PDA

View Full Version : Theme help?

solskenn
03-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Okay, I have found a theme or two that I would like to install on my website.
I have downloaded them, then I have tried to upload them. However it doesn't seem to be working...
Even when I manage to get it visible via the FTP, when I try to follow the directions for the link value to install it to the site via the adminpanel.. it doesn't work and I get this message:

"The theme you are trying to install cannot be found on this server at the specified URL. Please go back and double check that the path to the theme's HTML file is correct. If you uploaded the theme and you are sure the URL is correct please make sure your web host does not have PHP's safe_mode configuration enabled as this can interfere with using or locating themes."

I did check the safe mode, and it is not activated or anything from what I could tell.

could someone please help me. A start(download) to finish(successful upload) step by single step would be very much appreciated.

Tequila
03-26-2012, 02:55 PM
To set and install themes you have to upload them to the templates folder, and then go into PHPMyAdmin to add them in manually. This is a problem we are aware of and haven't quite fixed yet.

solskenn
03-26-2012, 03:15 PM
oh!, okies ^,^ thank you. They are loaded. Though I'm still seeing the same layout glitches I've seen on all the others.. guess i need to change my.. template? layout..? *goes searching*

Tequila
03-26-2012, 03:44 PM
If you'd like to make your own, I'm thinking about a tutorial on how to place the codes used so that is' completely custom (like my site, Crystal Hollow).

solskenn
03-27-2012, 02:54 PM
that would be really cool! especially as I get more familiar with the cPanel and interpreting the php coding xD. I'm sure there are others way more ahead of me that would find it useful and helpful too!

I got the myBB thing and it would be cool if there were instructions to make it look like it was part of the site, rather than an external site. (especially if my members don't have to register for the forums separately..)

Tequila
03-27-2012, 08:00 PM
No problem. While I love creating things, I don't always have time (my workload is hopefully going to get worse, I have a 600+$ bill to pay, and won't be able to without help) and I love seeing what others can make. ;3