PDA

View Full Version : Hello, lyrl here.

quirkii
07-07-2012, 04:39 AM
Hi, this is Quirkii/Lyrl. I'm not completely new to the forums, as I have been lurking around here for a while, and already created my adoptables site a few days back; but because of some unknown reasons, I was unable to register here for a while. So big thanks to HOF for making an account for me and letting me post here, I can't express just how grateful I am for this. So thank you once again.

This is my current adoptables site, http://www.quirkidigital.x10.mx/index.php It's a digimon character adoptable site- so it mostly deals with human adoptables, but I'm planning to have some digimon ones, as well as adoptables from other series' or original characters as well. But mostly human characters.

I do my own illustrations, so I'm pretty much covered in the art area; but when it comes to coding you can say I'm a total noob. I self taught myself some really basic html/css stuff but that's hardly enough (goes without sayingXD;), so I'm really seeking for help, and hoping to learn around here. Please, pardon me in advance because I'm pretty wordy and I can ask a lot of questionsXD;

I find it funny how fate has brought me over to Mysidia. Initially, all I wanted was to make anime looking adoptables, like the ones on Squiby, there wasn't a need for others to register and people who want it can still spread it around as long as they have the html code, I wasn't even intending to make my own website. But it just so happens that every time I want to make an adoptable, the Squiby site goes down- I couldn't register for an account there and I couldn't make any adopts. In it's most recent downtime (which is still ongoing now), I realized how dependent I am on Squiby, and how everyone who uses it are reliant on it. Once the site was down, all the images will not load, be it in site or outside the site, and naturally none of the adoptables can be clicked or leveled. Seeing this made me see the potential of having my own adoptables site, where I have much more control over the downtime of my site and adoptables (since I also heard that there are many glitches with Squiby). Of course, I've briefly tried out many other adoptable sites before this; since I couldn't get how to use Mysidia on my first try; such as myadopts and easyrpg, but due to reasons such as the images won't load or won't change when it evolved, or glitches that I can't fix due to the lack of customization, I eventually settled back to Mysidia again, and got it right the second time (I might have entered the wrong admin password on my first try, and couldn't log into the admincp of my site...). Making my own adoptable site was one of best decisions I've made, and I'm currently pretty happy with the functions it has, albeit with some bugs and glitches here and there, which I'm pretty sure most could be fixed. I'm really happy that this script exists, because without it non-coders like me would probably be unable to materialize my ideas (I've always wanted to make my art more interactive, rather than to be just a pretty piece to look at.). So, if you've made it this far reading this lengthy backstory, thank you once more.

Hope to talk to you guys more:D (and sorry if I'm being incoherent, English's not my native><;)

Hall of Famer
07-07-2012, 06:03 AM
Welcome to Mysidia Adoptables, Quirkii. Glad to know you are finally able to get on this forum, have fun and dont hesitate to ask questions if you have any.

quirkii
07-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Thank you, and I guess I'm already asking quite a few (albeit incoherently)XD Thank you again:D