PDA

View Full Version : Feedback 1.0.0 -

ProWeb
04-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Oh SNAP Brandon... I don't think anybody expected you to get this thing out so quick! Great job man!

I'm playing with the online demo (great idea to have one... any chance you'll eventually have an admin demo running too that resets every hour or so?).

Here's some quick feedback:

Here is something that was frustrating with the previous version and looks like it is still hanging around:

The text area where the code is given, on the old version: it was too small for the code... made copy/paste tricky. The text area should be big enough to fit the entire code. Also, introduce some javascript or whatever to have the entire box highlighted on click... even better, copied to clipboard on click or a button to copy to clipboard.

I'll have to see the admin side, but I hope it is also easier configuration of what elements to show: image only, name, level, etc.

On myadopts.php - There is a lot of real estate here. Would it make sense to have some basic stats and quick "get bb / html code" links on each creature? Maybe a few key icons to the left or right of the creature name or the "manage" link.

Default ads: I STRONGLY suggest you have the banner ads on default installations setup with your own AdSense code so you can make some money off default installations. If not that, then you should at least have some ads that show off your own sites / products.

I hope the amount of new posts / questions doesn't overwhelm you... you've got something pretty unique and cool here!

I'm going to keep playing and you can keep up the good work![hr]
Okay, a couple other small bits:

1) I think you should change message "Title" to message "Subject". Having Title and Text so close together on messages.php?act=read is a little confusing.

2) I tried to freeze a creature and was taken to myadopts.php?act=freeze&id=83&more=freeze . The text on the page said, "Action Complete. You may now manage Circle Rules on the <a href='myadopts.php?act=manage&id=83> My Adopts page."

mugwumpr
04-17-2009, 12:32 AM
I am 100% completely LOVING this new setup. Totally. Completely blown away by it....

:D

BMR777
04-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. As far as the BBCode goes, which browser are you using? It seems to work fine in Firefox but the form fields I have noticed are always half size in Internet Explorer. I like your javascript copy all idea too, so I'll consider that for the next release.

I'll consider editing the myadopts.php page. Some people like it with the actions under each creature, however that's what I had in the last release and people complained so I implemented the current system. I really can't please everyone. :)

Oh, and the freezing is working correctly. If you don't like any language phrases you can open lang/lang.php and edit the language phrases to something else. :)

Brandon

Xius
04-17-2009, 10:37 AM
It's overall really good.
But the AdminCP makes creating an adoptable was too complicated.
I'd like to get all of the levels done at once, not the first level, set. second level, set. third level, set. etc.

ProWeb
04-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the reply Brandon, and I totally get what you are saying about not pleasing everybody... I've got a community of thousands of users and agree it is impossible.

I'm using IE since that's still what 87% of my site visitors use. I cross browser check from time to time, but my priority is to ensure that my apps work for the majority of my userbase first.

Regarding the quick links on the myadopts.php page: I wonder if you got complaints on the last one because the people that were happy were quiet? I'm a stickler for efficiency and shortcuts, and am always looking for the quickest / easiest way to access what I need.

Keep up the good work. Pretty amazing code for only working in PHP for a year!