PDA

View Full Version : Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.3[Security Release]

Hall of Famer
03-16-2013, 12:30 PM
It is finally about time to reveal the next version of Mysidia Adoptables to the public. This Mys v1.3.3 is also a significant improvement over the last version rather than a maintenance release. It has several new features that you may wish to explore, here are a list of them:

1. Enhanced Object Oriented code and SEO friendly URL: Just like what I've been doing in Mys v1.3.2, Mys v1.3.3 signifies another huge leap for the development of this script in OOP. The concept of front/app-controller is being applied everywhere in the script, Mys v1.3.3 introduces 100+ new classes/object types. In a perfect script everything is an object, so this is the right direction to go. The benefits of OOP are evident with the new SEO friendly URL, I hope you find it better than the old-styled URL.

2. GUI API and Brand new Template Engine with Smarty: This can be a bit tricky to understand. In Mys v1.3.2 one big issue is how to add html tables, forms, links, images and all those elements into the document, Mys v1.3.3 solves this problem with a GUI API. The template engine also has been upgraded to Smarty, it is easy to use and efficient in terms of performance. Getting used to new template system should take minimum time for those of you already familiar with HTML.

3. Breeding System Overhaul: If you have been following my latest blogs, you should've been very familiar with the advanced breeding system. This one is much more powerful than the simple breeding system we had before, admins have full flexibility to control the outcomes of breeding. You can specify which species can be produced with given two types of parent adoptables, you can set a list of conditions for this to happen, you can even turn off the breeding system in debug time.

4. The new Daycare System: The daycare system is completed for Mys v1.3.3, it is a suggestion from the user Iris and I believe it will be a good addition to the software. The daycare center works like a location where users see random or all adoptables eligible for daycare. The admins can decide on both the layout of the daycare system, and a few basic settings. The daycare system is expect to help a great number of aspiring adoptable clickers.

5. Customizable Modules and Sidebar through ACP: Another feature I have planned for Mys v1.3.3 was the customizable sidebar system, and I ended up designing a sidebar capable of handling user-generated modules. With Mys v1.3.3, you can not only manipulate existing modules such as money-bar and links-list, but also creating new modules to display on Sidebar. With this, it should be a simple task to have user avatars shown on the sidebar, if you know just a tiny bit of coding.

6. Minor new features and Glitch Fixes: Mys v1.3.3, on the other hand, has fixed a few bugs from the old version. The theme installer is working fine now, although it does not check validity of your theme folder location so you need to keep track of this yourself. The SYSTEM user glitch with private messages is also fixed, you wont receive fatal error anymore. Minor bugs such as guests sending friend requests and viewing available plugins are also resolved in this version.

Installation Guide:
1. Use ftp to Upload the entire folder Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.3 to your preferred directory, and change the name to whatever you like.
2. Change the CMD of folder "picuploads" to 777, together with its subfolders, this is required to enable user uploading images. Also change the CMD of the subfolders "cache", "compile" and "config" in your template folder to 777.
3. Rename the file config_adopts to config.php, otherwise the script will tell you config.php does not exist.
4. Access the installer script at "http://yoursitename.com/install/index.php", follow the instructions and proceed.
5. Congrats, you've successfully installed Mys v1.3.3. There is no need to manually encrypt your password in Mys v1.3.3, so cheers!

Note: The value pepper code can be generated from a website called: http://strongpasswordgenerator.com/, it can be of any length and may contain symbols. Make sure to delete the file install/index.php after running this script, or your site is potentially at danger if this file is accessed by someone else. Also make sure your server is running on PHP 5.3.0+ and supports PDO, the latter is especially important.

Upgrade Guide:
An upgrader from mys v1.3.2 is available, and should be easy to use. To upgrade, simply upload all script files to your folder and overwrite the existing ones. The config file is named config_adopts.php by default, so your old config file should be safe. Now run the upgrade.php script to complete this task, shouldnt take more than 10 secs.

Note the upgrader may break your site's template file. This is due to the adoption of Smarty template engine, but the benefits of using Smarty offsets this potential issue. Since it does not break your css file, the conversion should be easy. For the first 10 days after Mys v1.3.3's release date, I will be taking requests to convert old user's template .html file into Smarty compatible format. So lemme know if you need help with template conversion, it really is not difficult.

Do not use the upgrader if you have a site with heavily modified script! Mys v1.3.3 also has many significant changes over Mys v1.3.2, I am not sure if old addons/plugins will work but conversion should not be difficult no matter what. What can be sure is that the upgrader will not do its job if your script is highly customized, in this case you need to upgrade manually.

Forum Integration Guide:

First of all, make sure you have both fresh installation of Mysidia Adoptables and MyBB forum. Open the file /inc/config_forums.php, enter each empty field for the database info of your MyBB forum. Then Change the variable mybbenabled from 0 to 1. The very last step is to disable registration on the forum. It is all said and done, new users will have accounts created from both the adoptables site and the forum from now on. In Mys v1.3.3 they also log into site and forum accounts simultaneously! The forum stats is automatically updated whenever a new registration is completed, so there is no need for admins to update forum stats in ACP from now on.

