PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Ideas?

SkyWing
03-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Welcome~
Yes, I am completely aware there is about 10 of these breeding ideas, but I think I have a few new ones.

1. Family Tree
I used to play a popular game called Howrse. You could adopt horses, breed them, and what not. But the cool thing about it is you could track the parents and grandparents. I think this would be excellent for our websites.
2. Gestation Period
To make things more realistic, I think we should be able to set a gestation for our female pets. I can relate back to my old days when I played www.foopets.com. You would breed the pets, then come back every day, anxiously awaiting your new litter. It keeps things interesting. Maybe instead of an exact amount of days, it could range from say 5-8.
3. Breeding Item
I know this will be my second time relating to www.Foopets.com, but that website just has so many features that interest me. But in the game, you can save up all of your FooDollars (which is basically the main currency.) and buy a Breeding Pass to breed your pets. It is the only way to breed your pets. It can be gifted to you, bought straight from the breeding part of the shop, or you can bid for it.
1. Genes
What if your pet had stats (Speed, intelligence, obedience, agility) that could be passed on from their parents? Like, say your pet has maxed out all these stats, and it breeds with a pet that excels in agility and obedience. Their offspring could have a %40 chance of taking after the higher stat parent, and %60 of taking after the other. It would be amazing. Users would search for pets with high stats.

I know these will be REALLY hard to get into the script. How could it not?!
But I have just one more request. It is not breeding related, but I think it would REALLY improve our games.
4. Customize pet background
Buying items for your pets is fun-but sometimes it can get boring if they have no purpose. But if you could purchase an item and be able to put it in your pet's background, that would be awesome. You could decorate your pet's home. And, if your adoptables aren't GIFS, you could actually make clothing.

Thank you SO much for your time.

SkyWing
03-09-2013, 05:40 PM
~Bump~

Thank you for checking out this thread! ^-^

Missy Master
03-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Your breeding ideas are really excellent, if I can get past some basic things with the coding (I coded mods extensively for the old old script ), I hope to be able to fulfill these.

I actually had some codes where you had your egg or baby 'in limbo' for several days till it hatched or was born.

A pregnancy period would be really fantastic!

Infernette
03-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Wow this would be awesome to have :)

Hwona
03-11-2013, 07:30 PM
That WOULD be really cool. I just hope that if these changes are made, the admin can modify them.

SkyWing
03-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Thank you all very much ^ ^
I really do hope we could have these features added into our games.

Abronsyth
03-20-2013, 01:45 PM
In 1.3.3 there is now a feature for breeding that lets users create offspring for adoptables, so while it's not actually genetics the admin can create the illusion that it is :) Also, with 1.3.3 you can now set a specific item needed to breed two pets :D