demo site.

Abronsyth
03-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Hm, still does not seem to be working. I get this exact error:
Failed to create forum account

The Forum is on the same server, and everything has been entered correctly. I'm not sure what could be wrong...

EDIT:
Oh, and now I am having the problem where I can not login onto the Mysidia-made part of the site. It says "welcome back..." etc, but then logs me out right afterwards...I know someone else was having this problem, have you found a way to fix it yet..?

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Umm this is strange, I can log in right after I registered. Perhaps it has something to do with the way cookies are set, I will make sure to look into it later. Thanks for pointing it out for me.

@Iris:
Can you post your config_forum.php here so I can see what went wrong? Just make sure to get rid of the database password before posting, since you dont want people to see it.

Corsair
03-19-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm confused all I did was fresh install and edit the forum config.

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 05:11 PM
umm there is another possibility though, the adoptables and forum cookies may be in conflict with each other. Anyway I have a redesigned cookie system for Mysidia Adoptables, it uses user_id and session_id to validate. Id say its a way more secure way of storing cookie, I will make it available soon and update the script files. I hope this will resolve the delayed login issue too for some of you.

KaceKuma
03-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Could you explain what I'm supposed to put in the $mybbpath = ''; for the config_forum.php script? As in should I just put /forum or generationsaber.com/forum or what? My forum is set up in a separate folder called well..."forum".

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out... for others if they have this question and see this post the answer is put /forum .

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Well I will upload a slightly modified version of Mys v1.3.0 with new cookies system a few mins later. This should not only resolve your problem with user login, but also improve security significantly.

Edit: Download links updated already, enjoy and please lemme know if it works out for you or not.

Kesstryl
03-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Which files have been updated? I just re-installed all this last night, I'm hoping all I have to do is upload the changed files and not do another re-install (I installed and set up the adoptables part, not the forums, didn't touch those yet). Can you list which changed files I need to upload?

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Well you need to replace all files that work with cookies, the following four I believe:
functions/functions.php
login.php
logout.php
register.php

Also go to phpmyadmin and add a new column 'session' with the type varchar(100) in table prefix.users.

Kesstryl
03-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Thanks, appreciate :)

Corsair
03-19-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm having the same issue.

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 08:28 PM
umm... Can you possibly try to clear up cookies and browser cache? Perhaps it has something to do with your cookies settings, but I am not quite sure about that. I tried it multiple times on my dev demo site(which actually is a fresh install), and never had problem logging in. And btw, how long does it really take you to be able to log in after registration?

Corsair
03-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Nope I cleared my cache and cookies and the same thing.

Maybe you will have more luck with it.

adoptable site (http://dgmnworld.99webs.info/account.php)

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 08:43 PM
It does not work for me either, umm... Can you go to the table prefix.users and see if a session string is inserted into the column 'session'? Or if possible, take a screenshot of it so I will get a detailed view of what is going on.

Corsair
03-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Wait let me mess with this a sec.

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 08:52 PM
umm... What problem did you find?

Corsair
03-19-2012, 08:53 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/nxkx2q.jpg

The host was acting weird on me

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 09:02 PM
umm this is... Did the same thing happen to all your databases on the host, or just this one? Anyway it seems that the user id is somewhat messed up. Change your uid to 1 and see if you can log in.

Corsair
03-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Well I can login now without changing my ID. It seems the same has before I can't login right away and have to wait a certain time to login.

Corsair
03-19-2012, 09:13 PM
I changed my id and now I can't login any more.:desudesudesu:

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 09:13 PM
umm but you said your databases were deleted?

Anyway you still have some big problems at this moment, looks like the profile page cannot be accessed...
http://dgmnworld.99webs.info/profile.php?user=Corsair

Edit: Oh lol nvm then... I was wondering why your user id is 3 as the root admin...

Corsair
03-19-2012, 09:24 PM
The host CP was acting weird and it looked like I had no DB.

It seems all the users profile will not work. I don't know what I did wrong I set up the site as normal and only changed the forum_config.