Download Links(both .rar and .zip are provided):

Rapidshare links:

Rar version:
http://rapidshare.com/files/4044052223/Mysidia%20Adoptables%20v1.3.3.rar

Zip version:
http://rapidshare.com/files/3052950212/Mysidia%20Adoptables%20v1.3.3.zip

Mediafire Links:

Rar version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vramz9l2f9ciu0c

Zip version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?u869zm28oy0bdoa

4Shared Links:

Rar version:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/l3O-WAQ4/Mysidia_Adoptables_v133.html

Zip Version:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/cGfG7XsR/Mysidia_Adoptables_v133.html

If you consider the changes from Mys v1.3.2 to Mys v1.3.1 are quite dramatic, this one is not much off. In Mys v1.3.3 the controller classes encapsulate every available actions, and you may need to change your coding style to adapt to the MVC(model-view-controller) direction Mysidia Adoptables is going if you are an aspiring coder yourself.

At this point we only have the 'C' here, while in Mys v1.3.4 the 'V' will most likely make its appearance too. By Mys v1.4.0 I hope to achieve a true MVC architecture design for Mysidia Adoptables, which should be good news for programmers who plan to design mods/addons for the script. The script is still not fully object oriented yet, but we are moving fast towards this destination. In a perfect script everything is an object, we are nowhere close to perfection, nor is perfection achievable, but we can be as close to it as we can.

I thank you everyone who stick to us and this project for so long. Mys v1.3.3 sure did not take as long as Mys v1.3.2 to be released, but I still need to speed this up a bit. The good news is that as the script is becoming more and more object oriented, the development wont take as much time as it used to be moving on from Mys v1.3.1 to v1.3.2. Id say around two to two-half months between each release is a reasonable scenario. I will post my plans for Mys v1.3.4 and v1.4.0 later, please keep track with it if you want to.

Have a great weekend everyone, I hope you enjoy the latest work from Mysidia Adoptables Dev Team.

Hall of Famer
March 16, 2013

Monopet
03-16-2013, 02:42 PM
This is amazing, thank you so much HoF and the team for all of your hard work <333
Is there any way us users could repay you?

Hall of Famer
03-16-2013, 03:20 PM
This is amazing, thank you so much HoF and the team for all of your hard work <333
Is there any way us users could repay you?

Thank you so much for your comment, Monopet. And well, we are making this script for free and it will remain to be free. If there's a wish I can make, I hope more people will be using the script and find it enjoyable. I aint that optimistic though, the script has never been popular to begin with and chances are it never will be. I am fine so long as there are at least a few regular users here so that I can get constant feedback and suggestions.

demoness
03-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Whoah, so fast! 00 You did great job with this script! Ill try it on my new hosting :3

Abronsyth
03-16-2013, 07:49 PM
Okay, this is really quite odd...my forum is set so that it's URL should be http://www.bellesombres.com/forum but when I try to access that it just leads me back to the index page? I've checked the files and the /forum folder is as it should be...so any idea why that URL just leads me to the index page..?

Hall of Famer
03-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Okay, this is really quite odd...my forum is set so that it's URL should be http://www.bellesombres.com/forum but when I try to access that it just leads me back to the index page? I've checked the files and the /forum folder is as it should be...so any idea why that URL just leads me to the index page..?

Does your forum script have a .htaccess file? If not, upload a copy of the .htaccess file from the Mys v1.3.3's /install directory to your forum directory, this should fix the unwanted URL redirect issue.

Abronsyth
03-17-2013, 11:33 AM
That was odd, for some reason my .htaccess file had been turned into a .txt document, but I fixed it and now it's working fine :)

Thanks, HoF!

Hall of Famer
03-17-2013, 11:37 AM
No worries, it appears to be an error from MyBB. I did notice that MyBB's .htaccess file is in .txt format when I was betatesting Mys v1.3.3 with their latest release MyBB v1.6.9. Its strange though, but guess even popular forumwares like MyBB makes mistakes. XD

Abronsyth
03-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Okay, now, when trying to access the day care page (/levelup/daycare) it just brings me back to the index page...I do have the daycare enabled. Any idea as to why this may be occurring and how I ought to go about fixing it..?

Hall of Famer
03-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Okay, now, when trying to access the day care page (/levelup/daycare) it just brings me back to the index page...I do have the daycare enabled. Any idea as to why this may be occurring and how I ought to go about fixing it..?

umm this is weird, never happened to me before. May I have a link to your site? I wonder if you've changed something in the code, but if not this can be quite serious.

Abronsyth
03-17-2013, 03:35 PM
http://www.bellesombres.com is my site and http://www.bellesombres.com/levelup/daycare is what the default link is for the daycare.

The only bits I've changed were in the footer, and the theme.

