PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

StarGirl
03-31-2012, 04:37 AM
1. When I change my avatar in the profile settings, I press save and the avatar stays the same. I refresh and everything but it's no difference. The path box also stays as the default one when I go back to check if it saves the avatar link back in the settings panel. Is it just me or is it a bug? :P

Hall of Famer
03-31-2012, 04:40 AM
It is reported in Bug Tracker already:
http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/project.php?issueid=2

I will fix it for Mys v1.3.1, but please consult Silverdragontearsif you need it to be resolved right now. She was the one who pointed this out.

StarGirl
03-31-2012, 05:45 AM
I didn't notice that, sorry.
I have another thing though, I can't add a new adoptable, it won't appear in the database after I add it. I'm using v1.3 and haven't modified very much..
Edit: I can do this through PhpMyAdmin now, so this isn't a problem anymore. Though it'd be easier through a form.

solskenn
03-31-2012, 07:11 AM
Have you uploaded the images, then went to create a pet? It works fine for me.

StarGirl
03-31-2012, 08:23 AM
I found the problem. In the query that adds the adopt to the database, I had a ' in the description and it messed with the code. :P Now that I've got this working, how would I make the "Enable Alternate Friendly Signature BBCode" thing in settings work? I open the .htaccess file like it says and I see the bit that I think I'm supposed to edit but edit it in what way?? Take it out? Add something in?

SilverDragonTears
03-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Find this in profile.php:

// Run update queries...
$query = "UPDATE {$prefix}users_profile SET nickname='{$nickname}' ,
gender='{$gender}' ,
color='{$color}' ,
bio='{$bio}' ,
favpet='{$favpet}' ,
about='{$about}' WHERE username='{$loggedinname}'";
$adopts->query($query);

// All done!

Replace with:

// Run update queries...
$query = "UPDATE {$prefix}users_profile SET avatar='{$avatar}' , nickname='{$nickname}' ,
gender='{$gender}' ,
color='{$color}' ,
bio='{$bio}' ,
favpet='{$favpet}' ,
about='{$about}' WHERE username='{$loggedinname}'";
$adopts->query($query);

// All done!

Hall of Famer
03-31-2012, 11:50 AM
I've fixed this for Mys v1.3.1, the solution is also posted in the bug tracker. And yeah it is just the same as Silverdragontears suggested.