Hall of Famer
03-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Well we do not know if it is something wrong with your host or that the script does not work out for you at this moment. Please keep testing and lemme know what happens later tonight. I do not suppose it was hacked, otherwise Nemesis is doomed.

It seems that I can log in now, and the user profile indeed is not working. Does the table prefix_users_profile exist in your database? Just curious.

Edit: I installed the script on another server of mine, and it works flawlessly. The url is posted below, you can take a look yourself too. I am able to log in upon registration with however many alts I use. Would you mind contacting Nemesis for this? Perhaps he knows what is going on with the hosting service?
http://www.mysidiarpg.com/site/mys131/index.php

Abronsyth
03-20-2012, 02:08 PM
HoF, sure, here:
<?php
//Mysidia Adoptables Site Configuration File

//Forum Integration Info: MyBB
$mybbenabled = 1;
$mybbhost = 'localhost';
$mybbuser = 'archurub_forum';
$mybbpass = 'PASSWORD IS HERE :D';
$mybbdbname = 'archurub_spiders';
$mybbpath = '/Forum';
$mybbprefix = 'forum';
?>

Hall of Famer
03-20-2012, 02:17 PM
@Iris_Spider:
You sure it is 'forum', not 'forum_'?

Abronsyth
03-20-2012, 02:33 PM
HoF, you make me feel incredibly stupid. That was my mistake, and now the registration is working...however, it's still logging me out right after I login, but I'll download the (hopefully) fixed file and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,
Iris

Hall of Famer
03-20-2012, 02:36 PM
HoF, you make me feel incredibly stupid. That was my mistake, and now the registration is working...however, it's still logging me out right after I login, but I'll download the (hopefully) fixed file and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,
Iris

Oh I am sorry about that, perhaps should've sent you a PM on how to fix it then. XD

Umm are you using Nemesis' hosting service? It is weird though, both Roconza and Pokepet had problems with Mys v1.3.0 using 99webs.info hosting. I tried it myself and looks like I cannot login either. I tested the script on both my old and new server, and they both are working. Id like to see when Nemesis visits this support forum and discuss with him. Perhaps it has something to do with the PHP and Mysql version he's using? Or some kind of settings on his server?

Abronsyth
03-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Haha, no it's fine. I'll stick to being intelligent with tarantula-topics XD

Anyways, just finished setting it up and so far, so good. I am using x10hosting for hosting, so hopefully the problem was just in the cookies or something...I will let you know if anymore problems arise :)

Hall of Famer
03-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Alright, if the login problem is present for more than one hosting service, Id have to look into the way I coded the login script. It definitely works fine with me, but perhaps I am using a different PHP version, or the php.ini settings has something to do with it.

Abronsyth
03-20-2012, 03:43 PM
The login is working perfectly, as is the registration, and everything else.

Hall of Famer
03-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Ah that's good to know Iris, thanks for informing me about this. Now it seems that nemesis' hosting service has some problems with th new script. I will contact him to see if a solution can be proposed.

Tequila
03-20-2012, 04:11 PM
As far as I can see, everything works on my end (with custom theme) except the profile page... which I am currently reuploading. I haven't tried to register a new user yet, but that's next on my list.

Edit profiles work.. ;3

Hall of Famer
03-20-2012, 04:21 PM
@Nyxi:
Thats good to know, how did the profile page go wrong in the first place? And what did you do to fix it? Just curious.

Abronsyth
03-20-2012, 05:45 PM
HoF, the only problem with the profiles is that, when I go to a user's profile, the top menu disappears. It's not a huge problem, but it is a problem, all the same.

Hall of Famer
03-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Well I know about this two weeks ago. It may be a minor glitch, but sorry I just couldnt fix it myself. Perhaps Nyxi has some ideas on how to integrate two css files, since shes the artist.

