PDA

View Full Version : Raffle or Action mod?

Corsair
12-12-2016, 06:12 PM
I thought I put in a request and maybe someone might be able to help. Does anyone know how to make a Raffle or a auction script. Ether would be fairly useful.

Dinocanid
12-12-2016, 07:10 PM
I think I may be able to do one of them, though I'm not exactly sure which would be easier to achieve. A raffle script might be, since users would buy tickets and, on a certain date, the user with the most tickets is picked correct?

Corsair
12-12-2016, 07:33 PM
That would be wonderful.

If I remember correctly you buy more tickets it increases a person odds of winning. The money put into the raffle collects as a Jackpot. Most sites I've seen limit it to 50 tickets.

Maybe there should be a tax on so it also takes money out. It's not necessary just a idea.

Dinocanid
12-15-2016, 03:52 PM
To give you an update on what I have so far, I managed to make the base of the script so a user can buy a set number of tickets from a dropdown list and the tickets are added to the database. The script would pick a random user, but some users would have higher odds of winning since they have more tickets in the database. Right now I need to work on adding money to the jackpot and cleaning up the script. I'm trying to figure out how "for loops" can work with the mysidia script since it is getting pretty long with duplicate lines of code adding database entries depending on how many tickets the user buys. I should be able to finish it before long though.

Corsair
12-15-2016, 04:14 PM
That's amazing! I wish there was something I could do for you in return.

Dinocanid
12-15-2016, 04:20 PM
You don't have too! Working on scripts like this help me figure out my way around the mysidia script.

How would you rather manage raffles? Like through the adminCP or buttons on the page that are only visible to admins?

Corsair
12-20-2016, 05:06 PM
I assume admin panel if that's possible.

Dinocanid
12-31-2016, 12:58 PM
Just posting to say that I have the main part of the mod done, I just need to work on managing it from the adminCP.

Dinocanid
01-20-2017, 06:13 PM
Would you mind getting a version without adminCP control? It's taking much longer than I thought to finish that part of the script, though the rest of it is functioning.

Silver_Brick
01-20-2017, 07:20 PM
Maybe i am also interested without acp