PDA

View Full Version : Level-up

SkyWing
09-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Hello everyone, i'm back [Minecraft can be VERY addicting, beware.]

I've finally figured out how to install the Mysidia Script onto my websites.
My websites tend to be less click-to-grow and more wait a specific amount of time to level up.

Is there a way to change the current way to level up? I'd like it if users had to wait a certain amount of time between each level for their pet. Maybe for level one, it would take 2 days to level up, and for level 2 it would take 4, and so on.

And there must be a way to modify the text to say "Age:" rather than "Level:"

Thanks for your time, hope i'm not being a pest ;3

~Sky

Hall of Famer
09-18-2013, 07:19 PM
I think its doable, but will likely require a cronjob script. In Mys v1.3.4 you can actually disable the levelup-click system, so users wont be able to level up adoptables through clicking. You can then set up a cronjob that updates each adoptables level/age per 2-3 days.

SkyWing
09-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Excellent, thank you.

How do you set up a cronjob script, though? I don't know a lot about Cronjob Scripts.

Tequila
09-20-2013, 07:44 AM
I found this while searching for information about easy cronjobs...
http://www.scripts4webmasters.com/autoresponder-blog/tech-articles/cron-tutorial-managing-cron-is-easy/

Possibly helpful, otherwise try this google search link: https://www.google.com/search?q=easy+cronjob+information&oq=easy+cronjob+information&aqs=chrome..69i57.4234j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Kesstryl
10-19-2013, 07:18 PM
For now this would make a good mod, but I'd love to see it as a feature in the future. I'm also not a fan of click games and would love to make my own site more like Chicken Smoothie where you wait a certain amount of time to have a pet grow.

Hall of Famer
10-20-2013, 08:17 AM
Well in Mys v1.4.0 or v1.4.1 I will introduce a scheduled task feature in which you can run pseudo cron jobs on your server to achieve time-based events. It will require your site to be at least not too inactive, since the scheduled tasks checks/evaluates when someone visits your site, even if its a google spider.