And Corsair's profile issue is a little bit different. Look at the url below and you will see that users profile does not exist on her site:
http://dgmnworld.99webs.info/profile.php?user=Roconza

Abronsyth
03-20-2012, 05:57 PM
It's fine, not a big problem, and it's easy to function without it...one thing, how am I to disable guests from posting in the shout box? (Those silly spammer bots...advertising adult things :T)

Tequila
03-20-2012, 06:00 PM
I uploaded the wrong profile file to the server... ^^;

Hall of Famer
03-20-2012, 06:02 PM
@ Iris:
I believe a solution was posted before, lemme find it out for you.

Edit: Find the following parts in your shoutbox.php:

if ($comment != "")
{
$date = date("Y-m-d H:i:s");
// $date = "10-23-3 21:02:35";
$user = $loggedinname;
if ($isloggedin!="yes") $user = "Guest";
$comment = formattext($comment);
$adopts->query("INSERT INTO {$prefix}shoutbox VALUES ('', '$user', '$date', '$comment')");
$article_content = $article_content."<p>Your comment has been posted. Click <a href='shoutbox.php'>here</a> to view it.</p>";

}

And replace with:

if ($comment != "")
{
$date = date("Y-m-d H:i:s");
// $date = "10-23-3 21:02:35";
$user = $loggedinname;
if ($isloggedin == "yes"){
$comment = formattext($comment);
$adopts->query("INSERT INTO {$prefix}shoutbox VALUES ('', '$user', '$date', '$comment')");
$article_content .= "<p>Your comment has been posted. Click <a href='shoutbox.php'>here</a> to view it.</p>";
}
else $article_content .= "You need to log in before using the shoutbox!";

}

This should fix your problem I think.

@ Nyxi:
lol I see, now please give a try on resolving the css glitch if you have time. It's a shame I cant fix it myself, perhaps time to learn more css...

Tequila
03-20-2012, 06:10 PM
I think it's font based. I'll take a good look once my head clears...

Hall of Famer
03-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Alright then Nyxi, take your time then. I hope it will be fixed by the time Mys v1.3.1 is released though, still plenty of time for us at this moment.

SilverDragonTears
03-21-2012, 04:31 AM
Since moving my site to a new domain, I can't log out of my forum and members can log in and it says successful but still says they need to log in... :coloness:

Edit: Stupid mistake on my part. Fixed...

Abronsyth
03-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Hm, HoF, didn't seem to work. I put it in exactly, and when I log out, I can still post in the shout box just fine...

Hall of Famer
03-21-2012, 04:23 PM
umm weird, it works perfectly fine for me. What did it do to you btw? Link me to your site and Id like to take a look on my own.

Abronsyth
03-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Nothing, it didn't seem to alter anything at all:
My Site (http://archurub.com)

Let me know if you can still see and post in the shout box.

Hall of Famer
03-21-2012, 04:49 PM
I cannot post in the shoutbox, get this message:

You need to log in before using the shoutbox!

So it appears the method is working.

Abronsyth
03-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Okay, I wonder if it still allows me to when I log out because it recognizes my IP or something...it's a little odd, but I'm very much relieved to know it is working! Thank you for all of the help, HoF <3 Haha, I give you major credits for being so patient with me! Hope all goes well from here!

Bonne Chance,
Iris

Hall of Famer
03-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Thanks. And are you saying you can post in shoutbox after logging out? Can you show me a screenshot of how you can post as guest?

Abronsyth
03-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Huh...was working earlier, I wonder what changed..? At any rate, it is now working properly :)

Hall of Famer
03-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Oh alright then, I have no idea why lots of problems you guys/gals posted got automatically resolved after a short period of time lol. Anyway good to know it works, so good luck.

SilverDragonTears
03-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Ok so I hate the new cookie thing. When we click on a new page of adopt or member list or anything it logs us out. And when I close the window and come back it logs us out too. It's irritating.

Hall of Famer
03-22-2012, 08:44 AM
umm you sure about this? It never happened to me, nor did I hear from other members talking about it.

SilverDragonTears
03-22-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm positive....

