PDA

View Full Version : Content Manager

Nemesis
06-05-2012, 10:06 PM
I've been working on a new site. It's going to be a content manager. Basically all of your favorite sites can be added to it via RSS and you will only have to log in to one site and view through your categories for latest content. I still have many things to add but I invite you to try it out and let me know if you think its a good/use full idea. Thanks!

Login: demo
pass: demo

Site won't accept new accounts at this time sorry :(

http://rss.99webs.info/

AlexC
06-06-2012, 06:52 PM
*leaps out of nowhere* what is this you say? You are giving me an easy way to see all my updates easily and quickly? :D With awesome format too. <33 yay!

PTGigi
06-06-2012, 08:38 PM
OMG. This is epic O:

Nemesis
06-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Wow thanks if this is a great idea I'll hurry up and finish it. I was trying to make it like an ultimate homepage. open a browser and there is all the content you enjoy. I was making it for myself so i looked for a script and found one that allows multiple users so I thought why not.

Anyone that wants to help on this project can. I am open to suggestions. Its already been suggested to make the font bigger so i'll be doing that.

again thanks. I also plan to link to facebook youtube etc... quick navigation buttons :)

AlexC
06-07-2012, 04:01 PM
If you want, I'm pretty good at organizing and steamlining stuff - most of the RSS readers I've found are just overwelming, but I can help make it look nice and stuff, if you need that.

Nemesis
06-07-2012, 09:06 PM
that would be awesome gloometh! I do like your sites/designs if you can think of some enhancements for it that would be great. I'll work on getting you an access account.

AlexC
06-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Alright, thanks! :D I'll have a look though, think of some things. Do you want me to do them myself, or tell you and have you do them?

Nemesis
06-11-2012, 01:38 PM
I have been very busy lately this kinda got pushed back. Hope to bring it back to the front soon.

solskenn
06-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Lets see, You have..
News, Games, Comics, and Youtube.

Could we create sub-categories? for example:
Games should have some sub-categories. One for online games that you just go and play for something to do (Like greatdaygames.com) so that you have a link to the site when your done, and a notice if there is a new game. One for game news and updates (latest game console, latest games in stores and game reviews), and One for Community Game Sites (Neopets, Gaiaonline, Subeta, CreatureWorld etc.) and it should be fully editable so you can get your favorite sites.

There should also be a social feed, so you can add facebook, twitter, myspace or whatever one you use and not need to have all of them or be restricted to just having one of them.

The idea is great and awesome and I love it ^,^ can't wait to see it finished. Those are just some ideas I had for it at a glance around.

Nemesis
06-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the input. that really inspires me to keep working at it. The categories I have are just examples when I open the site to public you can make your own account and it will have 0 categories so you will need to make your own.

Initially there are no sub categories but that is a great idea. So for a bit users will need to give descriptive names to their categories to know what feeds are in there.

Social feeds is also a top priority. Twitter is very easy to integrate but facebook, youtube, and others are proving difficult and I may have to find some work arounds.

Reason I lost time for this project is I am also doing a research project at school I am being evaluated for a web design job that pays real nice. But I should be able to finnish it this weekend.

solskenn
06-13-2012, 01:23 PM
how do you add feeds? will there be a selection to chose from, or can you add them with a link? will you be able to log onto your account there so as to access personal feeds as well as public feeds? (like not just hottest song but if someone commented on your vid or messaged you)

Nemesis
06-19-2012, 03:32 PM
There may be some popular public feeds shown on site when a user is not logged in. To add a feed you go to any site and look for their rss. usually after clicking that button all you need is the url of that page. usually ends in .xml but that will be the url you add.

Social feeds are hard but i am working on getting feeds like when ever someone writes on your wall or comments and you can only have certain ppl like close friends show in the feed.

sorry this is taking so long im doing a research project and the web department liked my presentation and have offered me a job so just been busy.

Hall of Famer
06-30-2012, 04:00 PM
I see, so how is the progress of this project so far? Just wondering.

Nemesis
06-30-2012, 04:06 PM
needs attention but im getting back to it soon. Thanks for your interest and if you guys are noticing I am getting a lot done with my adopt site. This is because I am off work for 10 days lol so need something to do lol:colonu:

Nemesis
07-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Okay it has taken longer than I wanted, and I still want to do a lot with this site but it is now ready for members that want to use it.

Here's the link again http://rss.99webs.info/ and basically this site is an RSS news feed organizer. If you follow a bunch of blogs, news, video games, comics, or what ever you can create categories and add the feeds. All your favorite content will be in one place and you will know what articles you have already seen and what is new.

Thanks for your interest, I am still developing this. So please provide feedback :)