Hall of Famer
03-17-2013, 04:39 PM
It appears that the problem is not just with daycare. The profile page wont show either, it seems that you cannot have a valid url longer than this yoursite.com/controller. If you specify a non-default action for your controller, it wont show.

Anyway did this happen to you right after you installed the site? Or did it just occur after you played with the script for a bit(like changing the theme, adding an .htaccess file to forum directory)?

Abronsyth
03-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Um, this was happening before I altered anything. I haven't really had time to look around much...though apparently I can't log out once logged in either.

Infernette
03-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Um, this was happening before I altered anything. I haven't really had time to look around much...though apparently I can't log out once logged in either.

Heh, I'm also having this problem too, so it's not just you that is getting this either. :)

Hall of Famer
03-18-2013, 04:44 PM
umm this is too bad, the url rewrite is not funcitioning as it should. I'd like to look into this in detail, perhaps it has something to do with caching. Try changing the CMD of the folder /templates/cache and /template/compile to 777 and see if the error persists. If so, please lemme know and I will look more into it. In the worst case scenario, you will need to provide me with ftp access and I can play with the script a bit on your server to see why it aint working.

Abronsyth
03-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Changed the permissions but it's still not working...let me know if you'd like the FTP details and I can send them to you via PM. I trust you won't do anything to destroy my site (on purpose) XD

Hall of Famer
03-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Of course thats the least thing I would do. XD So yeah, Id like to see what the problem is by running a few PHP tests. After all, thats how I detect and resolve most glitches. This one isnt likely to be a bug, more like a server environment issue. I will see what I can do.

Kesstryl
03-18-2013, 11:22 PM
Thank you so much for your comment, Monopet. And well, we are making this script for free and it will remain to be free. If there's a wish I can make, I hope more people will be using the script and find it enjoyable. I aint that optimistic though, the script has never been popular to begin with and chances are it never will be. I am fine so long as there are at least a few regular users here so that I can get constant feedback and suggestions.

Are you kidding me? This script is great! I love the support it has, the updates, right now it's the best thing out there aside from getting a programmer to code you a game for a fee. I'm grateful for all the hard work put into this. As an artist who is not a professional programmer, this means so much to me, to be able to turn my art into an interactive game. Even if there is ever a paid version and I pay for it, I will always keep the "powered by Mysidia" in the footer because I believe in giving credit where it belongs

Hall of Famer
03-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Are you kidding me? This script is great! I love the support it has, the updates, right now it's the best thing out there aside from getting a programmer to code you a game for a fee. I'm grateful for all the hard work put into this. As an artist who is not a professional programmer, this means so much to me, to be able to turn my art into an interactive game. Even if there is ever a paid version and I pay for it, I will always keep the "powered by Mysidia" in the footer because I believe in giving credit where it belongs

Thank you so much for saying this Miss Kesstryl, I really appreciate all these. And yeah, I actually consider the code in Mys v1.3.3 somewhat decent, unlike the previous versions which had quite a bit of spaghetti code. Anyway, I plan to achieve a somewhat professional-looking object-oriented script by Mys v1.4.0, it is going in the right direction. Please do keep following our updates and you will see what I am doing next for Mys v1.3.4 and v1.4.0.

Missy Master
03-19-2013, 10:04 PM
I was off a few days and I missed this, but YAY! It's here!!! I cannot wait to try this out!!

I'm so happy to see it at last!! Good work HoF and all who worked on it!! :)

Hedgen
03-20-2013, 12:08 AM
http://www.bellesombres.com is my site and http://www.bellesombres.com/levelup/daycare is what the default link is for the daycare.

The only bits I've changed were in the footer, and the theme.

Did you and Famer ever get this figured out?

I noticed the levelop/daycare also, and it only shows
"this is the index page
This is a sample article. All of this text you can change in the script admin control panel."

Also clicking logout shows "/login/logout" and it also only shows
"this is the index page
This is a sample article. All of this text you can change in the script admin control panel."
instead of logging out.

Hall of Famer
03-20-2013, 12:58 AM
Yes, I've sorted out the problem on Iris' site. The fact is that the URL Router aint working properly for sites with empty script path. It appears to be a mistake on my side, as the function str_replace() is mistakenly replacing every instance of forward slash '/ ' with blank space. On my demo site I have a script path concatenated to a forward slash, so it is not an issue. For this reason I have yet to be able to detect this glitch until Iris told me about it.

To resolve this, download the class_router.php file in this attachment and upload it to your server's directory /classes and replaces the old class_router.php. This should fix your problem. I've also updated the download links so new users do not have to go through this. I am terribly sorry for all these, I should've known that whats working out for me may not be working for other users. Perhaps it is a good idea to release a beta version of the script before the supposed stable release starting from Mys v1.4.0...

Hedgen
03-20-2013, 07:42 AM
Ah, ok thanks it works now :) Now to modify this script to do what I want it to do...xD

Edit: How would I make it so the registration page shows a disabled message? With v1.3.2 I just commented most of the pages script out then added an addcontent with the message I wanted.