Hall of Famer
03-22-2012, 09:15 AM
umm it never logs me out when I click on anything on your site, except for the logout url.

SilverDragonTears
03-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Hmmm.... well maybe it's because you don't have any pets. But when I go to view my dragons and click on the 2nd page it logs me out sometimes.

Hall of Famer
03-22-2012, 09:26 AM
umm I see. Did you pay attention to the url change such as http://yoursite.com/file.php becomes http://www.yoursite.com/file.php?

SilverDragonTears
03-22-2012, 09:33 AM
That makes a difference? Where do I check to make sure of that?

Edit: Found it :) Will see if this makes the difference.

Hall of Famer
03-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Yes it does make a difference. On My pokemansion site, if you are logged in using the url http://www.pokemansion.net, your cookie does not work for http://pokemansion.net(the one without www). I'd say all old Rusnak Adoptables sites have this problem, not sure for Mysidia Adoptables though.

SilverDragonTears
03-22-2012, 09:57 AM
You're sooo smart HoF :) Thank you buddy!

Hall of Famer
03-22-2012, 09:58 AM
XD I figured this could be the only cause for a malfunctioning cookie. Did you manage to resolve this problem?

SilverDragonTears
03-22-2012, 10:03 AM
I found where it was putting in www. so I removed it... we shall see I guess.

SilverDragonTears
03-22-2012, 10:48 AM
A member is saying that forgot password is not working.

"it says my details don't match any user in the system"

Hall of Famer
03-22-2012, 11:33 AM
I see, same old story with forgotpass.php lol. I will look into the codes and have it fixed soon. Thx for reporting.

SilverDragonTears
03-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Will be watching for the fix :)

Hall of Famer
03-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Can you post the forgotpass.php file? I will look into it and fix it for you.

SilverDragonTears
03-22-2012, 03:44 PM
<?php

include("functions/functions.php");
include("functions/functions_users.php");
include("inc/rand.php");
include("inc/lang.php");

//***************//
// START SCRIPT //
//***************//

if($isloggedin == "yes"){

//This is the one page where logged in users can't access the page
//If you are logged in, you know your damn password!

$article_title = "You are already logged in";
$article_content = "You are already logged in. There is no need for you to be here.";

}
else{

$uname = $_GET["uname"];
$email = $_GET["email"];
$code = $_GET["code"];

if($uname != "" and $email != ""){

//We have submitted values, so we are going to make a new password reset request

if($code != ""){

//We've got an activation code, so let's check and see if we have a match in the database for this...

$stmt = $adopts->query("SELECT * FROM {$prefix}passwordresets WHERE username = '{$uname}' and email = '{$email}' and code='{$code}' ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1") ;
$passwordresets = $stmt->fetchObject();

if($passwordresets->username == $uname and $passwordresets->email == $email and $passwordresets->code == $code){

//We have a match, so make a new user password
$newpw = get_rand_id(12);
$newsalt = codegen(15,0);
$newpass = passencr($dbusername, $newpw, $newsalt);

//Update the database with the new password...
$stmt = $adopts->prepare("UPDATE {$prefix}users SET password='{$newpass}' WHERE username='{$dbusername}' and email='{$savedemail}'");
$stmt->execute();

//Delete the entry from the password reset table
$stmt = $adopts->prepare("DELETE FROM {$prefix}passwordresets WHERE code='{$code}'");
$stmt->execute();

$article_title = "Password Reset Successfully";
$article_content = "Dear {$passwordresets->username},<br>Your password has been reset successfully.<br><br>Here is your new password: <b>{$newpw}</b><br><br>
You may now <a href='login.php'>Log In</a> with this new password. You can also change the password to something that is easier to remember
once you are logged in.";

}
else{
$article_title = "Incorrect activation code";
$article_content = "The activation code you entered is incorrect. It is possible that the code is invalid.";
}

}
else{

//No code, so we're requesting a new password reset.............

//First thing we do is make sure the requested combination does indeed exist. Then verify...

