PDA

View Full Version : Random Markings + Patterns

TheBigBlack
04-25-2012, 08:01 PM
So I was thinking. Some sites I've seen have 'random' marking or pattern generators included in their adoption system. I think it would be really cool if we could add that, maybe not in the system, but as a mod?

So the system would basically:
1. Pick one of, say, however many alternate images for the same egg/etc that you posted. Say I have a breed of horse which allows for 5 base colorings (Brown, Bay, Chestnut, Cremello, and Grey), it will pick one of those first of all.
2. It would pick a pattern or two out of however many patterns I have. For example, it could pick one pattern out of my 5 (Roan, Blanket Appaloosa, Leopard, or No Pattern). It would add that on top of my adoptable image so it appears as if the horse now has a pattern.
3. It would pick a number of markings out of my total markings. Say the system will pick 5 markings out of my 11 (Sock (4 feet), Blaze, Stripe, Stocking (4 feet), or No Marking).
4. Generate the finished image by layering all of these images on top of each other, with the base coat being the bottom, and the last marking being the top.
5. Display finished image as an adoptable, the one you adopted.

This would probably only work with adoptables that you adopt as an adult, although I'm not sure if that's possible or not.

I hope that's clear enough, and sorry I could only do it with horses, but I honestly have no idea about any other animal xD

Anyway, I think it would be a cool system to have if you wanted to have a lot of unique adoptables, and not have 50 or 100 people have the exact same one. Not sure if it's even possible to add or not, but it would be a good project for anyone who has the time.

AlexC
04-25-2012, 08:45 PM
There was a mod similar to this once that allowed you to color adoptables. however I haven't seen the person around, so I don't think they'll update it.

I agree this would be pretty sweet - but really, really hard to make, I think.

You may have better luck asking a very experienced coder for help or paying someone to make it for you.

TheBigBlack
04-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Yea, I suspect I'll end up paying someone to do it eventually xD But I thought it might be something that a lot of people would like, so I figured I'd post it here and see if anyone would want to take a shot at making it ^^

AlexC
04-27-2012, 03:44 PM
It is a good idea, but I don't think you'll find someone to code one that would work for everyone. :3 Good luck though if you find someone who can make it.

Abronsyth
04-29-2012, 05:57 AM
It's a great idea, but what Gloometh said :)