Abronsyth
03-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Eep, found another URL problem...when trying to go from any /levelup/ page to a different page it does something funky and gives me this url:
http://bellesombres.com/levelup/click/adopt

I was trying to go to the adopt page after I clicked my adoptable. Also, when I adopt a pet and try to feed it, it goes to this url:
http://bellesombres.com/levelup/2

Instead of http://bellesombres.com/levelup/click/2

EDIT:
Okay, this just happens on the links I added manually to my side bar by creating a new module...

And now, for some odd reason, I get this error when trying to go to the /adopt page...even though it was working a few moments ago.
Fatal error: Call to a member function count() on a non-object in /home/bellesom/public_html/classes/abstract/abstract_guicontainer.php on line 392

Hall of Famer
03-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Looks to me that you added a module that does not work. Can you posted the code you used in the module? That may be the problem.

Abronsyth
03-21-2013, 01:09 PM
I just used the html portion:
<strong>Navigate</strong>
<ul>
<li><a href=index>Home</a></li>
<li><a href=forum>Forum</a></li></ul>
<strong>Adopts</strong>
<ul>
<li><a href=adopt>Adopt</a></li>
<li><a href=pound>Pound</a></li>
<li><a href=shop>Market</a></li>
<li><a href=promo>Promo</a></li>
<li><a href=breeding>Breeding</a></li></ul>
<strong>Explore</strong>
<ul>
<li><a href=trade>Trade</a></li>
<li><a href=levelup/daycare>Clickery</a></li>
<li><a href=stats>Stats</a></li>
<li><a href=search>Search</a></li></ul>
<strong>Community</strong>
<ul>
<li><a href=shoutbox>Shout</a></li>
<li><a href=profile>Members</a></li>
<li><a href=tos>Terms</a></li></ul> </ul>

Any ideas..? For the url problem or the /adopt page problem?

Hall of Famer
03-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Well there is a problem using html when it involves url, especially when you are using relative url. Try adding a slash at the beginning of your url so that it becomes absolute url, this will probably solve your issue. Note that the relative url begins at the last forward slash found on your current location.

Abronsyth
03-23-2013, 09:01 AM
Mmkay, I'll try that out shortly...

...anyways, what about my /adopt page error? I deleted the navbar module for now, but I get this error when trying to go to /adopt:
Fatal error: Call to a member function count() on a non-object in /home/bellesom/public_html/classes/abstract/abstract_guicontainer.php on line 392

Would you like me to post my abstract_guicontainer.php?

Hall of Famer
03-23-2013, 11:58 AM
There is nothing wrong with the code in abstract_guicontainer.php file unless you have modified it yourself. The error lies in your adopt.php file if you have it on your page, I am assuming you have created a few adoptables but none are available to adopt at this point? This can be a tricky one, and definitely is possibly a glitch.

Missy Master
03-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Okay just did a fresh and clean install of this on sim-pets.com-- everything seemed to go fine with the install, but every page I try to go to says not found - register, log in, all of them -- so to test it out I typed out login.php to see if it would go there that way:

Fatal error: Class 'AppController' not found in /home/simpets/public_html/login.php on line 3

( this was just a last resort to test it )

I did upload the new router class page as instructed but no go just even trying to log in:

The requested URL /login was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I did change config_adopts to what it needs to be, and I even checked in file manager that these pages are there - they are - I've made no mods at all and using nothing besides a totally fresh install of 1.3.3.

the address is: http://sim-pets.com

thanks for help, I'm likely just missing something. The index page does load fine, just can't go anywhere else lol.

Hall of Famer
03-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Well the URL format has changed, do not use .php at the end of yor site URL or you receive this class appcontroller not found error.

Hedgen
03-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Well the URL format has changed, do not use .php at the end of yor site URL or you receive this class appcontroller not found error.

When I add .php to a link, it just shows:
"this is the index page

as the content on any page with .php at the end, and it also has the site theme.

Missy Master
03-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Ah okay got it--- well just trying to log in at all, I get this:

The requested URL /login was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Same for all the other pages I try to go to...

Hall of Famer
03-23-2013, 10:43 PM
@Annatar:
It looks to me that you are missing the .htaccess file, the url rewrite aint even working.

Missy Master
03-23-2013, 11:06 PM
You were dead on right!! That solved it, it looks to be working perfectly, now to go check it all out! :)

Thanks for your work on all this H o F!! This looks utterly epic!!

Anyone else having this issue, its the .htaccess file! Make sure it gets loaded :)

GuardiansWish
03-25-2013, 01:40 AM
When I go to install this version to the site for a clean slate (I ended up remoing all my old stuff for various reasons), I am getting this error when I go to put in my database info and hit next:

Could not connect to database, the following error has occurred:
SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'adopts4'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Hall of Famer
03-25-2013, 06:13 AM
Apparently the username is incorrect for your database, does the user exist or have permission to use the database?