$stmt = $adopts->query("SELECT * FROM {$prefix}users WHERE username = '{$uname}' and email = '{$email}'");
$user = $stmt->fetchObject();
//Loop out code

if($num > 0 and $user->username == $uname and $user->email == $email){

//First we generate a random code that will be the reset code

$rand = get_rand_id(10); //Get a random letter-number combination

//Then we log the user's IP address and the date

$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$ip = preg_replace("/[^a-zA-Z0-9.]/", "", $ip);

$date = date('Y-m-d');

//Then we insert the info into the passwordresets table in the database

$adopts->query("INSERT INTO {$prefix}passwordresets (id, username, email, code, ip, date)
VALUES ('', '{$uname}', '{$email}', '{$rand}', '{$ip}', '{$date}')");

//Then we send an email to the user with the link to the password reset

$message = "Hello there {$uname}:\n\nOur records indicate that you requested a password reset for your account. Below is your reset code:\n
Reset Code: {$rand}\n\nTo have your password changed please visit the following URL:\n
http://www.{$domain}{$scriptpath}/forgotpass.php?uname={$uname}&email={$email}&code={$rand}\n\n
If you did NOT request a password reset then please ignore this email to keep your current password.\n\n
Thanks,\n
The {$sitename} team.";

$systememail = grabanysetting("systememail");
$headers = "From: {$systememail}";

mail($email, "Password Reset Request for ".$uname, $message, $headers);

//All done, output message to user. :)

$article_title = "Password Reset Email Sent";
$article_content = "We've sent an email to <b>{$email}</b> with instructions on how to reset your password. Please
click the password reset link in the email to reset your password. If you do not get the email shortly then please check
your spam or junk email folder as it may have gotten caught in there.";

}
else{

//We've got an incorrect or fraud request to reset a password...

$article_title = "There's been an error";
$article_content = "There's been an error. The details you entered do not match any user in our system! We cannot
reset your password at this time.";

}

}

}
else{

$article_title = "Reset Password";
$article_content = "So, you've forgotten your password? Don't worry, it happens to the best of us. Simply
fill out the form below with your username and email address and we'll email you a link to reset your password.<br><br>
<form name='form1' method='get' action='forgotpass.php'>
<p>Username:
<input name='uname' type='text' id='uname'>
</p>
<p>Email Address:
<input name='email' type='text' id='email'>
</p>
<p>
<input type='submit' name='Submit' value='Request Password Reset'>
</p>
</form>";

}

}

//***************//
// OUTPUT PAGE //
//***************//

echo showpage($article_title, $article_content, $date);

?>

Hall of Famer
03-22-2012, 04:27 PM
You are not using the updated version of Mys v1.3.0 I uploaded on March 20th, are you? Now to fix this problem, simply get rid of this:

$num > 0 and

SilverDragonTears
03-22-2012, 04:29 PM
I thought I was.... will edit once I try it.

Edit: Worked :)

Edit 2:
it works up until i try to enter the new password it gives me, it says it cannot log me in with the details specified

Hall of Famer
03-22-2012, 04:36 PM
I see, thanks for informing me this. I will take a look again.

Edit: Download this file...

SilverDragonTears
03-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Thank you :) Perfect!

Hall of Famer
03-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Oh btw, please download this file too since I found that change password was not working from the demo site...

SilverDragonTears
03-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Alright :) :)

SilverDragonTears
03-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Hmmm... Trading isn't working. I haven't touched that file either...

When you submit a trade you get no error or anything. Just goes right back to trades.php

Ohhhh it's this

if(is_numeric($adoptwanted)){
and

if(is_numeric($adoptgiven)){

Since mine are not numeric. Now what?

Hall of Famer
03-23-2012, 03:39 PM
change is_numeric($adoptwanted) to !empty($adoptwanted) should suffice.

SilverDragonTears
03-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks. And how can I make the levelup page so that non members can level up adopts?

Hall of Famer
03-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Use this file then, I did not realize the default option had all guests actions disabled lol.

