PDA

View Full Version : Forum integration?

Aasixx
05-06-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm wanting to bridge my current forums ( http://www.albisian.freemybb.com ) to my adoptable site. Before I do this, do I need to delete all of the threads/posts and possibly users (not including myself)? I know I have to enter the forum's data info in inc/config_forums.php and change "mybbenabled" to 1 instead of 0. Where do I find my forums' data info at?

AlexC
05-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Your forum seems to be installed on one of those "create a free board" websites. You need to have your forum installed on your host, not someone else's.

Aasixx
05-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Oh, so you mean install/download forums from the site MyBB? No wonder why I was having troubles. And how would I install the forum on my host? I'm still a little confused on that. But I'm sure if you explained it to me, I'd understand it better. :3

AlexC
05-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Download the latest forum script from the mybb site - upload it to a sub-folder of your adoptable website (forum works), then go visit the index.php page of yoursite.com/subfolder/ and it should direct you through the process of installation.

It's quite similar the install process of mys - there should also be a readme file for you to go through, so check for that. My knowledge may be off since its been a while since I've installed it, but most installs go like that.

Aasixx
05-06-2012, 02:55 PM
So I won't need to unzip the file, right? *please tell me I don't have to*

and when you say "sub-folder" what do you mean? a file?

AlexC
05-06-2012, 02:59 PM
you'll need to either before you upload it via a FTP program or after you upload the zipped file to your host.

Aasixx
05-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Okay, thanks. :)