GuardiansWish
03-25-2013, 08:13 AM
The used exists and is attached to the database with full access.

Hall of Famer
03-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Nope, there must be some kind of mistakes with your database credentials. Either you specified the wrong database name, or that the user is invalid. If you were using the old database, its better to empty all tables before installing the script. Also check config.php to see if there's anything abnormal there.

GuardiansWish
03-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Never mind, I was a silly panda. I forgot to add the Chibifurs_ part of the database name...

Thank you for being patient with me. It means the world.

Hall of Famer
03-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Never mind, I was a silly panda. I forgot to add the Chibifurs_ part of the database name...

Thank you for being patient with me. It means the world.

I see, no worries I am just glad to see it work for you. Lemme know if you get any questions.

And regarding your last question, yes it can work even if you have users on your forum already, but you wont be able to sync forum users into your adoptables site. The trick here is to go to phpmyadmin and change the auto_increment ID to be identical from your adoptables and forum's table prefix.users. The User ID must match from one database to another.

GuardiansWish
03-25-2013, 08:32 PM
back with yet another question lol. I'm not sure if this is mysidia relate of phpbb related but here it goes.

I am trying to upload my phpbb forum to the server. I got the files in the thing and the link is: http://chibifurs.com/forum/phpbb/

I am getting the error: Fatal Error: Class ForumController either does not exist, or has its include path misconfigured!

I am unable to install it due to this error. Anything you might suggest?

Hall of Famer
03-25-2013, 08:42 PM
You need a .htaccess file for your forum directory. If phpbb has one, upload it. Otherwise, simply upload the .htaccess file inside folder /install from mysidia adoptables.

GuardiansWish
03-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Okay that did get me a step further but brought up a different error, this time from firefox (my browser)

-------------

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

--------------

I have cookies to always accept.

Hall of Famer
03-25-2013, 08:51 PM
You have corrupted cookies or cache, empty them and it should work for you then.

GuardiansWish
03-25-2013, 09:34 PM
I cleared both and it's still coming up.

Hall of Famer
03-25-2013, 10:57 PM
umm this is weird, but would you mind telling me why your directory /forum/phpbb? I thought phpbb and forum are the same thing? Anyway, does PHP come with a .htaccess file? If so, you need to upload that file. Sometimes its in .txt format, you need to change it to htaccess format instead.

GuardiansWish
03-25-2013, 11:40 PM
That was just to test somethis. the old forum had been forum/upload and I didn't know if it had been the second location making the difference. obviously not but hey, it was worth a shot xD.

it does and it's in there in the htaccess format.

Hall of Famer
03-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Well if it is in .htaccess format the forum should work for you perfectly. Are you sure it is not in .txt format, since some internat applications' .htaccess files do appear this way? Anyway you should upload the folder /upload to your root directory and rename it as forum rather than upload the entire folder of phpbb to your server with a subdirectory called /upload.

GuardiansWish
03-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Okay.....well phpBB folks say its something to do with Mysidia and we're running around in circles over here....If I PM yo uthe information, would you log in to our panel and see if you can find whats wrong? I'm thinking the problem at the moment may be that I don't know what I'm looking for. (Sometimes a second pair of eyes picks up what the first didn't)

Hall of Famer
03-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Well the best idea is to install PHPBB in a different directory rather than in a subdirectory of Mysidia, this will completely get rid of any possible .htaccess issues. Anyway, MyBB seems to work fine with Mysidia so long as its own .htaccess file is uploaded properly, not sure why PHPBB has this problem. Yes you can send me your login credentials, I will see what I can do to help you.

GuardiansWish
03-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Thanks hun. I'll send you the stuff over in a PM. Where do you think I should upload the new directory once you're done peaking around?

Hall of Famer
03-27-2013, 03:33 AM
Id say uploading the folder /upload to the root directory and rename it as /forum, but anyway I will see how it works. If you've installed the adoptables script in the root directory, it can be a bit tricky.

GuardiansWish
03-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Okay. I want to make sure I've got a handle on this before I do it. Wat if we did it like this:

Install Mysidia in a folder such as /adopts (or something like that)
Then install the forum in a folder such as /forum

(replied to PM)

Hall of Famer
03-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Then you wont have url redirect problem between the two applications. As a folder inside the mysidia directory is considered a subdirectory inside the script, you will need a proper .htaccess to change the url redirect settings in each directory.

GuardiansWish
03-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Okay. I'm going to go ahead and remove all the existing files and upload like that. Wish me luck!

GuardiansWish
03-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Okay. we through a new installation with mysidia at chibifurs.com/home. went though the whole thing and got the following error when it was completed on the new main page.

Warning: require(/home/chibifur/public_html/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/chibifur/public_html/home/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 323

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/chibifur/public_html/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/chibifur/public_html/home/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 323

Hall of Famer
03-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Looks like your script path is incorrect.