SilverDragonTears
03-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Can you tell me which lines you changed? You know my script is all modified and shtuff :)

Just this part right?

if($userstatus['canlevel'] == "no"){
$article_content .= "It appears that you have been banned from leveling up adoptables. Please contact an administrator for assistance.";
}
elseif(!is_object($voters)){

// The number of results is still zero, so we did not vote on this adoptable yet today...

Hall of Famer
03-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Check for this line then:

$userstatus['canlevel'] == "yes"

You know for guest, the variable $userstatus['canlevel'] is neither yes or no, it is an empty string that does not exist.

Sensacionsk8
03-24-2012, 03:37 AM
Hello guys, i have 2 errors:

1 Internal Server Error
link:
http://www.musicaparaescuchar.net/picuploads/gif/34478bd962c66bf975f54dfd6b0318aa.gif

Warning: readfile(http://www.musicaparaescuchar.net/../picuploads/gif/34478bd962c66bf975f54dfd6b0318aa.gif) [function.readfile]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request in /home/sens/public_html/musicaparaescuchar.net/siggy.php on line 148

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sens/public_html/musicaparaescuchar.net/siggy.php:148) in /home/sens/public_html/musicaparaescuchar.net/siggy.php on line 153
Readfile appears to be disabled on your host.

http://www.musicaparaescuchar.net/siggy.php?id=1

Help me, please

Hall of Famer
03-24-2012, 09:28 AM
umm looks like you need to consult your host to resolve some of your problems...

AlexC
03-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Hey guys, sorry about the really, really long delay. I got terrible sick - still am, actually. (I think it's been a week and it hasn't even reached the peak yet)

I changed the eregi() to preg_match(), but now I'm getting the message "We're sorry, but the email address you entered appears to be invalid. Please go back and enter in a valid email address." when attempting to register a new account...? Not sure why that's going wrong? D:

Hall of Famer
03-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Well download the latest script files I uploaded to rapidshare or mediafire and you will be okay.

AlexC
03-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Okay, uploaded the new files, got everything working, except now I'm getting the "failed to create forum account" error. I looked through the topic, but people just say they "fixed it" without saying how. Help?

My config_forum.php file looks like this:

<?php
//Mysidia Adoptables Site Configuration File

//Forum Integration Info: MyBB
$mybbenabled = 1;
$mybbhost = 'localhost';
$mybbuser = 'gloometh_me';
$mybbpass = '********';
$mybbdbname = 'gloometh_forum';
$mybbpath = 'forum';
$mybbprefix = 'forum';
?>

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Try putting a "/" in front of the first forum.... and my mybbprefix is mybb_
They already had that in there so unless you changed it when setting it up it should be the same.

AlexC
03-26-2012, 04:09 PM
I tried changing both things, but I'm still gettting an error.

The prefix, if I understand correctly, is for the database right? Mine was forum.

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Yea it is. In that case I don't see why it wouldn't be working. Did you do /forum and leave the prefix as forum?

AlexC
03-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I tried that too. I tried registering like, four accounts, and none of them transferred to the forum.

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 05:00 PM
This is what I did when it wasn't working for me... so I'm not really sure as all your info looks fine to me.

Woot!! It's working. Not sure what I did the first time but I reuploaded the function.php and register.php and it's working now!!

AlexC
03-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Tried uploading the two and still got the same message. :/ I just did a fresh install of the site not a few hours ago, but I was using my old forum install - should I restall it?

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 05:28 PM
You could... I really have no idea of the problem :(

AlexC
03-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Maybe I should just turn off the forum for now - add it a little later. D:

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 05:40 PM
I could take a look at your files if you want to give me access? I'm better and finding issues by looking at them.

AlexC
03-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Sure, that could work - would you need to access my host then I guess?

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Yep just pm me the info and I'll take a look.

AlexC
03-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Sure, give me a moment to change my password and I'll send it to you.

