PDA

View Full Version : Factions (Bonus implementations?)

Kyttias
06-28-2014, 02:05 PM
This isn't something I'm interested in for my current site, but someone might like this:

- Multiple factions of players (user groups, not so hard, they just need to choose one available when they sign up).

- Everyone gains a secret currency when clicking adoptables that depletes to zero after one week (chron job).

- Faction participation totals are calculated before the currency depletes. (If user in X group, add column with the secret currency to total for X group. X group with highest total stored to variable.)

- The next week, everyone in the faction that participated the most would gain some percent more normal currency from participating, (if possible have a shop discount), (eventually someone could code a way for them to be more likely to have a random event happen), (someday someone could have an arcade that limits the number of times people play to 20 times a day, that total could become 25 for the winning team), etc.

- The winning team's faction would probably have a banner posted somewhere in plain site so players easily know who gets the bonuses that week.

- Possibly even higher multipliers for currency gained from normal participation for factions winning more than one week in a row?

(Development on something like this could/should wait until the next release of Mysidia. I wonder if anyone will be up to the task?)

squiggler
06-28-2014, 03:29 PM
This would be awesome! And when they registered on the forum, maybe they could have a secret faction-only forum, too! (Flight Rising anyone?) I love this idea.

Kyttias
06-28-2014, 04:26 PM
I had both Flight Rising and PokéFarm in mind. (On PokéFarm, there were special Pokémon you had a chance of winning based on how much you participated. Everyone was ranked by how much they participated. So... if you were in the top 10% of people who participated in feeding anyone's Pokémon, you then had a 90% of getting the special event Pokémon, because you participated 90% more than most people during that month. Everyone technically had a chance, so long as they did some participation at all, it just got really slim the less you did.) - (This in itself could also be replicated via a hidden 'currency', even without a faction attached to it.)

CallumCharlton
03-09-2015, 02:09 PM
This idea is brilliant! It is something I considered when first planning my site, and am still considering implementing it somehow now :3