PDA

View Full Version : Notification when someone comments on your profile?

Ittermat
03-22-2016, 01:16 PM
^ Title XD

Is there a way to do this? I didnt even know I was getting comments on my profile cuz nothing told me so... is there a way to set up a notification system for it?

Kyttias
03-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Hmmm.... in classes/class_visitormessage.php, after line 91, add the following (note that this is sort of untested, let me know if there are problems!):
$mysidia->db->insert("messages", array("id" => NULL, "fromuser" => "SYSTEM", "touser" => $this->touser, "status" => "unread", "datesent" => $date->format("M d, Y")." at ".$date->format("h:i A"), "messagetitle" => "New Profile Message!", "messagetext" => "{$this->fromuser} wrote the following on your profile: <br><blockquote class='well'>\"{$mysidia->input->post("vmtext")}\"</blockquote><br> You can <a href='../../profile/view/{$this->touser}'>visit your profile</a> to reply to this message."));

This will send the user a PM whenever they receive a profile message. But if you want "notification system" like behavior, you'll need to look over this thread (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4599). In short, Mysidia's template system is built on top of Smarty. You can display how many unread messages a user has as part of the template. You could also do this anywhere else by making a variable that will simply hold the number of unread messages and then displaying it:

$messages = $mysidia->db->select("messages", array(), "touser='{$mysidia->user->username}' and status='unread'")->rowCount();

Sorry if that's a bit advanced but I hope it helps. :happyc:

Ittermat
03-22-2016, 05:52 PM
Thank you Kyttias!! You're the best! I'll look into it <3