PDA

View Full Version : More Important?

Rsmiley
04-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Well, the Adoptables Cat is over the MyBB MF mod and yea...
That was your main production...

So... Whats up?

BMR777
04-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Well, the Adoptables Cat is over the MyBB MF mod and yea...
That was your main production...

So... Whats up?

The adoptables script has surpassed the MyBB Multiforums script as far as popularity, so I thought it should be on top. The adoptables members are more active as far as I can tell and the adoptables script (the old version) received more downloads than the MyBB Multiforums Script in the same timespan, so that is why I put the adoptables script on top.

It's a business decision, as I think the new adoptables script may have more earning potential than the MyBB Multiforums Mod, at least in the short term.

Of course, the MyBB Multiforums Mod is one of our most popular scripts and we will continue to support and develop it. :)

Brandon

Rsmiley
04-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Any ETA to next release?

It seems you have dedicated all your time to the adoptables script and put off the MyBB MF for now?

I just do not want to see the only and best free MyBB MF script die...

Ajof and the other developers here seem to have left so theres really no one to take over the project if you were to discontinue production of it...

Roger.

BMR777
04-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Any ETA to next release?

It seems you have dedicated all your time to the adoptables script and put off the MyBB MF for now?

I just do not want to see the only and best free MyBB MF script die...

Ajof and the other developers here seem to have left so theres really no one to take over the project if you were to discontinue production of it...

Roger.

Well, over the summer I'll probably rewrite a huge portion of the Host Admin CP and make it more of an "all in one" solution with a CMS built in, etc. I also want to refine the PayPal handling of the Premium Mods and maybe also integrate TrialPay support.

Right now I have a month of school left so I don't have much time for development, but hopefully for summer I'll have plenty of time. :)

Brandon

Rsmiley
04-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Well how bout a security update cause summer is quite far away if you look at it in an insecure point of view.

I cannot wait to see what you come up with but i think you should halt the Adoptables for a short bit and place interest on the MyBB MF mod as people do want and need updates for it.

Just my 11 nickels...

Roger.

BMR777
04-19-2009, 05:57 PM
There is no security problem in the MyBB Multiforums Mod itself, only in MyBB 1.4.4 that was fixed when 1.4.5 came out.

Users running 1.4.4 should be able to replace the security effected files with ones from the changed files only package at the MyBB website:

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-48484-post-339322.html#pid339322

As long as there is no security problem in the MyBB Multiforums Mod there is no need for an emergency update. Security fixes in MyBB should be handled by manually patching / replacing the affected MyBB files. :)

Brandon

Rsmiley
04-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Ahha, well there can be plenty of features security wise and such that you could add. That would more than likey increase the downloads of it... :D

Anyway, NEW Adoptables Script Coming Soon!

Might wanna correct that

BMR777
04-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Well, the script itself is very secure. There have been no reported security holes or exploits of it or any site running the script, so adding new "security" just to call it a "feature" and force people to upgrade seems kinda pointless. :)

I honestly wish I had unlimited time to devote to coding, however I have to balance coding, providing support, school, family, etc all at once so when I do have time to code it is not as much as I would hope for. If I had unlimited free time the adoptables script would have probably been done in 3 weeks, but it took longer due to time constraints.

Plus, with the more users we get, the more support is required, the less time I have to actually develop the scripts, etc. It's a rather nasty cycle, but is also just a part of business. :)

Brandon