GuardiansWish
03-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Okay. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Hall of Famer
03-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Open your config.php and change the value in script path constant.

GuardiansWish
03-27-2013, 01:12 PM
okay this is what I have my config file saying, errors still coming up:

<?php
//Mysidia Adoptables Site Configuration File

define('DBHOST', 'localhost'); //DB Hostname
define('DBUSER', 'chibifur_riley'); //DB Username
define('DBPASS', '(i removed the password)'); //DB Password
define('DBNAME', 'chibifur_adopts'); //Your database name
define('DOMAIN', 'chibifurs.com'); //Your domain name (No http, www or . )
define('SCRIPTPATH', 'home'); //The folder you installed this script in
define('PREFIX', 'adopts_prefix');
?>

Hall of Famer
03-27-2013, 04:23 PM
It appears that you are missing a "/" in your script path, I fixed this for you already.

GuardiansWish
03-27-2013, 05:01 PM
thank you so much. now to hopefully get the forum online ^^

GuardiansWish
03-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Got the forum up (yay!) but is phpbb3 eligable for integration?

Hall of Famer
03-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Well of course its possible to integrate, but only MyBB is officially supported. You can always give a try integrating your forum and the adoptables site yourself, with a tiny bit of coding you can even get VBulletin and IPB to work.

GuardiansWish
03-27-2013, 06:06 PM
I shall give it a whirl and see how it turns out! Hopefully I won't be back lol

Hall of Famer
03-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Oh dont worry, I am glad to see users back with questions and suggestions. Think how boring it will be if everyone just downloads the script and never comes to the support forum at all. XD

GuardiansWish
03-27-2013, 10:08 PM
lol that's so true. I'm usually around if you want to chat <3

Okay I see that the sidebar links were changed. I used to be able to go into function.php and change the links in the sidebar so that they show up as images instead of text. is there any way to do that now?

AlexC
03-28-2013, 07:58 AM
I've been attempting to drag myself out of my hole and restart RFTW; I updated the new site but I'm getting the following error on all pages;

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Unable to load template file 'template.tpl'' in /home/ratties/public_html/inc/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:127 Stack trace: #0 /home/ratties/public_html/inc/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(374): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('template.tpl', NULL, NULL, NULL, true) #1 /home/ratties/public_html/classes/class_frame.php(226): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->display('template.tpl') #2 /home/ratties/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php(449): Frame->render() #3 /home/ratties/public_html/index.php(86): Mysidia->output() #4 /home/ratties/public_html/index.php(90): IndexController::main() #5 {main} thrown in /home/ratties/public_html/inc/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 127

I did have a custom theme, so I changed my options in the database to one of the main ones, but I'm still getting it.

Hall of Famer
03-28-2013, 08:09 AM
Check if you have the template file template.tpl in the theme's folder. If not, you need to create one.

AlexC
03-28-2013, 08:20 AM
Each theme folder has a template.tpl file - "new" didn't have one, but I copied one over, with no results. I was using main however.

http://rattiesftw.com/ site if you can pick up the problem?

Hall of Famer
03-28-2013, 08:32 AM
I see, did you 'install' the theme from ACP? If not, you will need to do this. An alternative way is to insert a row into your database prefix.themes to match the folder name for 'themefolder' and 'themeurl'.

AlexC
03-28-2013, 08:37 AM
I did install the theme in the database quite a while ago and I just checked now, it is still there.

Hall of Famer
03-28-2013, 08:52 AM
umm i see... Are you sure you tried to upgrade by uploading all necessary files from Mys v1.3.3? No file is missing? If so, perhaps the folder structure of your templates folder has some issues, or the settings of the template? Anyway, PM me your ftp and I will see what I can do for you. Its weird how the main theme aint working for you either.

AlexC
03-28-2013, 08:53 AM
I did the same thing I did every time I upgrade - ftp'd in, dragged over the files and hit "overwrite". It has worked before.

I'll pm you the details.

GuardiansWish
03-28-2013, 01:11 PM
Gloometh! Welcome back!

Famer, were you able to look at the imges for links thing I posted on the last page?

Hall of Famer
03-28-2013, 02:31 PM
lol that's so true. I'm usually around if you want to chat <3

Okay I see that the sidebar links were changed. I used to be able to go into function.php and change the links in the sidebar so that they show up as images instead of text. is there any way to do that now?

Well this time you will have to edit the sidebar either through ACP, or open the class_sidebar.php file to modify the script.

Abronsyth
03-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Hey HoF, just letting you know that I went ahead and finally tried the HTML links again and it worked out this time around perfectly :)

Hall of Famer
03-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Thats so good to know Iris, glad it works for ya. With the new SEO friendly URL, it is a good practice not to use relative url since it may direct you to weird locations that do not even exist. To fix the problem, use absolute url. XD

GuardiansWish
03-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Well this time you will have to edit the sidebar either through ACP, or open the class_sidebar.php file to modify the script.

