PDA

View Full Version : x10hosting Is Crap

Abronsyth
05-14-2012, 05:50 PM
So, a few months ago, I purchased Premium hosting from x10hosting, and, to start, it was fantastic. Now, x10hosting guarantees 99% uptime for all sites. However, recently, my site has had some major down time, lasting up to several days, it's been screwing up with the files and giving me fatal errors that I know should not exist, and basically has turned into a pile of sh**.

The great part..? I'm not the only one experiencing this crap. I know Gloometh was having problems with it, as was Aasix...and probably countless other users. Seeing as this used to be a host that I highly recommended...I really am just disgusted with it.

So, fantastic, now we another crap host.

(Honestly, I think the best host I've ever stayed with was this (http://99webs.info/gemstonehosting), which I am going back to ASAP.)

So, who else has experienced this sh** with x10hosting?

AlexC
05-14-2012, 05:55 PM
You know the thing with 99.9% uptime for all sites? They no longer say that. I remember when I first signed up, they had that for free sites. Then a little later, I came across a forum thread where someone was asking why it had suddenly gotten so bad, and you know what the staff said? "We don't guarantee uptime for our free hosting, if you see this anywhere on our site, please contact us so we can remove it".

WTF? Seriously?

I love gemstone - my only problem is ads, but I'm getting that fixed when I upgrade. If Nemesis could just offer domains, I'd be the happiest webmaster alive. But I get why that's difficult and stuff, so I'm not worried.

Abronsyth
05-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Blag, I paid for Premium, which GUARANTEES 99% uptime! They be crazy!

Yeah, I'm paying for gemstone, cheaper than x10hosting, at any rate.

Hall of Famer
05-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Well there is not a single best host for anyone, the word 'appropriate' is a better word to use. I had a huge problem with Pacifichost when I tried to work on a video sharing site, it completely killed the traffic I was getting and destroyed all the hardwork. Some actually said it was good, but not good from my point of view. This is why I never really recommend any hosting services to you guys/gals, except for Nemesis since we are kinda like partner sites. More importantly, he's been used to hosting sites using this script, and for this reason you can expect better supports for Mys sites.

Ruinily
05-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Lol you should try being on the free service for x10, my site kept randomly going down for a week at one point. >.>' I want to move it, but I'm a bit worried since I havent done that before and I dont know anything about other providers... I was thinking of paying x10, but I guess thats not a good plan now... And with diablo 3 about to come out I wont have time to sort it out anyway. XD

AlexC
05-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Nemesis can move sites from x10~ That's what he did with mine.

Ruinily
05-15-2012, 11:23 AM
:o Where does he move them to? That'd be handy if its a good place...

Tequila
05-15-2012, 11:27 AM
I tried x10 for a pokemon project site, now I just run everything on Gemstone... except burakki (which I'll be getting rid of).

Gloometh, you could try Dynadot (http://www.dynadot.com/?s6f657bT7U6TA9W) for registrations, it's where I pick up all my domains and it's not badly priced.

Nemesis
05-15-2012, 11:34 AM
It makes me happy reading this as I do work hard on my own host. For domains I am working on getting that set up. I need to get an account with some other domain registrar then work it into the script so you guys can manage them. I'll offer them as cheap as can be too. just takes time to set up.

AlexC
05-15-2012, 02:50 PM
@Ruinily - to his host. :3

@Nyxi - I have used network solutions and they come for about $30... I just checked them and they offer the same domain I want for $10! Is that the domain hosting you use?

Aasixx
05-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Nemesis' host is definitely the best.. I plan to switch from x10hosting to his host asap. I'm having problems with x10hosting and it's really aggravating and I just... ugh.. D|

Tequila
05-15-2012, 04:49 PM
@Ruinily - to his host. :3

@Nyxi - I have used network solutions and they come for about $30... I just checked them and they offer the same domain I want for $10! Is that the domain hosting you use?
Nah, I get all my names through Dynadot. Like when I registered tequilacorbly.me it was only 8.99, but the renewal is 20 (but it's a .me!) so I put up with it. Their .com, .net, .org, etc.. are only 9.99, but the .in are on sale for 3.99. The most expensive are .mx for 40.

Unlike the .nu domain that I want... :3

AlexC
05-15-2012, 05:51 PM
hmmm... I'm going to have to talk to my dad about buying me one through them then, its a good deal! Do you know how much the .com renewal is for?

Tequila
05-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Same as registration price. ;3 If you do, please feel free to use my referral. ;3 I get money towards my own domains. ;3

AlexC
05-15-2012, 07:21 PM
What's your referral? I can do that.

Aasixx
05-16-2012, 02:58 PM
@Nyxi: I should check them out also.. If I do decide to buy a domain name through them, I'll use your referral also.

kyrctyn
07-21-2013, 07:34 PM
When I first started using x10 for an adoptable site using MAS, it was amazing and easy to use, but now, it wont even let me install the MAS :( I got really upset and have pretty much given up on my site idea...

Hwona
07-21-2013, 07:41 PM
O.o looks like I'm not the only one who can't connect to the server.
Kind of feel like moving to nemesis' host, but I'm a bit worried that some people won't be able to find the site anymore. :(

Ruinily
07-21-2013, 11:09 PM
O.o looks like I'm not the only one who can't connect to the server.
Kind of feel like moving to nemesis' host, but I'm a bit worried that some people won't be able to find the site anymore. :(

Then you can do what I did and pull all the email address out of the database and send a mass email. ^_^ But make sure you use bcc to hide the email addresses from everyone you send them to just in case any spammers signed up, you wouldnt want them to get your members emails. >.>'

Hwona
07-21-2013, 11:11 PM
O.o Thanks - Planning on doing this as soon as I at least attempt to finish the new system.

Hall of Famer
07-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Umm x10hosting's old servers seem to be fine, but some of their new servers do not have PDO enabled for unknown reason. PDO is used by many modern internet applications, so its a universal problem, not just with this script.

Ruinily
07-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Yeh it was the same with my host, the older accounts had PDO enabled, but I had to request it. :/ I wonder why everyone turned it off recently...