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Nm about the site link :) I found it... and it's working now. You needed to have forum_ for the prefix. Funny how just one little thing makes it not work ^^

AlexC
03-26-2012, 06:21 PM
... pfffffffff ALL THAT OVER A FRICKIN' DASH?

Oh god I hate coding to the deepest pits of hell where my hatred is powered by the fuel of a thousand burning suns.

... Thank you, for finding that dash. Because I probably wouldn't have.

I checked you on the main site though, for some reason you're not showing up there. It's saying it can't find you: http://ratties.x10.mx/profile.php?user=SilverKitsune You're in the database though - can you access the site?

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 06:23 PM
It says I log in but then I still see the log in form... Maybe I should take a look around. You also have a lot of 404 errors...

AlexC
03-26-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm not getting any 404 errors on my side - where are they popping up?

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 06:26 PM
When I click on the links...

AlexC
03-26-2012, 06:28 PM
oooohhhh, oh, those, ignore those. I haven't transfered the pages from the old install yet - ignore everything from home to... the hub. Though the "shopping" link will work. Everything under personal should work too.

I've just changed all the links within the past ten-fifteen minutes.

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why I don't stay logged in. Did you upload HoF's new cookie stuff?

AlexC
03-26-2012, 07:28 PM
What new cookie thing? HoF said to use the new script, so I downloaded the updated script from rapidshare or whatever about... five hours ago. I didn't read through the whole thread. D:

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Well hmm. I'm trying to think what it could be. You obviously aren't having that problem with your own account.

AlexC
03-26-2012, 07:42 PM
No, I haven't - but mine is the admin account. I could try making an account on my computer and seeing what that does.

EDIT:

I tried and now have the same problem. D: I don't know what's causing it!

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Ok I'm going into the user cp so don't do anything.

Edit: Can you change the pw back?

AlexC
03-26-2012, 07:47 PM
I changed the password back because I thought you were done - are you still logged in, or do you need me to change it?

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Change it :) I Logged out

AlexC
03-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Changed back - should work fine now.

Thanks, btw, for all this help. :3 I'd never be able to figure this out on my own. xD

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 08:02 PM
You're welcome :) I know how annoying it is when you want to be up and running and have so many problems. I'm looking and still don't see anything. Yet now I'm logged in and it's working.

AlexC
03-26-2012, 08:04 PM
I know - I've been working on this site so long, I'm just so eager to see it done.

It's not working for my test account yet. D: My goodness coding is finicky.

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Anything else you'd like me to look at while I'm in here? *pokes around nosily* :OHSHITALION:

AlexC
03-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Umm... *thinks* well, I'm still having issues with the myadopts.php and profile.php page - the footer gets moved into the main div for some reason. :/ not sure why. And the user profile page has no menu, but that is a known issue, I believe.

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Two things....

1. I fixed it for the myadopts page. Just added </div> after the closing of the table.
2. None of the profiles can be found.... Ick.

AlexC
03-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Wow, that was simple. o.O

Have you tried the <div> trick on the profile page? It may fix the member list, which is having the same problem.

I don't know what it is wrong with the profiles - it seems only the admin one is working fine.

I have to go, it's late - but thank you so much for all of your help! <33

SilverDragonTears
03-26-2012, 08:33 PM
I couldn't see the profile page to fix it :/ It looks normal when there is no member to show. Just pm me tomorrow and I'll help ya some more.

Hall of Famer
03-26-2012, 08:49 PM
@Gloometh:
This page may help you a bit, I see you had the same issue figuring out the prefix for your forum database as Iris did.
http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3514&page=7

AlexC
03-27-2012, 05:35 AM
Thanks, Kitsune figured that out for me. xD

The only problems I'm having at the moment are being logged out and that profile.php is still off.

SilverDragonTears
03-27-2012, 04:42 PM
If the profile would work for me I would fix it :/ I checked though and still saying no one exists :(

Hall of Famer
03-27-2012, 04:49 PM
umm for the profile... Check your table prefix.users and see if you find anything abnormal such as the root admin id is not 1.

