PDA

View Full Version : Parse Error on clean install of 3.4

KirinCrossing
09-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Hi I have been looking for a script like this for years. Now I have some trouble. I have finished a clean install into one of the subfolders on a website hosted on godaddy, linux server. I successfully followed the instructions to install, then deleted install folder, and then chmod'd the config file back to read only. I try to visit the site and I receive this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/08/8097208/html/SecretPetSite/alpha/classes/resource/native/objective.php on line 3

I try to login to my cpannel/admin area and am told the page can't be found

What did I do wrong and how to fix this?

Thanks for any and all help and suggestions.

Edit to Add: I'm running MYSQL 5.5. I know Namespace which is what is on line 3 in objective.php is only supported on version 5.3 and higher. So I don't think that's the issue. I really just can't figure it out. My PHP experience is pretty limited. Please help!

Edit to Add2: I wanted to see if it was maybe a problem with my host, so I tried another host, and I did not get this same error however, I get a completely different error (fun LOL!) The error now says "Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/var/www/html/play/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/vhosts/kirincrossing.6te.net/play/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326"

Hall of Famer
09-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Well the script does not have any requirement of the MySQL version you are using, its about PHP. You will need PHP 5.3 or above, not MySQL 5.3. Check the version of your PHP and see what it says.

Also if the script cannot load a class/file, chances are you have specified the incorrect domain or script path for your config.php file. Open it and edit whats inside to see whether it helps.

KirinCrossing
09-08-2013, 06:47 PM
:) Ah, yay. I feel dumb lol. But that fixed the issue ^-^ I am somewhat of a newb at php, so I did not know the difference really between that and mysql, I googled about the namespace error and assumed that by updating mysql that it was updating my php :) But I found out how to check my php version and then switched from 5.2 to 5.3 and that fixed my issue. :) Thank you very much!

Edit:
Hmm well at least I thought it had fixed my issues. I can view the site now, but I still can't login. http://partymotif.com/pets/petsite/login.php returns a 404 error. I have checked the file structure many times to make sure that's the correct path where login.php is located.

I can view the site at http://partymotif.com/pets/petsite/ so I at least know that it's installed. Now I just have to figure out why it's not letting me log in. I tried changing the permissions on the login.php to see if that was the issue, but it didn't make a difference.

Hall of Famer
09-09-2013, 02:09 AM
Looks like your domain or script path is incorrectly configured, open config.php and edit them to what match your actual path to the adoptbles site. Keep in mind that the domain and script path info are case sensitive, i've had users who believed they had entered the correct path but accidentally made a mistake on upper/lower case letters. A less likely cause is that it may be a problem with your .htaccess file, if you don't have it you will need to reupload that file. .htaccess is used for URL rewrite, it is crucial for this script to execute properly.