Okay but what would I edit to put the image in instead of the text? Like actually in that code what do I need to edit?

I need:
adopt
logout
change theme
admin center
manage adopts
pound

The script kind of has me confused on that front.

Hall of Famer
03-28-2013, 03:21 PM
I see, there are two possible solutions to this problem. First of all, you can edit the script in class_sidebar.php, go to the method 'public function getSidebar()' and edit whatever you want inside. On the other hand, you can disable the default sidebar in ACP, and create a new module with html or php code specified.

GuardiansWish
03-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Okay I'm not seeing public function getSidebar()

I'm getting things like public function setModule($module) and public function getMoneyBar() but no public function getSidebar()

Hall of Famer
03-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Oh sorry, its getLinksBar(). XD

GuardiansWish
03-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Okay, I see that now, but I don't know where to input the image.

AlexC
03-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Hey HoF, I'm getting a funny error with my forum link... I have it in the sidebar, pointing to /forum, which is where the script is located, but I keep getting directed back to what I believe is the homepage? The address bar still says the proper url, but I'm not seeing my forum. I also tried /forum/index.php with the same result, and I edited the template to point to "http://rattiesftw.com/forum/" and "http://rattiesftw.com/forum/index.php" with no result either.

I believe somewhere you mentioned that the new url format automatically formatted links to match the new standard - is it possible that is the problem here?

Hall of Famer
03-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Well your forum needs to have its own .htaccess file, if you are running mybb forum you should have one but it may be in .txt format. If you are running other forums, you will have to find a way to get a custom .htaccess file that works.

GuardiansWish
03-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Okay, I see that now, but I don't know where to input the image.

Don't know if you saw this or not ^^

AlexC
03-29-2013, 07:57 AM
That seems to have done the trick, thank you very much!

Hall of Famer
03-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Don't know if you saw this or not ^^

Well this thread is supposed to be newbie Q/As. If you get further requests on advanced questions on how to improve your site, it's better to start another thread.

bobbybig
04-04-2013, 12:36 AM
I did a fresh install new files and database followed the install/index.php all the way through the steps and got to the "view your website" link. When I click on the link I get a 500 error on the site. It shows in the url that I am on the url link for the index of the site, but all it does is stack up on the error_log file.

The single error is

[03-Apr-2013 22:38:14] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method File::getExtension() in /home4/lazygam2/public_html/steambots/classes/class_file.php on line 51

I have checked the class_file.php and followed it to line 51. This tells me that there is some problem in the file defines for the site, but the site is on a sub domain so I can not install it in a file location other than in the main sub domain location, but it doesn't want to except the file location unless it is defined or something like that.

I have followed the development of this script since its 1.0.1 version, and have always enjoyed this script. I wanted to update the use of the smarty template plugin myself but seeing as this is the direction this development was going I put it off. Now I can't even use the script and I don't know what to do about it.

Here is the url to the site

http://steambots.lazygamerz.com/index.php

link to the error log

http://steambots.lazygamerz.com/error_log

I hope there is something that can be done to fix this problem.

Hall of Famer
04-04-2013, 10:38 AM
It seems to me that your server does not have SPL library enabled, or that your server is not running PHP 5.3.x. The SplFileInfo class has a method getExtension which is inherited in Mysidia's file class, this method is only available on servers running PHP 5.3.6 or above.

If your server is running PHP version between 5.3.0 to 5.3.6, I can try to get it to work for you with some minor edits. However, if it is PHP 5.2.x you will have to upgrade your PHP or change hosting service.

bobbybig
04-04-2013, 01:01 PM
will get back to you on pho on hosting ASAP. I know this is minor hiccup kind of thing.

It seems to me that your server does not have SPL library enabled, or that your server is not running PHP 5.3.x. The SplFileInfo class has a method getExtension which is inherited in Mysidia's file class, this method is only available on servers running PHP 5.3.6 or above.

If your server is running PHP version between 5.3.0 to 5.3.6, I can try to get it to work for you with some minor edits. However, if it is PHP 5.2.x you will have to upgrade your PHP or change hosting service.

Thank you after reviewing your comment and checking server settings I have changed the hosting php to 5.4 php and was able to get the code installed error free. I am thrilled to see this project moving to object orientation and smarty plug-in use I am excited to see what great things can be done with wanted areas of interest now. The sky is no where near the limits for this now :) keep up the great work.

Hall of Famer
04-04-2013, 01:44 PM
You are very welcome, you do not need PHP 5.4 to run the script though, as I believe PHP 5.3+ should be good enough. I've had people running into problems 'cause they were using PHP 5.2, cant help much when this happens lol.

And best luck with your adoptables site.

AlexC
04-05-2013, 08:20 AM
I seem to be having issues with the breeding script... I have adoptables that are level 1, (required level 1), male and female, but for whatever reason, they aren't showing up in the breeding center....

