PDA

View Full Version : Images not showing

RipJawWolfFang
04-20-2009, 01:26 AM
When i post my adoptable on a site the image wont come up...
Some sites seem to work better then others but sites that used to work no longer do...
ALL of the codes do this!

trollis76
04-20-2009, 01:29 AM
What format does your pictures have? Just wondering.

RipJawWolfFang
04-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Gif

It apears that it only docent work sometimes...
i dont realy have a clue why it desides to work and not work whenever it wants

trollis76
04-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Oh, my picture in the sig. does not work. I wonder what's going on.

BMR777
04-20-2009, 04:16 PM
This is because the sites see the .php extension in the image URL and disallow the image for security reasons.

To fix, first you need to find in the adoptables directory the htaccess.txt file. Rename the file to .htaccess and then open it in wordpad. Find where it says adoptables200 and change to where you have the script installed, in your case it looks like it would be adoptables just. :)

Then in your Admin CP enable the alternate BBCode in the Settings > GD and Signature Settings area. :)

trollis76
04-21-2009, 04:59 AM
Well, I took my FireFTP, connected and renamed it to .htaccess and it just disappeared. :( What happened?[hr]
And I can't upload it at all!

BMR777
04-21-2009, 03:47 PM
In FireFTP you have to go to Tools > Options > Show Hidden Files. Then the .htaccess file should be visible. I forgot it is automatically hidden on some servers. :)

trollis76
04-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Well, now it's visible, but... I still can't get the pictures to work, even if I renamed the file and changed the locatio- oh, that's right.
What should I change the location to? The adoptable200 thing? Because I don't have a folder whose name is Adoptable.
I have Public_html>"Adoptable-stuff"

BMR777
04-23-2009, 02:48 PM
If the folder name is Adoptable-stuff then you would change adoptables200 to Adoptable-stuff in the .htaccess file.

trollis76
04-24-2009, 08:42 AM
No, the thing is that I DON'T have an adoptable-folder. That's why I did "Adoptable-Stuff".

BMR777
04-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Please post a link to your install as well as the contents of your .htaccess file and I'll correct it. :)

trollis76
04-26-2009, 06:04 AM
Link to my install? I didn't get that, sorry.
But I'll post the .htaccess file.

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^get/([0-9]+).gif$ /siggy.php?id=$1 [L]

EDIT:
Look, if I enter my FireFTP I have the folder Public_html. And inside I have taken all of the stuff that was INSIDE the adoptable folder and uploaded it. So I have no adoptable folder, just all of the basic stuff inside my Public_html. So, in shorter terms you could say that I use my Public_html instead of the adoptable.

Sorry if you didn't understand a word.

BMR777
04-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Ok, the .htaccess file looks good.

I went to the link in your sig, and when I visit the URL for the image I get this in siggy.php:

http://www.tsengu.comli.com/get/3.gif

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/a8498929/public_html/siggy.php on line 168"

Please try re-uploading siggy.php from the download package. You either edited it incorrectly or it did not upload properly. :)

Aluka
05-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Hi, I've read this thread, and did everything I was supposed to do to the .htaccess file, but my images still don't show up!

BMR777
05-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Please post a link + your .htaccess file contents.

Aluka
05-03-2009, 04:14 PM
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^get/([0-9]+).gif$ /home/siggy.php?id=$1 [L]

That's exactly how my .htaccess file looks like. And I renamed my adoptables folder to home, so, don't say anything about that. I posted some of my links in my signature, too.

BMR777
05-03-2009, 04:32 PM
If you visit the image directly something appears:

http://www.dragania.host22.com/home/get/2.gif

But the image isn't working properly for some reason. Did you make any edits to the siggy.php file?

Aluka
05-03-2009, 04:46 PM
I don't remember editing siggy.php

BMR777
05-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Ok, try turning off the GD in your Admin CP in the Settings area. Then see if the images appear any better. :)

Aluka
05-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Okay, I turned off the settings, and the actual image is now shown.

BMR777
05-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Ok, that means then that the GD library on your server might have something configured wrong. Another thing to try is to remove some of the white space around the image and see if that helps at all.

Aluka
05-03-2009, 05:06 PM
I really don't think removing the white space helps, unless if GD is activated, then you can see the text better.[hr][hr]
Well, I still have my signature problems. Oh well. Thanks for the help, BMR777.

Aluka
05-03-2009, 06:18 PM
AHA! I found out what was wrong!! Anybody who has the problem of their images not showing in siggys, and they changed their .htaccess file properly, then go to this thread:

http://www.rusnakweb.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=871

And remove any quotation marks in your codes.

trollis76
05-08-2009, 11:38 AM
It's just that I've done EVERYTHING! I've changed the .Htaccess and I've fixed the quotation marks.[hr]
Oh, I have one of the un-working pictures in my sig.

BMR777
05-08-2009, 01:18 PM
It's just that I've done EVERYTHING! I've changed the .Htaccess and I've fixed the quotation marks.[hr]
Oh, I have one of the un-working pictures in my sig.

Your script path is set wrong. Why do you have public_html in the path to the image?

You'll have to download inc > config.php and make sure the domain and script path are set correctly. Then generate a new BBCode.

trollis76
05-09-2009, 02:30 AM
OK, so I'll delete the Public_html at the beginning or what? I'll try that then, thank you.[hr]
Fixed that. It's still not working though. :(

BMR777
05-09-2009, 03:41 PM
OK, so I'll delete the Public_html at the beginning or what? I'll try that then, thank you.[hr]

You may need to reupload the image and then go into the adoptable's settings and change the image to the new one you uploaded. The reason is that if the path was incorrect when you uploaded / set the image, it is still incorrect in the database.

Seapyramid
05-09-2009, 10:44 PM

Again I will say... Do a Google search... and learn a bit about HTML & PHP.. then ask questions. Don't expect Brandon or us to create your site for you. The reason I show screen shots of mods instead of giving scripts is because I am modifying so many files & the MYSQL DB that you wouldn't understand, you that expect the work done for you. Learning is a GOOD thing... try it.

trollis76
05-10-2009, 04:43 AM
Sorry, it is just that I've already taken a lot of these classes and courses, but I still can't put everything together. And also, I hoped that you would have the answer already, so I didn't have to look it up myself, with my bad sence of scripts.

Thank you! :)

trollis76
05-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Darn. I did one simple thing, and ALL pictures stop working. I just fixed the pictures size, so that it wouldn't take so much room. :([hr]
And I do everything that I did last time to fix it, but this time it doesn't work. :(

BMR777
05-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Darn. I did one simple thing, and ALL pictures stop working. I just fixed the pictures size, so that it wouldn't take so much room. :([hr]
And I do everything that I did last time to fix it, but this time it doesn't work. :(

What exactly did you do to change the picture size? Link to problem images please?

trollis76
05-11-2009, 12:53 AM
This is my problem:
http://www.poke-berry.netne.net/get/11.gif (http://www.poke-berry.netne.net/levelup.php?id=11)

They aren't showing anymore. I changed the pictures sizes, first down a bit...
And then I increased the size again - and *BANG*, it stopped working. :(

trollis76
05-11-2009, 10:22 AM
If I want to, I could use the Picuploads folders pictures, but that wouldn't be so good. Then they won't have a name. :([hr]
Good news, I solved it! I'm so sorry for being such a bother with my noobie-questions and everything.
Seems like deleting some stuffs from the strings in Siggy.php made it mess.
Thank you for your help anyhow! :)