PDA

View Full Version : New Release Currency

trollis76
04-17-2009, 12:50 AM
I need help making up a currency for the new release, I can't figure out how to do.
Ex:
I want the Adopt site to ask you which lottery you want to try out, and when you choose one you first pay for it and then have like 70% chance to get something. I thought that maybe you can make like, a site that you get to when you press the adopt bar, and then it would ask something like:
What do you want to do?
And you can answer:
Buy Easy Lottery Ticket (100$)
Buy Hard Lottery Ticket (800$)
Buy Medium Lottery Ticket (450$)

But I don't know how to do the currency thing, or anything else. Help?

BMR777
04-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Moving to the modifications forum. I'm sure the mod authors will be upgrading their currency mod to the new release. :)

ghazal
05-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Thanks admin

trollis76
05-24-2009, 02:12 AM
*Well... I Hope so* :(

Bloodrun
05-24-2009, 07:33 AM
trollis, are you specifically looking for currency with adoptables level up?

Or just some form of currency?

trollis76
05-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Hm... I don't think I am looking for some special one, just the one that I can get. :)

zhiichiro
05-24-2009, 11:02 AM
you mean, money users can get on playing lottery, instead of clicking other's pet?

trollis76
05-24-2009, 11:24 AM
No, that is what you could use the money for - just an example. :)

Bloodrun
05-24-2009, 11:40 AM
No, that is what you could use the money for - just an example. :)

I know SeaPyramid has a lottery code shes working on. You might want to talk to her about that.

trollis76
05-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Grr... This wasn't about LOTTERY this was about CURRENCY![hr]
Or... Wait a second... *Embarressed*
But the lottery doesn't matter if I can't have a currency for it.

Bloodrun
05-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Grr... This wasn't about LOTTERY this was about CURRENCY![hr]
Or... Wait a second... *Embarressed*
But the lottery doesn't matter if I can't have a currency for it.

You can have a currency. But you need a way for your members to get their currency, i.e. adoptable level up, forum posting, etc.

trollis76
05-25-2009, 12:42 AM
Well, the previous Currency script should be OK - or I mean in the same way. :)
*Almost*

Seapyramid
05-26-2009, 09:30 AM
I have created a working currency earning mod, a slot machine to spend the coin and am working on a dice game as well as a "buy adoptables" store to spend coin earned on. I will be passing some of these scripts over to Bloodrun soon and if he wishes to make them part of the donator's mods he will be able to do so.

Sea

Bloodrun
05-26-2009, 10:19 AM
I have created a working currency earning mod, a slot machine to spend the coin and am working on a dice game as well as a "buy adoptables" store to spend coin earned on. I will be passing some of these scripts over to Bloodrun soon and if he wishes to make them part of the donator's mods he will be able to do so.

Sea

=D
Why thank you. And yes, this script(s) will be available for Donator's only as of yet. I will be trying to make a script for non members, but of course, there will be limitations.

trollis76
05-27-2009, 04:51 AM
*Cries*
OK.. :(

Saphira
05-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Just to add to the suggestion, how about a click exchange? You get one credit for clicking on someone's link, and you lose one when people click on yours, then you can "spend" your extra credits on things like slots, lottery, etc.? Just an idea. ;]

Seapyramid
05-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Just to add to the suggestion, how about a click exchange? You get one credit for clicking on someone's link, and you lose one when people click on yours, then you can "spend" your extra credits on things like slots, lottery, etc.? Just an idea. ;]

Bloodrun might be interested in this challenge. I personally think with the way I have the random pets set up for clicking and the incentive of the coin to use for games to win special pets and the store coming to buy special pets there is more then enough incentive to click.

Also the way I have the Random Adoptable training page set up at Mystic Grove only pets who are not yet at max level and not frozen show up so all clicks go to pets that are in need of leveling.

Bloodrun
05-27-2009, 02:57 PM

Bloodrun might be interested in this challenge. I personally think with the way I have the random pets set up for clicking and the incentive of the coin to use for games to win special pets and the store coming to buy special pets there is more then enough incentive to click.

Also the way I have the Random Adoptable training page set up at Mystic Grove only pets who are not yet at max level and not frozen show up so all clicks go to pets that are in need of leveling.

Hmm, I would have to add a clicking limitation per person, because someone could get very evil with this.

Saphira
05-27-2009, 03:24 PM

Hmm, I would have to add a clicking limitation per person, because someone could get very evil with this.

Haha, if you're serious about taking this on, I could give you a lot of details about how to make them work the best, coz I used to be an admin on one for a very large game, where the links on the click exchange were for the certain player's trap. Some stats from when it was in its prime before the game closed down:

5603 registered
233114 clicks today
130588092 between 2007-01-01 - 2007-07-12

Bloodrun
05-27-2009, 03:49 PM

Haha, if you're serious about taking this on, I could give you a lot of details about how to make them work the best, coz I used to be an admin on one for a very large game, where the links on the click exchange were for the certain player's trap. Some stats from when it was in its prime before the game closed down:

5603 registered
233114 clicks today
130588092 between 2007-01-01 - 2007-07-12

When things settle down a little, I will more then likely look into it =D