AlexC
03-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Checked it, admin id is 1, and it appears to otherwise be normal. o.O

Hall of Famer
03-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Umm I see, this is weird. It seems that Corsair had the same problem on her site before, but then it was fixed automatically. No idea why but perhaps there is flaw in the script profile.php. I will see if I can find anything.

SilverDragonTears
03-27-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm not having the same problem, but there is this one member on my site whom no one can view. It says the user doesn't exist. I've checked the database and everything seems to be the same as any other regular member. Very strange...

AlexC
03-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Umm I see, this is weird. It seems that Corsair had the same problem on her site before, but then it was fixed automatically. No idea why but perhaps there is flaw in the script profile.php. I will see if I can find anything.

Alright thanks. Perhaps the problem is with the host, though I can't see how.

SilverDragonTears
03-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Since I can see "Bea's" profile I'll go fix the div if you' like... Just make sure you aren't editing. And that the pw is the same.

Can I also fix how your links are unclickable b.c of the rat image?

SilverDragonTears
03-28-2012, 12:18 AM
HoF error in accountpost.php

Users can't update their avatar... you forgot the avatar='{$avatar}' ,

// Run update queries...
$query = "UPDATE {$prefix}users_profile SET avatar='{$avatar}' , nickname='{$nickname}' ,
gender='{$gender}' ,
color='{$color}' ,
bio='{$bio}' ,
favpet='{$favpet}' ,
about='{$about}' WHERE username='{$loggedinname}'";
$adopts->query($query);

// All done!

Hall of Famer
03-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Oh crap, another glitch spotted. I will install a bug tracker plugin on this forum later and make sure we resolve all of them by the time Mys v1.3.1 is released(except for the css though, since I cant fix these myself).

SilverDragonTears
03-28-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm in love with the bug tracker.. wonder if there is one for mybb... *runs off to google*

Hall of Famer
03-28-2012, 01:49 AM
Well I believe this is a feature available only to vbulletin forums.

SilverDragonTears
03-28-2012, 01:54 AM
Well I figured this exact one wouldn't be available :) I googled for mybb.. found this if anyone else is interested for the mybb forums.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/help-center

AlexC
03-28-2012, 05:26 AM
Since I can see "Bea's" profile I'll go fix the div if you' like... Just make sure you aren't editing. And that the pw is the same.

Can I also fix how your links are unclickable b.c of the rat image?

Sounds good.

Which rat images? I don't think I have any links with rat images?

Hall of Famer
03-28-2012, 10:37 AM
umm so user profile is working on your site now? If so, congrats.

AlexC
03-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Nope, that's just the admin profile. For some reason, it's the only one that's working. It's called Bea because I wanted to use part of my real name.

Hall of Famer
03-28-2012, 04:01 PM
I see, thats so strange. Did you happen to have entered all fields for the file config_forum.php before you installed Mys?

AlexC
03-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Before I installed the script? No, I was using an old install actually - I just reinstalled the script and then added the details. Would that be what is causing that? Because if it is, does that mean I have to reinstall the whole script?

Hall of Famer
03-28-2012, 05:19 PM
umm I was just trying to figure out why your profile page wouldnt work...

PokePets
04-01-2012, 04:37 AM
Very weird :3

Today I tried to re-install,
1) I installed the Mys script, it works
2) I installed myBB, it works
3) But now is Mys not working!
I get this error;
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[42000] [1044] Access denied for user 'u693722181_niels'@'10.1.2.2' to database 'u693722181_beta'' in /home/u693722181/public_html/Beta/install/configwrite.php:52 Stack trace: #0 /home/u693722181/public_html/Beta/install/configwrite.php(52): PDO->__construct('mysql:host=mysq...', 'u693722181_niel...', 'pass') #1 {main} thrown in /home/u693722181/public_html/Beta/install/configwrite.php on line 52
4) I re-installed the mys script and get the same error

:/

Hall of Famer
04-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Umm this is weird, are you sure you did not overwrite the config file of your adoptables site's when you install the forum?