PDA

View Full Version : Site appears blank

Miss Dreamstar
03-29-2012, 02:27 AM
I was trying to get a custom theme to work, but my site just appeared blank. Any ideas of what to do?

Hall of Famer
03-29-2012, 02:34 AM
What is the custom theme you were installing? I am afraid none of these current free/premium themes offered on this forum are compatible with Mys v1.3.x. You need to convert them to Mys v1.3.x on your own, or wait for someone to do this for you.

SilverDragonTears
03-29-2012, 02:34 AM
The template file path may be wrong in the database. You can check that.

Miss Dreamstar
03-29-2012, 02:47 AM
Where would I check that? I'm looking in phpMyAdmin, is that the right place to go?

Hall of Famer
03-29-2012, 02:49 AM
Go to the prefix.themes table and check if everything is right there.

Miss Dreamstar
03-29-2012, 02:55 AM
So I'm in my phpMyAdmin, and I go into adopts_themes. Everything appears to be fine. I didn't actually install the other theme, it wasn't working, so I just have the default three themes. Am I doing this correctly?

Hall of Famer
03-29-2012, 02:59 AM
Would you mind taking a screenshot of your table prefix.themes?

Miss Dreamstar
03-29-2012, 03:02 AM
This is in adopts_themes.

http://i43.tinypic.com/av22z7.png

Hall of Famer
03-29-2012, 03:05 AM
I see, so apparently you have not successfully installed the theme at all, otherwise you should have a 4th theme showing up in this table. Now that you are in phpmyadmin already, why not just insert a row into this table with the appropriate information for the theme you are using?

Miss Dreamstar
03-29-2012, 03:06 AM
I'll try that, but how would I get my site to display? It still shows up white.

Hall of Famer
03-29-2012, 03:22 AM
It should be fine after you enter the correct information as a row inserted into the table prefix.themes.

AlexC
03-29-2012, 05:48 AM
Here Dreamstar, I always have this checklist for adding new themes:

1. Make sure that the folder name is either capped or not
2. Go into phpmyadmin and to prefix.themes, and add the site through there - make sure the name is exactly the same.
3. Go to prefix.settings and change the default theme there.
4. If needed, go into prefix.users and change the theme you're viewing there.

If you do all those things, you should be fine. :3

Miss Dreamstar
03-29-2012, 07:49 AM
It still won't work. I was going to start over anyway on a new host.

Hall of Famer
03-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Well you do not really need to start over to make your theme work, but if this is your choice... Anyway lemme know if you need more help with this.

solskenn
03-29-2012, 12:24 PM
I had my site go blank on me before too, I'm not sure what caused it though. I don't think it was anything to do with adding a theme, cause I hadn't tried installing one yet. I wasn't sure what I did to cause it either. Even after removing the /entire/ thing (luckily I hadn't yet done much work on it) and re-installing it all I still couldn't view it.

I assumed it was my at the time server which was 20m.us
Now I'm using ServersFree.com If you haven't yet gotten a new host, it's worth checking out. I haven't ran into many problems yet with it and it's got some great offers, all of them free, too! Heres a link for you to check it out
http://www.serversfree.com/server-features/

solskenn
03-29-2012, 01:33 PM
and it /just/ did it again. I know I didn't do anything to cause it this time.. cause it was working just a minute ago... and I didn't do anything different to it.

Edit: Oh thank goodness!! I just checked the one from my old server (why, I don't know) and it was back to normal. I'm assuming the blank page is just the server going down for a bit. Wait around and see if it shows up again later.

mods, sorry for double posting before.. I wasn't thinking and was used to the forum on another petsite that would take a double post and turn it into just one post.

Miss Dreamstar
03-29-2012, 05:18 PM
My site has been down for about a day now, and I don't think it's the host. As I said earlier, I'm going to try a different host.

solskenn
03-29-2012, 06:06 PM
I know my old one was down for at least 3-4 days.. I gave up checking on it for a while.. and only just happened to check on it today when my new one went down. I intend to spend this time drawing some items and pets for my site (not very well.. but its a start xD) I put too much work into it this time to just move off onto another server..

Miss Dreamstar
03-30-2012, 07:14 AM
It's back up again... thanks for the help anyway.

solskenn
03-30-2012, 09:40 AM
It's back up again... thanks for the help anyway.

I was wrong.. it doesn't mean the server is down. I submitted a "help" question thing in hopes they'd notice it was down and fix it...this was their reply.

"Hi,

Blank page is shown when your website is under review. It can take sometime, you just need to wait.

ServersFree.com Support Team"

So your going to see a white page again. I'm assuming it goes for most servers or free servers.