PDA

View Full Version : Pull avatar from MyBB information...

Tequila
04-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Is there a way to pull the avatar for a user from the linked forums? If so, what would it look like in code?

*Something that's totally over my head here*

SilverDragonTears
04-30-2012, 08:04 PM
You could just do a regular query... but with the new script I'm not sure if it would work. You could try though.

Tequila
04-30-2012, 08:27 PM
I'll have to give it a try... later, right now I'm ready to collapse... and I have five days off left to waste...

Hall of Famer
05-02-2012, 10:54 PM
umm you want to use the avatar on the forum on your site? This is definitely doable and shouldnt be hard. You need to include the config_forums.php to whatever page you are using(if it is not included), and instantiate a forum database object in the similar way as what you see in register.php. Then select the database information in table prefix.users in your mybb table.

Tequila
05-03-2012, 08:21 AM
umm you want to use the avatar on the forum on your site? This is definitely doable and shouldnt be hard. You need to include the config_forums.php to whatever page you are using(if it is not included), and instantiate a forum database object in the similar way as what you see in register.php. Then select the database information in table prefix.users in your mybb table.

All right I'll try that after I finish recovering... Trans Siberian Orchestra puts on a really great show, and the long ride/drive home after wasn't all that great with fog monsters and miasma...

Hall of Famer
05-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Alright Nyxi, dont pull yourself too hard.

Tequila
05-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Won't... the concert was awesome, and I got back home at 1 this morning... If I had driven myself I would've been home in an hour (so 11:30-Midnight) but went with my mom driving. So... yeah, lots of sitting time. ;3

If anyone is interested (as a side note) on my little review, http://tekiira.com/2012/05/loud-and-bright/ ;3