(god, what is it with me and glitches)

Hall of Famer
04-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Well change the default value for field 'lastbred' in table prefix.owned_adoptables to 0 rather than NULL. I remember in older MySQL version a NULL value is automatically converted into 0 for integer fields, it does not seem to be doing this anymore.

If you dont know how to do this, I will post another solution that requires modification of the breeding script. It wont be hard, but still more tedious than just altering default value in phpmyadmin.

AlexC
04-05-2013, 08:44 AM
I can totally do that, thank you!

Hall of Famer
04-05-2013, 08:57 AM
No worries, I guess I should take users hosting packages into account in future releases.XD Still I wont revert back to PHP 5.2 support, but anything other than that is achievable. ^^

pachoofoosh
04-23-2013, 05:50 PM
This is awesome! <3 I've installed it on my site, and so far have had no issues whatsoever.
This script is amazing and incredibly helpful to those wanting to make their own adoptable sites but lack the coding knowledge. Thank you so much for all your effort, support, and care put into this script; it does not go unappreciated. :D

Tequila
04-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Do we still have the changes to be made for forum integration for phpBB or not? I don't want to fight with MyBB (it doesn't like me much... *shrugs*)

Hall of Famer
05-01-2013, 05:54 AM
Well MyBB forum integration is the officially support bridge, sure in theory every forumware can work with this script. Perhaps someone made an unofficial bridge for PHPBB?

Tequila
05-01-2013, 07:22 AM
I'll have to go digging then...

Hall of Famer
05-01-2013, 07:25 AM
Yeah sounds that way to me. Perhaps I will design a generic forum integrator for Mys v1.4.0, depending on the workload. ^^

Tequila
05-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Sounds good to me!

Quick question, can I turn off the mod_rewrite? It keeps trying to ignore the board?
(I ran a quick test, it redirected the forum to the main page...)

Hall of Famer
05-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Well you just have to add a standard .htaccess file(which can come from the older script or the install folder) to the forum directory, and problem resolved. If you remove mod_rewrite, the adoptables script will stop working completely.

Tequila
05-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Ok. Will do that. ;3

SilverDragonTears
05-07-2013, 05:03 PM
I'm having issues with white pages. I don't have .php on the end?

I can't find the htaccess file in any of the upload folders.

Hall of Famer
05-07-2013, 11:03 PM
White page usually means that there is a syntax error, did you edit the file?

SilverDragonTears
05-07-2013, 11:20 PM
No but I figured it out. When I click on people's profiles I get : "Invalid Action Specified

You specified an invalid action that cannot be completed. "

SilverDragonTears
05-07-2013, 11:31 PM
I figured that out... but why can't you view your own profile? Also breeding link takes me to the index page. Or at least says what the index page says.

I also can't get to my shop items when I click to enter a shop.

Arrrrrg. /inventory/uses when I click on an adopt to use an item on it goes to a white page.

Hall of Famer
05-08-2013, 01:18 AM
I see. Dont think you cant view your own profile, no one has ever reported a glitch like this before, it clearly isnt a bug.

And did you try to upgrade the script? If so, I doubt it will work out for you easily, there will be significant amount of modification for you to do.

SilverDragonTears
05-08-2013, 01:29 AM
No I installed this on a new domain. I haven't modified any part of it.

Hall of Famer
05-08-2013, 03:33 AM
Thats weird, shouldnt have happened... Did you check the error log, there really is nothing on it? One possible way is to include the file in index.php and the syntax error message will show up. Thats how I test it on other users site if they give me ftp.

SilverDragonTears
05-08-2013, 11:42 AM
I don't know where the error log is. And I don't know how to test it either.

Hall of Famer
05-09-2013, 07:35 AM
I see, would you mind giving me ftp access so I can further evaluate whats going on there? A white page usually means a syntax error, but it's difficult to tell what it is now.

SilverDragonTears
05-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Thanks HoF :) I reinstalled it and it's all magically working now. Weird how that works huh?

SilverDragonTears
05-10-2013, 10:15 PM
So what happens if your offspring don't make it?

KaceKuma
05-15-2013, 07:28 PM
I uploaded the script and followed the directions given. However my site keeps giving me internal server errors. I can't get to anything. I know I entered the database information correctly as when I access it all the tables were generated. What am I doing wrong? :/
My site is kerochee.com and here is a pic of the database showing that the tables are all there: http://i43.tinypic.com/333vivc.jpg
Help?:coloness:

Tequila
05-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Could you post your config file? Black out your password though!

KaceKuma
05-15-2013, 08:08 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/a3fs77.png

Tequila
05-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Hm...

Strange. Have you tried to reinstall it?

KaceKuma
05-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Yes, I think I might try again, but I already tried to reinstall it once and it still is showing this. This is especially irritating since I had installed the script before on a different site, but under the same host and it worked perfectly fine. Not at all sure why it is giving me the error :(

Tequila
05-16-2013, 07:09 AM
Odd... I can't figure it out...

May want to see if Hoffie can help...

Missy Master
05-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Are you still having the problem ? :)